Redrum Sequencer Bug

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
moofi

31 Jan 2024

This happened occasionally before, yet in recent times (possibly since the update) it´s happening on a regular basis.
Le´t´s say I got a 4-on-the floor bassdrum and after a while, working on other stuff, when coming back to the Redrum sequencer to fill in some additional in between notes, the newly added notes do not sound as the editing in the sequencer doesn´t have an effect on the outcome at all anymore yet the actual sequence playing stays at what it was originally set to.

When substituting the Redrum with a new one it´s working again btw.

PhillipOrdonez

31 Jan 2024

😱

Haven't noticed, will check it out. I've been using redrum lots but only on rrp. I really enjoy the ability to drag and drop midi from it

moofi

31 Jan 2024

I could as well upload an according file if you like. Btw where can those sort of bugs be reported other than here?
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
31 Jan 2024
😱

Haven't noticed, will check it out. I've been using redrum lots but only on rrp. I really enjoy the ability to drag and drop midi from it

PhillipOrdonez

31 Jan 2024

Sure! Does the bug persist after closing/opening project again?

On reason studios' website, I think there's a place to report bugs? Idk, perhaps you need to install a logging version.

moofi

31 Jan 2024

I see, thank you, gonna upload the file in a few and no, I haven´t tested reopening the file yet.
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
31 Jan 2024

On reason studios' website, I think there's a place to report bugs? Idk, perhaps you need to install a logging version.

moofi

31 Jan 2024

Though I remember it being persistent because I already opened an according file.
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
31 Jan 2024

moofi

31 Jan 2024

Here is the according Reason file :-)
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
31 Jan 2024

Attachments
Redrum sequencer bug.zip
(5.48 KiB) Downloaded 119 times

PhillipOrdonez

31 Jan 2024

I'll take a look tomorrow when i get back to the studio 👍

PhillipOrdonez

01 Feb 2024

No issues here whatsoever, I am able to edit the pattern and the device plays out the right notes.

I did notice you are programming notes on channel 1 and 8. The sample is on channel 8, so obviously you have to select channel 8 to edit the notes, right? just making sure the obvious is not being overlooked here? You pick the channel you want to edit and then you can edit that channel. Each channel on Redrum has it's own sequencer. But, what am I saying, you have been here for long, you certainly know how to use Redrum, right? Anyways, there is no bug on this project :shrugging:

PhillipOrdonez

02 Feb 2024

moofi wrote:
31 Jan 2024
This happened occasionally before, yet in recent times (possibly since the update) it´s happening on a regular basis.
Le´t´s say I got a 4-on-the floor bassdrum and after a while, working on other stuff, when coming back to the Redrum sequencer to fill in some additional in between notes, the newly added notes do not sound as the editing in the sequencer doesn´t have an effect on the outcome at all anymore yet the actual sequence playing stays at what it was originally set to.

Update?

moofi

04 Feb 2024

yes, sorry, was busy :-D

Like said if I open it here I cannot edit the squence unless I swap it for a new instance.
And this is just one of several times this has happened recently where the samples were on what channel soever.
It´s quite strange you being able to flawlessly edit it :-) What OS are you on?
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
02 Feb 2024
moofi wrote:
31 Jan 2024

Update?

PhillipOrdonez

04 Feb 2024

Windows 10.

Are you sure you're editing the right redrum channel?

moofi

04 Feb 2024

;-) Windows 10 here as well
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
04 Feb 2024
Windows 10.

moofi

04 Feb 2024

Seems like I prematurely wrote a " ;-) " because at least with the file I sent, that´s indeed what happened :-D
Then I don´t know whether this is the according file, because I quickly picked it out from the songfile series where I saved the at least seemingly buggy version, without having explicitly labeled it, not checking any deeper on that file again in the process and it seems a bit weird anyway because that is what I naturally check in those cases because it´s the most common reason for it.
And I also did so when working on the song back then. Even if it still might be the case this time, I had the issue appearing quite a few times recently. I checked with those as well at the time whether I was on the correct channel. Possibly I´m a complete dumbster and even though I was checking the channel I still might haven gotten it wrong somehow each time. :-D
Then let me check whether it is indeed the case at least this time by checking on all saved songfile versions (was the first time I actually saved the file for reference).
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
04 Feb 2024
Windows 10.

moofi

04 Feb 2024

Yeah, so at least in this case it is indeed what happened :-D
In the original songfile I had another bassdrum on the first channel that was muted and obviously not having clicked on the according channel first I mistook it for the according correct one because the pattern was identical. Still I thought I did check, as well the reason I opened this thread.

Then like said I would find it quite weird if something went wrong like this time every time it recently happened because I can remember having actively (by clicking) checked on channels, then I thought I did in this situation as well, so who knows. :-D Still I´m pretty sure anyway I did check correctly with at least some of the other ones. Like said, this was the only occasion I actually saved the file, so I cannot check on the others anymore. Yet, if it´s occuring once again and would still be present after me triple checking, I´m gonna update :-)
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
04 Feb 2024
Windows 10.

moofi

04 Feb 2024

moofi wrote:
31 Jan 2024

moofi

04 Feb 2024

And also thank you for checking :-)

PhillipOrdonez

04 Feb 2024

No problem!

• Information