Default browser button folder option?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
deigm

13 Feb 2024

Ok I've been living with this for far too long now and I'm sure its user error so hopefully somebody here can help me.

If I use the ReGroove mixer for example, and click the browse button, the browser opens but it doesn't open at the groove mixers folder. It will open at desktop. I'll then need to navigate to Factory Sounds > ReGroove Mixer to find the patches. A minor annoyance, but a consistent one.

It's not just the groove mixer though, lots of RE's do this, but lots don't too. Many will open to their patch folder as they should, but others will open some random folder. I don't think it's just remembering the folder it was last opened on, because A) not all RE's seem to do this, and B) I have navigated back to the regroove mixer folder more times than I can count now and it keeps opening at desktop.

Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing?

Cheers!

deeplink
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2024

Turn on "Load default sound in new devices" in the preferences
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

deigm

13 Feb 2024

Oh snap that's the reason? Ticking that means I'm back to doing right click > reset device every time I load an RE. I guess I'll have to pick my poison. Thank you!

deigm

13 Feb 2024

Ok that didn't work. RE's are loading their default patches now, but if I then hit the browser button it still opens a random folder. ReGroove mixer just opened up my users>documets folder, not the patches folder.

antic604

13 Feb 2024

deigm wrote:
13 Feb 2024
Ok that didn't work. RE's are loading their default patches now, but if I then hit the browser button it still opens a random folder. ReGroove mixer just opened up my users>documets folder, not the patches folder.
Yeah, it's not this. Simply navigate to the right folder and Reason will "remember it" from that moment. I don't know why, but it happens sometime - I wasn't able to find a pattern or replicable cause.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

deigm

13 Feb 2024

antic604 wrote:
13 Feb 2024
deigm wrote:
13 Feb 2024
Yeah, it's not this. Simply navigate to the right folder and Reason will "remember it" from that moment. I don't know why, but it happens sometime - I wasn't able to find a pattern or replicable cause.
Thats the thing though. Specific devices just don't seem to be remembering. I have to navigate to the right folder every damn time. I've been doing it for yonks and finally decided to ask for help.

jam-s

13 Feb 2024

The last selected browser path could be a property that is saved in the songfile or startup template.

selig
RE Developer

13 Feb 2024

I too have given up on figuring this out, and now have a quick key for Reset Device and shortcuts in the Browser for all the places I need to go quickly on the regular. I guess what is needed is a separate browser memory for each device, but there may be issues with that approach…
Selig Audio, LLC

challism

13 Feb 2024

deigm wrote:
13 Feb 2024
antic604 wrote:
13 Feb 2024

Thats the thing though. Specific devices just don't seem to be remembering. I have to navigate to the right folder every damn time. I've been doing it for yonks and finally decided to ask for help.
Create a folder and put shortcuts to all of your favorite folders inside of it. Then save the folder to Reason's browser (under the "showcase" button). This will take some time/effort to build a complete shortcut folder with all your favorites in it, but it will cut down navigation time in the long run.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

deigm

20 Feb 2024

challism wrote:
13 Feb 2024
deigm wrote:
13 Feb 2024

Create a folder and put shortcuts to all of your favorite folders inside of it. Then save the folder to Reason's browser (under the "showcase" button). This will take some time/effort to build a complete shortcut folder with all your favorites in it, but it will cut down navigation time in the long run.
Yeah, I've already put some effort into keeping my browser favorites organized. Image

Looks like I'll need to add another folder for all the RE's that keep opening random folders.

deigm

20 Feb 2024

I think there needs to be an option to decouple "Load default sound in new devices" from "This also sets the default browsing location" in preferences.

• Information