Change velocity of just one drum in the piano roll

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Dec 2023

I recorded some drums...bass, snare, hihat etc. The velocity of the snare is higher than I want it (the hits are velocity sensitive). Is there any way to select only the snare and lower the velocity of all the hits at once? Thanks
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

31 Dec 2023

Double click the note in the Piano Roll, then use the Tool window.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Dec 2023

Loque wrote:
31 Dec 2023
Great!!! Thanks Loque. I always forget about the Tool Window.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

31 Dec 2023

Every time someone mentions that tool window I scowl. All that functionality could be on a toolbar in the sequencer and in right-click context menus rather than as a non-resizable dialog that doesn't have a scroll bar and that looks like it shipped with Windows 3.1.

jam-s

31 Dec 2023

It could also be an idea to explode the different drum sounds into individual lanes (via right-click menu iirc). That way you can also mute individual parts more easily.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Dec 2023

jam-s wrote:
31 Dec 2023
It could also be an idea to explode the different drum sounds into individual lanes (via right-click menu iirc). That way you can also mute individual parts more easily.
Yeah...that's another idea. Forgotten about that too. Thanks
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

selig
RE Developer

31 Dec 2023

MrFigg wrote:
31 Dec 2023
Loque wrote:
31 Dec 2023
You can also use the inspector for this, you don’t need the tool window.
Selig Audio, LLC

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Dec 2023

selig wrote:
31 Dec 2023
MrFigg wrote:
31 Dec 2023

What’s the inspector?!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

31 Dec 2023

MrFigg wrote:
31 Dec 2023
selig wrote:
31 Dec 2023

What’s the inspector?!

huggermugger

31 Dec 2023

Double click the key in the piano roll. Then hold Shift-Option-Command (or Shift-Option-Control) and drag horizontally across the velocities. Only the selected notes will be affected.

selig
RE Developer

01 Jan 2024

MrFigg wrote:
31 Dec 2023
selig wrote:
31 Dec 2023

What’s the inspector?!
Read about the inspector on page 133 Reason User Guide:
The Inspector, located above the Edit/Arrangement Pane, can be used for a number of different editing purposes pertaining to clips, events and recordings. The Inspector is context sensitive, meaning it will have different content and functionality depending on what is currently selected. How to edit using the Inspector is described in detail in the sections “Resizing clips using the Inspector”, “Moving clips using the Inspector”, “Editing recordings and cuts in the In- spector” and “Editing notes and events in the Inspector”.
Selig Audio, LLC

Loque

01 Jan 2024

selig wrote:
01 Jan 2024
MrFigg wrote:
31 Dec 2023

What’s the inspector?!
The Inspector, located above the Edit/Arrangement Pane, can be used for a number of different editing purposes pertaining to clips, events and recordings. The Inspector is context sensitive, meaning it will have different content and functionality depending on what is currently selected. How to edit using the Inspector is described in detail in the sections “Resizing clips using the Inspector”, “Moving clips using the Inspector”, “Editing recordings and cuts in the In- spector” and “Editing notes and events in the Inspector”.
Got it. Never knew it was called "Inspector"...And overlooked the possiblity to change the Velocity...Thanks for bringing this into my mind.
Reason12, Win10

selig
RE Developer

01 Jan 2024

Loque wrote:
01 Jan 2024
selig wrote:
01 Jan 2024

Got it. Never knew it was called "Inspector"...And overlooked the possiblity to change the Velocity...Thanks for bringing this into my mind.
One of the coolest features of the inspector is the built in math function. For example if you have a selection that includes different velocities and you type “-10” into the inspector window, Reason will subtract 10 from every value selected. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

Loque

01 Jan 2024

selig wrote:
01 Jan 2024
Loque wrote:
01 Jan 2024

One of the coolest features of the inspector is the built in math function. For example if you have a selection that includes different velocities and you type “-10” into the inspector window, Reason will subtract 10 from every value selected. :)
Sigh...thanks... :thumbup:
Reason12, Win10

• Information