Reason 12.7.1 Release Notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Kilsane

18 Dec 2023

Features

Reason 12.7.1 installer is now fully Apple silicon native

Added option to open Reason Companion from the Reason menu (macOS) / Help menu (Windows)

Changed name from “Your Products” to "My Account" in the Reason menu (macOS) / Help menu (Windows)

Bug Fixes

Fixed a crash bug on Windows that occurred when trying to quit Reason while dragging a device

Fixed an issue where audio recording failed when recording in a document saved on a network drive

Fixed an issue where aftertouch on Arturia KeyLab mk2 didn’t work properly

Fixed a bug where the Additional I/O sockets used by VST3 plugins were named "Unspecified" when no cables were connected to them

Fixed a bug where the MClass Maximizer delay compensation value was wrong and reported even when the device was off

Fixed a bug in Reason Rack Plugin on macOS where text boxes turned completely dark when system was set to dark mode

Fixed an issue where a bounce including some VST3s wouldn't keep notes sustained

Various other bug fixes, optimizations, and improvements

djcat

18 Dec 2023

However I encountered an exception error and missing wav file with RV7000 after updated to this version, so I rolled it back. :puf_unhappy:

- David

joeyluck

18 Dec 2023

djcat wrote:
18 Dec 2023
However I encountered an exception error and missing wav file with RV7000 after updated to this version, so I rolled it back. :puf_unhappy:

- David
Do you have more info? Is this a preset or your own patch? Not sure how the update would affect that.

deeplink
Competition Winner

18 Dec 2023

joeyluck wrote:
18 Dec 2023
djcat wrote:
18 Dec 2023

- David
Do you have more info? Is this a preset or your own patch? Not sure how the update would affect that.
I worked with the RV7000 extensively last night, with convolution mode.. no issue. So it must be David's own patch.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

djcat

18 Dec 2023

joeyluck wrote:
18 Dec 2023
djcat wrote:
18 Dec 2023

- David
It's just the preset patch "1st plate" as I remembered.

moneykube

19 Dec 2023

"Fixed an issue where aftertouch on Arturia KeyLab mk2 didn’t work properly" :clap:
awesomeness
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

jaeproduced

19 Dec 2023

Still No updates on Nektar Impact Midi Keyboards huh...

deeko

19 Dec 2023

jaeproduced wrote:
19 Dec 2023
Still No updates on Nektar Impact Midi Keyboards huh...
Interesting. Is there an issue with those?
I have a LX Mini but admittedly haven't had it long so am not using full functionality.

Adabler
Competition Winner

19 Dec 2023

deeko wrote:
19 Dec 2023
I have a LX Mini but admittedly haven't had it long so am not using full functionality.
Same here, although I remember when I got it I downloaded the Reason specific firmware and that did not work at all. Had to revert to factory settings but it seems to work as it should now. I thought the problem was on Nektars end, though. That said, I only use the drumpads, keys and transport buttons, there could be problems I am not noticing.
:reason: 12, Win10

joeyluck

19 Dec 2023

djcat wrote:
18 Dec 2023
joeyluck wrote:
18 Dec 2023

I tried this patch and had no issues. Also, this patch uses the plate algorithm and not the convolution one, so an error about a missing wav file wouldn't relate to that.

I also tried presets that use convolution and didn't have any issues. I then scrolled through, loading every factory preset without any issues. But this update doesn't include any changes to the factory bank, so I'm not sure how you got the error.

Reminiscence

19 Dec 2023

I wonder if Reason Studios is hinting at something in the release notes - they are a very creative company after all...

djcat

19 Dec 2023

joeyluck wrote:
19 Dec 2023
djcat wrote:
18 Dec 2023

I tried this patch and had no issues. Also, this patch uses the plate algorithm and not the convolution one, so an error about a missing wav file wouldn't relate to that.

I also tried presets that use convolution and didn't have any issues. I then scrolled through, loading every factory preset without any issues. But this update doesn't include any changes to the factory bank, so I'm not sure how you got the error.
Thanks for your investigation.
BTW, I work on the Windows 10 for your reference.

jaeproduced

19 Dec 2023

Adabler wrote:
19 Dec 2023
deeko wrote:
19 Dec 2023
Same here, although I remember when I got it I downloaded the Reason specific firmware and that did not work at all. Had to revert to factory settings but it seems to work as it should now. I thought the problem was on Nektars end, though. That said, I only use the drumpads, keys and transport buttons, there could be problems I am not noticing.
For some reason the pitch wheel continues to move on it's on I've downloaded the lastest Nektar firmware and also hard reset the Impact LX49+ but it still occurs...weird glitch

Arpeg
Competition Winner

19 Dec 2023

jaeproduced wrote:
19 Dec 2023
Adabler wrote:
19 Dec 2023

For some reason the pitch wheel continues to move on it's on I've downloaded the lastest Nektar firmware and also hard reset the Impact LX49+ but it still occurs...weird glitch
The Power used via the USB cable to run the Nektar Impact LX+ has known issues :
https://nektartech.com/usb-power-and-impact/

Try a different cable or power source to see if it will resolve your problem. Nektar's supplied white USB cable may also cause other midi controllers to malfunction due to the power needed to run the Nektar Impact LX+ keyboards. I don't have any issues like yourself whatsoever with my Impact LX49+. For me it is great price value for what it offers with integration. Hopefully you can get it sorted.

jaeproduced

20 Dec 2023

Arpeg wrote:
19 Dec 2023
jaeproduced wrote:
19 Dec 2023

The Power used via the USB cable to run the Nektar Impact LX+ has known issues :

Try a different cable or power source to see if it will resolve your problem. Nektar's supplied white USB cable may also cause other midi controllers to malfunction due to the power needed to run the Nektar Impact LX+ keyboards. I don't have any issues like yourself whatsoever with my Impact LX49+. For me it is great price value for what it offers with integration. Hopefully you can get it sorted.
Okay, I changed out the cable hopefully that works unfortunately Impact LX 49+ are Only bus powered so I'm probably going to have to get a powered hub.

Arpeg
Competition Winner

22 Dec 2023

jaeproduced wrote:
20 Dec 2023
Arpeg wrote:
19 Dec 2023

Okay, I changed out the cable hopefully that works unfortunately Impact LX 49+ are Only bus powered so I'm probably going to have to get a powered hub.
I just realised that I connect my cable to USB 3.0 on my PC. I could do with a USB Hub tbh but like I mentioned I have no problems via 3.0 connection. Does your problem still persist with change of cable?

jaeproduced

23 Dec 2023

Arpeg wrote:
22 Dec 2023
jaeproduced wrote:
20 Dec 2023

I just realised that I connect my cable to USB 3.0 on my PC. I could do with a USB Hub tbh but like I mentioned I have no problems via 3.0 connection. Does your problem still persist with change of cable?
Yes, still happening. Nektar suggest get a can of pressured air and cleaning out around the mod wheels saying it's probably dust build up.

Arpeg
Competition Winner

24 Dec 2023

jaeproduced wrote:
23 Dec 2023
Arpeg wrote:
22 Dec 2023

Yes, still happening. Nektar suggest get a can of pressured air and cleaning out around the mod wheels saying it's probably dust build up.
Damn, thanks for the update. It does happen I guess. There's a lot to like about the Impact range along with price. I really do appreciate the 'scenes' function, soft takeover of knobs n' faders, grab maps - RE integration etc. If the T4 has the scenes function I would probably jump on that if my Impact fails in someway. T4 has a lot more on offer anyhow and if no scenes function I'd purchase a LX25+ just for it.
Have you checked out YouTube as I see a few videos for Nektar Impact pitch wheel problem.. It seems like an internal calibration job to be honest which is annoying but not hard at all.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +wheel+fix

NotUnusual

24 Dec 2023

I installed 12.7.1d91 several days ago and have since been having issue with Reason "not responding" after adding a Waves effect to the Rack.

I'd like to uninstall or "roll back" to the previous version update, but I'm not sure the best way to do that. I have a Windows 10 Pro system, version 22H2, OS build 19045.3803.

Does Reason let you download previous versions?

Thanks,

Tim

joeyluck

24 Dec 2023

NotUnusual wrote:
24 Dec 2023
I installed 12.7.1d91 several days ago and have since been having issue with Reason "not responding" after adding a Waves effect to the Rack.

I'd like to uninstall or "roll back" to the previous version update, but I'm not sure the best way to do that. I have a Windows 10 Pro system, version 22H2, OS build 19045.3803.

Does Reason let you download previous versions?

Thanks,

Tim
Yes, previous versions are available here: https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason/updates

Just run the installer for the version you need.

Be sure to report it and whether it's working in the previous version without issue.

jaeproduced

24 Dec 2023

Arpeg wrote:
24 Dec 2023
jaeproduced wrote:
23 Dec 2023

Damn, thanks for the update. It does happen I guess. There's a lot to like about the Impact range along with price. I really do appreciate the 'scenes' function, soft takeover of knobs n' faders, grab maps - RE integration etc. If the T4 has the scenes function I would probably jump on that if my Impact fails in someway. T4 has a lot more on offer anyhow and if no scenes function I'd purchase a LX25+ just for it.
Have you checked out YouTube as I see a few videos for Nektar Impact pitch wheel problem.. It seems like an internal calibration job to be honest which is annoying but not hard at all.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +wheel+fix
Wow I knew it wasn't just me. Thanks I'll put this to work and see what happens...

• Information