Reason 12 and Windows 11

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
chimp_spanner

28 Dec 2023

Hey all, I updated to W11 a while back mostly so it would leave me tf alone about it but ever since then Reason is giving me very small pops and clicks at the same audio settings as before. Any ideas on where to look in 11 for maximising performance with R12 beyond just upping the buffer size?

Jackjackdaw

28 Dec 2023

I’ve been getting weird pops and clicks i didn’t before with R12 in Windows 10 as well. I used to always use steinberg generic asio driver when using my laptop without an interface but it suddenly became unusable.

Loque

28 Dec 2023

Check your Windows Power Saving Settings.

Also check Preferences/Audio of Reason, that you set it to Max Audi Threads to nearly all including HT and enable Render Audio using card...
Reason12, Win10

Maxsu

07 Jan 2024

Found this Thread about W11 and Reason 12 and thought before I open a new one I will post in here.

Anybody could give me a feedback on Windows 11 with Reason 12 in comparison to Windows 10? Thinking about to upgrade because I will Reinstall my hole Workstation Setup: Dual Boot with Windows & QubesOS so both OSs will get a own physical Disk - Windows for Music and IT-Testing with HyperV and QubeOS for my personal Data.

covertgloriousi

15 Jan 2024

After finding Windows' power saving options, go to Reason's Preferences/Audio. In there, you should see the option to allow Audio Rendering by Card and set it to Max Audi Theme for nearly all applications, including HT.

• Information