Automation problem, auto populating on every track/project.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
badboybv

14 Jan 2024

Sup ya'll,

I'm running into a problem where on the sixth bar of every single track and evenn every project that I open, it's automated to go up 14% for the pitch wheel. This makes the program unusable for me right now. I can't edit it or delete it, much less see the actual automation points.. What's the solution?

https://ibb.co/dc8jXQf

Thanks!

PhillipOrdonez

14 Jan 2024

Try unplugging your MIDI controller first and see if the problem persists

rmtcvolte

14 Jan 2024

To show the pitch bend automation lane, select the track in question and go to the top where the "manual rec" button is located. On the right you´ll find the "track automation lane" menue, unfold it->Performance->Pitch Bend. Are you hearing a pitch bend happen? As the thing you have encircled in the image is the handler to resize the height of the lane.

selig
RE Developer

14 Jan 2024

It looks like you’re showing Velocity in the photo, which means there are notes. You only say “IT” is automated with pitch bend - WHAT is automated? Is it a specific synth every track? Does this happen on new/empty song files? What happens if you delete the data shown on your screen? Do you see the pitch bend control on that synth moving when this happens?

Bottom line, if a control is “moving”, it is either because it is automated or because MIDI data is coming from a hardware controller. Both are easy to address, but you have to figure out what is causing the issue first.
Selig Audio, LLC

badboybv

14 Jan 2024

Unplugging my midi controller (hydrasynth) is the first thing I tried. I'm thinking the pitch bend was recorded from it's possibly faulty pitch bend wheel but now it's appearing on every single track across every single project.

Nothing is checked in either automation menu.

@selig There are no notes present. by "it" I mean every track that goes past the 6th bar automatically goes up in pitch.

Here's a video from a blank project showing exactly what I mean:

https://streamable.com/z0bg9p

much appreciated.

PhillipOrdonez

14 Jan 2024

Show an example, record the video and audio of this happening on a new track and share the project

• Information