Why are some of my REs missing from time to time?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
WOO

02 Feb 2024

Can anyone explain to me why about every two months like clock work whenever I start reason some of my 3rd party re's and most of my reason devices are missing? I use reason almost daily and I have the latest ver. 12.7.1 . I have no trials installed nor have I updated any of the re"s because that creates another world of problems when I get frustrated with 12 crashing on me and go back to the safety of reason 11 suite. Btw I filed a ticket with support last year regarding 12 crashing. After weeks of dealing with them and being handed off to someone else and having to start from square 1 again with the new guy, no resolution. I've resigned myself to the fact that 12 is broken for me. I have 12 authorized for offline use until February 25. A restart of reason usually fixes this but just curious as to an explanation.

Loque

02 Feb 2024

Hardware is defect, probably HD or RAM. It could also be the graphics card, but in that case I would expect more blue screens, also when gaming.

Also the sound card can have a defect. My sound card for example has a loose plug, which will sometimes make the audio driver crash or the system unstable.

It might also be worth deleting all cache files. Maybe one is corrupt.
Reason12, Win10

WOO

13 Feb 2024

Thanks Loque. It is an old pc. I replaced the video card it didn't help and the ram was replaced a few years ago. The audio interface is a roland 16 channel in\out with a separate digital audio mixer with built in effects. It's so old I don't even remember when I bought it. I'll try deleting the cache files first.

WOO

16 Feb 2024

What cache files do I need to delete? I'm on windows 10.

joeyluck

16 Feb 2024

WOO wrote:
16 Feb 2024
What cache files do I need to delete? I'm on windows 10.
There is one in the Rack Extensions folder. If you delete that one, you will prompted to update your RE license next time you start Reason.

WOO

18 Feb 2024

Loque wrote:
02 Feb 2024
Hardware is defect, probably HD or RAM. It could also be the graphics card, but in that case I would expect more blue screens, also when gaming.

Also the sound card can have a defect. My sound card for example has a loose plug, which will sometimes make the audio driver crash or the system unstable.

It might also be worth deleting all cache files. Maybe one is corrupt.
What other cache files can I safely delete other than the Re cache file Joey mentioned below. Fyi using windows 10.

• Information