I can't access my Reason software. I think my account may have been hacked

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
isocube

11 Jan 2024

Hi, I'm really in need of some help. Since two days ago, my login details no longer grant me access to my account. This also means that I cannot send a message about this to Reason support as you have to be logged in to do this.

I am not sure if my account has been hacked or stolen, or whether this is a problem with the reason login system.

I have boxed versions of Reason 10 essentials & Reason 10 Upgrade , and receipts from JRR shop for my upgrade to Reason 12 with the serial number.

Any help resolving this via the forum would be very much appreciated,

hopefully this will be easy to resolve............

Stamatz

11 Jan 2024

How about emailing them?

help@propellerheads.zendesk.com
Nektar P4, Alesis VX49, Roland DJ-202, Korg DS-8, Casio RZ-1, Epiphone Guitar, MOTU M4, Samson BT Monitors. Twin Displays. AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon 6800XT,

jam-s

11 Jan 2024

Have you tried using a different browser to log in?

isocube

11 Jan 2024

Hi,
Many thanks for the replies.
I just tried logging in with a different browser, but no luck.
I will try emailing them, (thanks for the address)......although without a support ticket that could be problematic. I was hoping that someone here on the forum who is in the know, could fast-track this for me.......maybe one of the moderators or someone close to the company could put this on the right persons' desk?

Rising Night Wave

11 Jan 2024

wait. i do not get it something.
your account is associated with your e-mail.
so... choose... send password reset request to your e-mail.
that would be all you need to do exactly.

Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

isocube

11 Jan 2024

Rising Night Wave wrote:
11 Jan 2024

Hi, many thanks for the reply,

That's the problem, I tried that several times, but never received the email from Reason studios that allows me to reset my password......that is why I think the account may have been hacked in some way........it seems that my email address is no longer associated with my account.....

avasopht
Competition Winner

11 Jan 2024

isocube wrote:
11 Jan 2024
Rising Night Wave wrote:
11 Jan 2024

Hi, many thanks for the reply,

That's the problem, I tried that several times, but never received the email from Reason studios that allows me to reset my password......that is why I think the account may have been hacked in some way........it seems that my email address is no longer associated with my account.....
There was a time when that did not work because they'd changed the system but not updated that function.

Check your spam folder just in case.

Pass your email address to one of the admins for them to forward to Reason Studios for them to have a look at it.

Alternatively, you could contact them via social media

isocube

11 Jan 2024

Thanks so much for the reply & advice. Nothing in the spam folder unfortunately.

How do I go about getting an admin to see my post?

Cheers........

I'm not on any social media these days, so I can't really go down that route..........

Loque

11 Jan 2024

You tried to login with your username? Email doesn't work IIRC.

Did you changed your account settings? Sadly developers still allow ppl to log them self out by changing email or other login data.

Best you can do is to try contact support through other ways like email, social media, ... And be ready to provide evidence.
Reason12, Win10

isocube

17 Jan 2024

Many thanks to everyone who offered their help & support with this matter.
I am happy to say that I now have full access to my Reason Software again.
My account had been hacked, my email address changed, & the licences stolen.
Luckily, Arthur from support, quickly identified the problem & resolved it with utmost professionalism & speed.

Thank You!

avasopht
Competition Winner

17 Jan 2024

Bravo

Loque

17 Jan 2024

Interesting...I am curious if it was professional hacking, that means there are ppl out there and having an eye specifically on RS accounts?

And did you got an email about the changes?

And if RS (or any other company) is prepared for such situations and can follow changes like email address in their logs or account history?

Is it valuable to hack an RS account? I mean mostly you get 1 Reason license to sell or a account to sell, which is way more risky since it is not allowed and ppl won't buy it, hopefully...
Reason12, Win10

isocube

17 Jan 2024

Hi Loque,

As far as I understand it, my email & password had been pwned in a couple of large data breaches some time ago, along with millions of others.

I was aware of this, & had changed my email passwords, but had neglected to change my Reason login which was the same.

I guess the hackers must have some sort of Bot software which searches for possible matches, & when they find one they change the email address

& password, & take ownership of the software.

I wasn't notified of any changes, the first I knew about it was when I was locked out.

I'm not sure how this is possible, the support team didn't go into the details of how it was done, but there are some very devious people out there.

I guess if you steal thousands of people's software, there is money to be made by selling on the accounts.........

Anyway, I suppose this should serve as a wake-up call for everyone to go and check if their email addresses have been pwned, & if they have,

make sure all their passwords are changed..........

avasopht
Competition Winner

18 Jan 2024

Loque wrote:
17 Jan 2024
Interesting...I am curious if it was professional hacking, that means there are ppl out there and having an eye specifically on RS accounts?

And did you got an email about the changes?

And if RS (or any other company) is prepared for such situations and can follow changes like email address in their logs or account history?

Is it valuable to hack an RS account? I mean mostly you get 1 Reason license to sell or a account to sell, which is way more risky since it is not allowed and ppl won't buy it, hopefully...
There's a lot of automation involved.

As an example, several years ago England's National Health Service was hacked with a ransomware attack.

They could not access a vast majority of their files.

Was it the work of a hostile government? No.

A criminal gang seeking a big payout? No.

A master hacker eagerly taking advantage of security flaws? No.

Turned out to be the result of an amateurs script kiddie whose automated script just happened to have sent one of their compromising emails to an NHS email address that happened to be running an old version of windows (most were on something like Windows XP IIRC).

• Information