Create an envelope like Europa in Thor Synth

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jam-s

05 Feb 2024

I don't think the advertise it as "modular", but instead as "a virtual hardware studio"... so your premise could be off here.

moofi

12 Feb 2024

Well, regarding modular, except for LFO (Pulsar)/filters and shizzle like the MPS there isn´t really anything modular natively. Like, no pure oscillators/VCA/quantisers/etc.
Would be quite interested in an expansion here as well from Reason natively.

Then, like said, there are at least several, some also free RE you can incorporate for that matter. One of my favourites in that regard in terms of oscillators is Little LFO from Little IO, being quite an FM-AM-PM-Beast (and/or modulation source). You can as well use its output of the modulation/audiosignal in combination with its internal ADSR, so you can use it basically like a ADSR-VCA-LFO

Here´s a demo I already posted quite a while ago, yet just released it online several days ago:

https://hearthis.at/moofi/lf-22/

Btw, CV-modulation-related I would furthermore plee for audiorate-adaption because the current CV-signals are merely of lower quality and that for merely usable to a certain extend because of occuring artefacts at audiorate, if we are already talking modular. CV-In/Outs could simply stay like they are except for an audiorate pipeline. This would enable a truely modular approach in that sense, basically being the back bone of modular if you will, when it comes to audiorate modulation.

antic604 wrote:
05 Feb 2024
moofi wrote:
04 Feb 2024
Jiggery Pokery´s Charlotte should do what you like :-) Then it is missing the easy display, yet aren´t there additional RE being capable of doings so as well? CV-Mutant coming to mind as well, inhabiting a display.
Yeah, there's couple of 3rd party REs that do LFO, MSEG, Env. Follower.

What I mean is those should be native, coming "free" with the DAW. If you sell a DAW advertising it as "modular", then the basic tools should come included, like - outdated, by today's standards - Pulsar.

crimsonwarlock

12 Feb 2024

moofi wrote:
12 Feb 2024
Like, no pure oscillators/VCA/quantisers/etc.
There are several oscillators, VCA modules, some of them even free like stuff from Murf and Lectric Panda. And I seem to remember there is an RE somewhere in the shop that can quantize CV into exact notes. EDIT: found it https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... /cv-tuner/

Another thing that is often overlooked is that Viking-2 is actually fully modular, in a way that you can patch several instances together into a monster modular machine.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

moofi

12 Feb 2024

I was talking natively :-)
crimsonwarlock wrote:
12 Feb 2024
moofi wrote:
12 Feb 2024
Like, no pure oscillators/VCA/quantisers/etc.
There are several oscillators, VCA modules, some of them even free like stuff from Murf and Lectric Panda. And I seem to remember there is an RE somewhere in the shop that can quantize CV into exact notes. EDIT: found it https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... /cv-tuner/

Another thing that is often overlooked is that Viking-2 is actually fully modular, in a way that you can patch several instances together into a monster modular machine.

• Information