Help with time signatures please

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
KfriedLife

19 Feb 2024

Hi, I am trying to create a drum track using a 6/8 signature, I can set the transport bar but the sequencers, not so obvious, it's probably something simple but I cant see anything in the documentation either :)

mcatalao
Competition Winner

21 Feb 2024

That's odd.
When you change the project time signature in the transport the sequencer should change too, but i the arranger (the main sequencer), it is not that visible. Try to change the grid to 1/8th and check if you have 6 quavers in each bar.

Anyhow when you change the division from 4 to 8, you stil have the bar count simmilar, but now each bar will have 6 quavers. That is not that perceivable on the squencer, but in a midi sequencer you should see it in the grid. In an instrument or midi track you should change the track's grid to 1/8th or 1/16th , it makes the new signature more "visible" inside the midi track, and each bar should have 6.

Anyway, apart from the transport and the transport automation tracks i don't remember other places where you can change this inside reason.

huggermugger

21 Feb 2024

KfriedLife wrote:
19 Feb 2024
Hi, I am trying to create a drum track using a 6/8 signature, I can set the transport bar but the sequencers, not so obvious, it's probably something simple but I cant see anything in the documentation either :)
Which sequencers?

• Information