problem identifying control surface

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kajito

16 Feb 2024

After selecting control surface model Komplete Kontrol M32 in preferences the ok box at the bottom is still greyed out. Any suggestion on how to proceed would be appreciated.
Attachments
greyed out.png
greyed out.png (122.01 KiB) Viewed 206 times

joeyluck

16 Feb 2024

I see it says: "Control surface error! Press 'info' for a report". What does that say when you click the Info button?

In the other window, I'm guessing you can't press "OK" unless you make changes? Do you have other options in those dropdowns?

For me, if something is recognized and enabled in Easy MIDI Inputs, I don't need to do anything else. I don't have this keyboard though...

kajito

17 Feb 2024

joeyluck wrote:
16 Feb 2024
I see it says: "Control surface error! Press 'info' for a report". What does that say when you click the Info button?
The Keyboard can input midi however some buttons on the keyboard are disabled. e.g The browser button
on the upper right corner, scale, arp, undo, quantize, ideas, metro, tempo, and presets. If I hit Shift, the plugin midi and
track button lights up but the browser button is disabled. Any suggestion on how to proceed would be appreciated.
Attachments
greyed out 3.png
greyed out 3.png (192.36 KiB) Viewed 137 times
control surface error report.png
control surface error report.png (79.49 KiB) Viewed 137 times

crimsonwarlock

17 Feb 2024

That error report is meant to be submitted to Reason Studios. They are the only ones that can make use of it.

Did you log a support ticket with them?
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

kajito

17 Feb 2024

How do I submit the log file to them? Thanks!

kajito

17 Feb 2024

After tinkering with surface control for days I finally got auto-detect surfaces to identify the M32. Most of the knobs and other buttons are working. Thanks for your help.

• Information