Bulk disable UAD plugins?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mdcmdcmdc

29 Feb 2024

Hi all,

I have a UAD arrow as a small desktop interface at home. If you've used a UAD interface before you probably know that it installs *every* UAD plugin along with its Console software. So, you have 100s of plugins that you do not own and cannot use. This causes two problems in Reason: first, scanning these folders on startup takes a not-insignificant amount of time; second, I really don't want to have to navigate around them in the effects browser.

(note: I'm working in mac os)

In settings—>advanced—>folders I've added the "universal audio" folders from /library/audio VST and VST3 to the "ignore" list, but I can't navigate to the /users/[me]/audio/library from the window in reason preferences to add the folders that live there. Likewise, there are UAD "component" files in the component folder, but they are not subgrouped in a separate UAD folder - they're just loose.

Short of going into the plugin manager and disabling every single UAD product individually (this would take... an hour? hours?) is there a way to do this as a bulk action? Is there a way to navigate to the hidden library folder in a user path in reason's browser? ie, the way hitting the option key reveals it in finder?

It would be nice to be able to disable multiple plugins at once in the plugin manager, but here we are.

Have any other UAD users found a workaround here? Thanks!

Mataya

29 Feb 2024

Can't you just delete .dll's vrom the VST3 folder of the plugins you don't own?

M

Overtherainbow

29 Feb 2024

No, there's no workaround. Just delete them from the VST 2 and 3 directories manually 1 by 1. UAD marketing strategies are so neanderthal they make Waves look good. The plugins themselves are good, though.

RobBarnett

29 Feb 2024

RobBarnett

29 Feb 2024

RobBarnett wrote:
29 Feb 2024
If you’re on a Mac, this might work
https://www.widebluesound.com/audio-plugin-uninstaller/

• Information