Any way for Reason to record Stereo Mix/What You Hear and/or use Integrated Mic as input source?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
challism

21 Feb 2024

selig wrote:
21 Feb 2024
crimsonwarlock wrote:
21 Feb 2024

If you need something simpler, maybe the smallest version of Voicemeeter (on the same website) is an option :puf_wink:
Is this a Windows limitation, because you can do all this without additional software on a Mac via the interface drivers and Aggregate Device in Audio/MIDI Setup?
Yes, it's an annoying limitation of Windows.

Yay! I am able to record Stereo Mix directly in Reason after installing VB-Audio Matrix (and without any configuration). I'll keep it installed and try to figure out how to record from the integrated mic. It seemed overwhelming at first, but so did Reason the first time I fired it up. I'm sure there's a solution using VB-Audio Matrix.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

crimsonwarlock

21 Feb 2024

challism wrote:
21 Feb 2024
Yay! I am able to record Stereo Mix directly in Reason after installing VB-Audio Matrix (and without any configuration). I'll keep it installed and try to figure out how to record from the integrated mic. It seemed overwhelming at first, but so did Reason the first time I fired it up. I'm sure there's a solution using VB-Audio Matrix.
Nice :thumbup: Happy to be of help.

I'm actually looking at it myself, to see if I can make an aggregate of my two separate audio interfaces to be able to use them together in Reason :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

challism

22 Feb 2024

This is really strange. Yesterday Stereo Mix was showing up in Reason. And today it is NOT. I can't figure it out. Ugh! How annoying. I absolutely hate how computers will make changes on their own.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information