Combinator 2 question or Combinator 3 possibility

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Eski

26 Feb 2024

I’ve created a combinator that I want to use as a live performance tool (lots of filters and pattern switching).

Just thinking out of the box now but is there a way of snapping the dials/faders and buttons back to a default setting during a live jam?

If not I think it would be a massive plus for a combinator 3. Imagine another section of the combinator that was focused on this, it could even store several default setting or bring dials back to position gradually for a smooth return to home.

xbitz

26 Feb 2024

out of curiosity what was wrong with Volt SL-1? (in case you've missed https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... volt-sl-1/ )
:reason: :recycle: :re: :record: :refill: :rt:

Eski

26 Feb 2024

Nothing wrong with Volt SL-1 apart from 'me' forgetting it existed :)
Thanks xbitz. I'll look into incorporating this one.

DaveyG

26 Feb 2024

It took 'em several centuries to go from Combinator 1 to Combinator 2 so don't hold your breath for Combinator 3. :lol: :lol:

Eski

26 Feb 2024

Yes the VOLT SL1 is kind of working for me now but I haven’t finished it yet, so I may hit a brick wall.

I still think it would be a nice edition to the Combinator interface though - so come on RS you know it makes sense ;)

dioxide

26 Feb 2024

Yes. This is exactly what I do. Alt click on the parameter to create an automation lane. Now you can adjust the parameter to whatever you want and when you want to snap back to the default you click the Reset Automation Override button. This can also be mapped to your MIDI controller. The downside is that it is only for the entire Song but that’s sometimes exactly what you want.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

27 Feb 2024

chimp_spanner

27 Feb 2024

I do like Combi 2 but I feel like they could've gone further with it. Snapshots, stepped knobs, exclusive button groups, XY and ribbon controllers, readouts/displays.

Worker 13

27 Feb 2024

It's not an elegant solution, but on some combinators I'll add a switch button and then setup all the defaults to activate when you push it. But, this won't change the positions of the dials on the combinator, only under the hood.

Eski

28 Feb 2024

This is kind of what I’m trying to do now.
I’m looking at having 3 layers of synth using 3 instances of abl3 and I wanted all 3 to have a default state.

I’m now looking at having an A/B switch next to each ABL they will all be hooked up to a separate VOLT
SET A = Default
SET B = (knobs mapped to the combinator knobs for tweaking)

This seems to be working well with the direct link to the ABL CV inputs modulation.
I haven’t looked at getting any of the other ABL knobs wired up yet.
Screenshot-11.jpg
Screenshot-11.jpg (26.92 KiB) Viewed 596 times
Screenshot-2.jpg
Screenshot-2.jpg (132.64 KiB) Viewed 596 times
It would be interesting to hear any other takes on what I’ve done so far.

LaunchEon looks like it could be good solution but as I have Volt, I’ll see how far I can get with it.

Initial idea below
Screenshot-33.jpg
Screenshot-33.jpg (70.46 KiB) Viewed 596 times

• Information