Bounce mixer channels problem

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
BearHands

15 Jan 2024

Hello,

I have new desktop, Windows, good specs, plenty of space, saving fom c drive into c drive. First time I have tried to bounce on this machine.
I am "bouncing mixer channels" then pressing "check all" then pressing save and I am getting a prompt box that says "access denied, the operation could not be completed because the device denied access"

Any ideas what the hell is going on?
Any and all help welcome
Thanks guys

alexbriggs

16 Jan 2024

I think you can try running Reason as an administrator. Right-click on the Reason application icon or shortcut, and select "Run as administrator" from the context menu. This grants Reason elevated privileges and may help overcome any access restrictions related to saving files

antic604

16 Jan 2024

BearHands wrote:
15 Jan 2024
Hello,

I have new desktop, Windows, good specs, plenty of space, saving fom c drive into c drive. First time I have tried to bounce on this machine.
I am "bouncing mixer channels" then pressing "check all" then pressing save and I am getting a prompt box that says "access denied, the operation could not be completed because the device denied access"

Any ideas what the hell is going on?
Any and all help welcome
Thanks guys
It sounds like Reason's trying to write files to some disk location that it doesn't have access to? Does it ask for a location? Have you tried changing it?
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

BearHands

16 Jan 2024

alexbriggs wrote:
16 Jan 2024
I think you can try running Reason as an administrator. Right-click on the Reason application icon or shortcut, and select "Run as administrator" from the context menu. This grants Reason elevated privileges and may help overcome any access restrictions related to saving files
Awesome, this actually worked.
I was sceptical but it worked.
Thankyou soooo much man

• Information