Bouncing audio to midi

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2023

Remember doing this ages ago but can't seem to get it right just now. I have some memory thatif I tried to bounce the audio to midi straight off it justed ended up as one or two notes. I had to first open the audio in pitch edit and then it's work pretty well. I just tried to bounce a sample with a piano melody but no matter how hard I try it just won't work well. When I open it in pitch edit even there it's just showing one or two notes. Any help? Thanks
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

gullum

23 Dec 2023

MrFigg wrote:
23 Dec 2023
Remember doing this ages ago but can't seem to get it right just now. I have some memory thatif I tried to bounce the audio to midi straight off it justed ended up as one or two notes. I had to first open the audio in pitch edit and then it's work pretty well. I just tried to bounce a sample with a piano melody but no matter how hard I try it just won't work well. When I open it in pitch edit even there it's just showing one or two notes. Any help? Thanks
if I'm not mistaken you need to change the clip stretch and transpose type to melody in menu right under bonce option

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2023

gullum wrote:
23 Dec 2023
MrFigg wrote:
23 Dec 2023
if I'm not mistaken you need to change the clip stretch and transpose type to melody in menu right under bonce option
Thanks. That sounded as if it should be right. I tried it though but the MIDI I got was more rhythmic and not melodic if you know what I mean. Pretty much the same note the whole way. When I look in pitch edit it looks as if the pitch edit only changes note at the different slices (that I can see in slice edit). The 16 bar melody is split into around 5 slices which I don't understand.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2023

Now I tried bouncing the clip to a new sample which in turn sliced it up nicely. Unfortunately when I go into pitch edit instead of being a melody it's just like a long string of the same note.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

23 Dec 2023

You can also just drop the audio file onto a note lane. But in the case where you might be having issues with recognized pitches, might still be best to edit pitches first?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2023

joeyluck wrote:
23 Dec 2023
You can also just drop the audio file onto a note lane. But in the case where you might be having issues with recognized pitches, might still be best to edit pitches first?
I dropped the audio sample direct on to the note lane. Opening pitch edit just shows a few notes though. Could it be that the sample isn't mono maybe?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2023

Nah...that wasn't it either. I tried a different vocal sample from a different pack and it worked more or less. Must just be the samples of a lo-fi piano I was trying to use which Reason didn't like.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information