Looks like Reason Studios have redesigned their site...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tomusurp

04 Mar 2024

And I also think their website is just bad simply because it's an ongoing identity crisis with one of the worst business models. I'm telling you now, if they let me, I would remodel their entire marketing and license structure. Make it simpler, to the point, and actually point out what about Reason actually makes it superior. Not these poems about racks all the time LOL. That and mixed with better social media they would explode to the frontier in less than a few years. Mark my words if they let me do it
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/@usurptom
https://www.usurptom.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

Mataya

04 Mar 2024

Is it really that confusing for you? What's so hard to understand after 30 years? You have a plugin, you have a Daw, you have extensions and you can choose to subscribe or own a license. You sound like you're in a chess game.
midi out

M

tomusurp

04 Mar 2024

Mataya wrote:
04 Mar 2024
Is it really that confusing for you? What's so hard to understand after 30 years? You have a plugin, you have a Daw, you have extensions and you can choose to subscribe or own a license. You sound like you're in a chess game.
midi out

M
Did you even read my points? Of course I know what it is I've been using it for over a decade. It's a bad model because I'm looking at it from the vantage of a business model and a new customer. There is no simply unity or cohesion in the explanation and showcase of Reason. I'm not saying it's a complete disaster for new customers to understand but the marketing model is like splattered paint and it's disingenuous to the software. It should be simple. You have Reason, and you have RP. No Reason+. Just Reason with perpetual and subscription options. And the plugin should be called Rack Plugin not Reason Rack Plugin and have it's own page on the website. Super simple strategy. Do you even play chess? In chess, we would call this marketing a "blunder"
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/@usurptom
https://www.usurptom.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

Mataya

04 Mar 2024

I've been using it for over two decades and there was always some genius offering a better solution for their marketing and design, but actually just expressing his need for "listen to meeeee". I'm pretty sure you're smart, since you're a chess player, but since a lot of people like the design and their marketing strategies...should give you a clue that it's not that bad as You think. You said it's a Total Insult for the community...I'm really not insulted a tiny bit and I think I'm a part of the community...not really sure.

tx
M

Aosta

04 Mar 2024

deeplink wrote:
04 Mar 2024
Ya that cutting-shaky cam footage is hectic. Surprised there isn't loud auto-play music in background.
They need some epilepsy warning or something :?
Tend the flame

joeyluck

04 Mar 2024

Let's please be nice. I think people can voice opinions without being so harsh and dramatic. The tone some people have would not be acceptable for reviews of music here because that's understood to be crappy behavior. Somehow people seem to forget that companies are comprised of people. If there's something with the website that doesn't seem right to you or you think can be better, then report it and maybe send them a nice email. I like the new design and there are a few issues with it that I reported.

Pepin

04 Mar 2024

Has prioritized support always been a feature of Reason+?
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-04 155825.png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 155825.png (21.18 KiB) Viewed 842 times

Steedus
Competition Winner

04 Mar 2024

I think they just need to do/say that because issues with billing/account management and new user questions are greater/more important with a subscription service. But to answer your question .. I would imagine it was always given a priority.

dusan.cani

04 Mar 2024

---
This button takes nearly entire browser window space on the desktop. It seems the new website shouldn't be visited on the desktop browsers anymore.

button2.PNG
button2.PNG (443.04 KiB) Viewed 805 times

Bes
Competition Winner

04 Mar 2024

what if their marketing worked and RTalk had thousands of new members all asking nooby stuff
- Certified Reason expert

Bes
Competition Winner

04 Mar 2024

GETRT.jpg
GETRT.jpg (173.55 KiB) Viewed 786 times
- Certified Reason expert

deeplink
Competition Winner

04 Mar 2024

joeyluck wrote:
04 Mar 2024
Let's please be nice. I think people can voice opinions without being so harsh and dramatic. The tone some people have would not be acceptable for reviews of music here because that's understood to be crappy behavior. Somehow people seem to forget that companies are comprised of people. If there's something with the website that doesn't seem right to you or you think can be better, then report it and maybe send them a nice email. I like the new design and there are a few issues with it that I reported.
While I am not a fan of the redesign and happy to say as much, I feel like the language I used was pretty loose and therefore may have incentived this. Sorry!

To follow on from my original post, perhaps RS has the data and realised that 95% of traffic comes from mobile. So maybe it made sense to have a mobile-first website. Unfortunately it's a not a great experience on PC.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Steedus
Competition Winner

04 Mar 2024

As someone who works behind the scenes at a hi-fi retailer I can say that mobile traffic in the last 3 years has gone from something like 12% to over 60%. At least for us.

"teenage hipsters" - what if they had clear evidence that those types of people are their customers? Reason Talk is surely the minority in what we want and vocalise.

----

Lol perhaps this is secretly addressed at us: (wanting "standard" tools/features that other DAWs have)
"Reason Was Never Made For Those Looking For The Standards"

bxbrkrz

04 Mar 2024

At a 50% zoom on my pc the site is fine.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

Heigen5

05 Mar 2024

It's a sexy looking new design. The font makes it look cute.

Popey
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2024

I tend to visit rs site on mobile unless I am buying something and on mobile it looks OK. Only negative thing I saw was the incremental scrolling in one part which was slightly annoying (think it was history of Reason bit).

Not tried it on desktop yet though.

chimp_spanner

05 Mar 2024

I’m browsing on mobile atm - a few images aren’t loading (or perhaps aren’t present; “flip the rack” for example) but mostly I think it looks good! Maybe some areas where the formatting could be a bit cleaned up but it certainly looks a lot more engaging than the old site. I’ll check it on desktop when I get home.

Hopefully this is in anticipation of a big new version!

And hopefully that new version is gonna have folders and multiple MIDI clock destinations 😂

Sorry I couldn’t help myself.

craste

05 Mar 2024

I'm going against the grain on here as I'm going to say the new website looks fantastic!

I'm viewing it on PC too.

It looks exciting bright and modern!

Just needs some footage of Reason 13 on it! ha ha

mind2069

05 Mar 2024

joeyluck wrote:
04 Mar 2024
I guess you are talkin about me and I revisited it this morning and I stand by what I said, I still think it's really bad on so many levels. Not looking to pick a fight but I really like Reason and this is actually the worst revamped site I have ever seen from a professional company. Like a company whos has an identity crisis that just fired top level staff before giving one last shot with junior staff. I would actually have a real big meeting to correct course rapidly or fire the people behind this.

The color scheme, the overuse of fonts (and some very bad one like in the footer), the proportions (padding, margins, font size, border radius, alignments) are "wrong" and this is creeping into the software, Even some of the statements are really lame: "I love Reason so much I almost got a tattoo". Who came up with this? Seems like a cringe thing a teenager high on something would say.

I understand this is the website and doesn't affect the software and I'm sorry if some are offended and I understand there's different taste for everybody (some people love McDonalds or cigarettes), but seeing a company I love going this route is worrisome. Now that Reason 12 is stable, I hope this doesn't prelude anything of a bad revamp of the Software (guessing they are about to update the sequencer)

Billy+

05 Mar 2024

Only thing I would say / report is that adblocker thinks most of the page should be blocked

I needed to disable it so that the menus and active content worked..

maybe they need some kind of detection to advise adblocker users to disable it for there site ;)

avasopht
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2024

The video is too jumpy to play automatically on the home page. At the very least let it breathe for a few seconds.

Other than that, the rest of the design is quite solid.

There is a huge design flaw with the audio preview's playback control, because at the default browser width, the track position/duration takes up most of the space, making the position control about 5 mm wide on the screen.

I'd drop the emphasis on the £1 for the first month of Reason+. Given the design and who it it aims to appeal to, that's more of a distraction than a selling point IMO. Maybe the analytics tell a different story.

I'd also caution against saying Reason+ has the best value. That's the customer's decision, and the two offerings are too differentiated to even give a recommended package.

It would only be okay if R+ gave perpetual licenses after 3 years of subscribing.

Prioritized support says we perpetual license holders are being given sub-par support!

Having Windows 11 as a recommended requirement looks iffy unless there are reported differences.

But it feels good as a design. It feels like it will inspire more curiosity while presenting itself as a high-value product.

This could drive up sales.
Last edited by avasopht on 05 Mar 2024, edited 1 time in total.

ekss
RE Developer

05 Mar 2024

I kind of like the new look. I just wish that the shop and Rack Extensions were more in focus, or easier to find. I think Reason should be proud of the RE format, it might have some limitations compared to vst/au/aax but it also has all the benefits of being integrated 100% in the rack environment with backside cv routing, easy install/license management, rock solid performance etc.. but I might be biased ;)

chimp_spanner

05 Mar 2024

Just had a look at the site on my desktop, overall I like it. I get that it's a more 'youthful' approach to site design but it looks vibrant. I'd agree the massive video that auto plays is maybe a bit visually over-stimulating? Either ease into it or have something a bit more chill. But beyond that yeah, I think it's cool. As much as a 40 year old can know what's cool anymore. Y'all seen that dancing baby GIF? Hilarious!

joeyluck

05 Mar 2024

mind2069 wrote:
05 Mar 2024
joeyluck wrote:
04 Mar 2024
I guess you are talkin about me and I revisited it this morning and I stand by what I said, I still think it's really bad on so many levels. Not looking to pick a fight but I really like Reason and this is actually the worst revamped site I have ever seen from a professional company. Like a company whos has an identity crisis that just fired top level staff before giving one last shot with junior staff. I would actually have a real big meeting to correct course rapidly or fire the people behind this.

The color scheme, the overuse of fonts (and some very bad one like in the footer), the proportions (padding, margins, font size, border radius, alignments) are "wrong" and this is creeping into the software, Even some of the statements are really lame: "I love Reason so much I almost got a tattoo". Who came up with this? Seems like a cringe thing a teenager high on something would say.

I understand this is the website and doesn't affect the software and I'm sorry if some are offended and I understand there's different taste for everybody (some people love McDonalds or cigarettes), but seeing a company I love going this route is worrisome. Now that Reason 12 is stable, I hope this doesn't prelude anything of a bad revamp of the Software (guessing they are about to update the sequencer)
You're being dramatic. It's ok to not like something, but you feel the need to escalate that to say someone needs to be fired? It's like you really need someone to feel your frustration and you have to make it personal? There's always someone being dramatic with any change...it's been rinse and repeat for nearly 30 years...everything will be fine ;)

DaveyG

05 Mar 2024

At least he didn't get slapped in the face.

• Information