Sending Tempo Change Info from Reason to Resolume for VJ

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dp8888dp

30 Dec 2023

Hello.

I am using Reason to playback audio and there are multiple tempo changes in the reason file via the transport/tempo automation lane. This, of course works without issue.
I am synching the audio playback in Reason to Resolume, using Ableton Link, for live video performance. This also works without issue.

The Problem: When you enable Ableton Link in Reason, it mutes the tempo automation lane and tempo changes are not sent to Resolume. Resolume only receives the tempo in Reason from the start of the track, and does not receive any tempo change information that occurs later in the track.
The Reason manual states: 'The tempo automation lane is muted when using Ableton Link in Reason.'

The questions: How can I get Resolume to receive the tempo changes from Reason?
Is there some sort of virtual midi cable that i can use to send midi tempo info from Reason to Resolume?
Should I avoid using Ableton link for this scenario since it mutes all tempo automation in Reason?
Why did Reason Studios disable the tempo automation lane when using Ableton link?

Workaround: I can manually change the tempo in Reason with Ableton Link enabled, and Resolume successfully receives the tempo change information. But this approach requires me to manually change the tempo in Reason during a performance, which is risky.

Thanks for any thoughts or insights you may have.

Mac M3
Mac OS Sonoma 14.1.2
Reason 12.7.1
Resolume 7.18.2

• Information