My journey with Reason+

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Jagwah

16 Jan 2024

mcatalao wrote:
09 Jan 2024
I dont mind a subscription based system.

However I agree the pricetag for r+ is too high comparing to others.

And i don't like the idea of having to upgrade a reason peepetual to keep opening your fkles if you opt out the subscription. For me a 2 year sub should give you acces to a perpetual licence or else you need to pay the perpetual upgrade when getting out.
I can't believe you just said that out loud I hope you are ducking for cover, it certainly was quite a price hike.

Jagwah

16 Jan 2024

F*** it double post cant delete

Jagwah

16 Jan 2024

C***

mcatalao
Competition Winner

18 Jan 2024

Jagwah wrote:
16 Jan 2024
mcatalao wrote:
09 Jan 2024
I dont mind a subscription based system.

However I agree the pricetag for r+ is too high comparing to others.

And i don't like the idea of having to upgrade a reason peepetual to keep opening your fkles if you opt out the subscription. For me a 2 year sub should give you acces to a perpetual licence or else you need to pay the perpetual upgrade when getting out.
I can't believe you just said that out loud I hope you are ducking for cover, it certainly was quite a price hike.
Why ducking, i just stated the obvious?

But the case is even worse if one didn't have any previous license.

I thought about this, and the ordeal and project management nightmare if you use a lot of the R+ stuff in your projetcts.
At a single moment, at best, you will have to upgrade to the most current version and replace devices on every project you open. Do not forget saved projects at a higher version cannot be opened in previous versions. In your worst case scenario, you end up without Reason and no access to your projects and having to ditch 400 eur for reason if it's not on sale.

And yes this happens for the perpetual but you didn't ditch 400 eur on 2 years of subscription, and that's why since R+ came out, I didn't agree with the daw being included in it, i don't like any daw as a subscription . And don't get me started on the web site dependencies to use reason. I use software from companies that broke 25 years ago in Windows, plugins that were discontinued 15 or 20 years ago. A dongle is a bad thing but is the company is volatile, it's a safetynet. Not that i think RS will go anywhere.

• Information