Reason Studios Down?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
FGL

23 Feb 2024

Everything is fine now here in Germany.

PhillipOrdonez

23 Feb 2024

Still not working here. Wifi, phone, brave browser. 14:50

Ps: tried on a private window on safari and the site loads fine. Weird!

Aosta

23 Feb 2024

People are clearing their cache and trying?
Tend the flame

crimsonwarlock

23 Feb 2024

Mich01 wrote:
23 Feb 2024
I will try to find out a way to gete in contact with support in one way or another.
I hope you mean your provider's support, as it is obvious this has nothing to do with the Reason Studios website. I have been able to reach the website all through yesterday and today (including just now), without any problems. The Reason Studios website is fine. No issues with online authorization either.

So definitely an internet-related problem:
crimsonwarlock wrote:
22 Feb 2024
Must be some backbone or DNS subtree issue.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

PhillipOrdonez

23 Feb 2024

Aosta wrote:
23 Feb 2024
People are clearing their cache and trying?
Brave isn't loading the site here on a fresh incognito window (restarted the app, that should clear the cache). Safari does. Same device, network. What gives?

Mich01

23 Feb 2024

crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Feb 2024
Mich01 wrote:
23 Feb 2024
I will try to find out a way to gete in contact with support in one way or another.
I hope you mean your provider's support, as it is obvious this has nothing to do with the Reason Studios website. I have been able to reach the website all through yesterday and today (including just now), without any problems. The Reason Studios website is fine. No issues with online authorization either.

So definitely an internet-related problem:
crimsonwarlock wrote:
22 Feb 2024
Must be some backbone or DNS subtree issue.
I don't know much about DNS or what Subtrees are.
The only thing I know is that the site is not reachable from different devices, via different browsers and different modems/routers.
I've contacted my internetprovider. They tested my side of the connection and that seems to be fine.
The operator of the provider also tried to reach RS-site from his place and he got the same errormessage as I get.
The only way to get connection seems to be via a VPN-connection (which I don't have).

It looks like that there is something happening somewhere underway in the wide web..

So I also send a message to RS-support. I hope they will check their side of the connection

It is a strange phenomena.

Regards Michel

crimsonwarlock

23 Feb 2024

Mich01 wrote:
23 Feb 2024
I don't know much about DNS or what Subtrees are.
It is part of how the internet works and how your browser can find the website. Things can do wrong there (it happens), but it basically means that certain regions and/or providers can have problems reaching a website while other regions/providers don't have a problem.
Mich01 wrote:
23 Feb 2024
The only thing I know is that the site is reachable from different devices, via different browsers and different modems/routers.
Which basically tells you that it is a localized problem, limited to your region, provider, or even your setup. It also tells you that if certain regions, providers, and users can connect to the website without issues, that it is NOT the website that is the problem.
Mich01 wrote:
23 Feb 2024
The only way to get connection seems to be via a VPN-connection (which I don't have).
Again, this informs you that it is a localized problem. VPN means you access the website through another server (called a proxy) and that server is somewhere where there is no problem. VPN gets your connection out of the problem zone. I don't use a VPN, I connect directly to the RS website, still without any issues.
Mich01 wrote:
23 Feb 2024
It looks like that there is something happening somewhere underway in the wide web..
That is exactly what I was saying :puf_wink:
Mich01 wrote:
23 Feb 2024
So I also send a message to RS-support. I hope they will check their side of the connection
Their side of the connection is fine. Otherwise, I (and others) couldn't connect either.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Mich01

23 Feb 2024

Well maybe you're right, but the problem isn't solved yet, and I'm running out off possibilities and knowledge. Assuming you live in the Netherlands, on which network or what provider do you use? I'm on KPN.

hamsterfactor

23 Feb 2024

Works for me in Bavaria, Germany. It was down a few nights ago, after midnight CET.
:reason: Suite 11  |  :reason: 12 perpetual license  |  :re::refill: |  macOS Ventura  |  Mac Studio M1 Max

crimsonwarlock

23 Feb 2024

Mich01 wrote:
23 Feb 2024
I'm on KPN.
Zeelandnet (Delta), and Vodafone for mobile, both no issues.
-------

Eprom

24 Feb 2024

Don't know if it is related, but according to a post on "Reason Studio Users" on Facebook, Reason Studios now have turned off all comments on Twitter.
:reason: Reason user since Ver. 1.01(2001) :reason:
- I read everything, but rarely post on forums -

joeyluck

24 Feb 2024

Eprom wrote:
24 Feb 2024
Don't know if it is related, but according to a post on "Reason Studio Users" on Facebook, Reason Studios now have turned off all comments on Twitter.
No issues here. Can they comment on anybody's posts? Another possibility is they have been blocked.

Eprom

24 Feb 2024

joeyluck wrote:
24 Feb 2024
Eprom wrote:
24 Feb 2024
No issues here. Can they comment on anybody's posts? Another possibility is they have been blocked.
The Comment icon on X (Twitter) is greyed out for all post so far I can see.

-edit- When I click on the reply icon I get the message "Accounts Reasonstudios follows or mentioned can reply". So you are probably a "followed account"

joeyluck

24 Feb 2024

Eprom wrote:
24 Feb 2024
joeyluck wrote:
24 Feb 2024

The Comment icon on X (Twitter) is greyed out for all post so far I can see.

-edit- When I click on the reply icon I get the message "Accounts Reasonstudios follows or mentioned can reply". So you are probably a "followed account"
Oh I see that. Maybe it's for some posts? Probably a good way to deal with spam. Or could be some bugginess—twitter is a mess anyways. Out of all of the options, does anybody really want to use twitter or x or whatever?

Mich01

24 Feb 2024

Good news ; I can connect with the RS-site again. The "Upperbeings" of the Internetuniverse have done their magic ;)
Well, back to (music)business!
Have a nice day everyone.

Regards Michel

Eprom

24 Feb 2024

Maybe Reason Studios have a new IT employee who is testing what all the buttons do? 😄

• Information