Assuming there's going be one, what you think is coming in Reason 13?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
crimsonwarlock

28 Jan 2024

jfrichards wrote:
28 Jan 2024
What I need is each synth to have a 1/3 height view which has compact versions of the main control boxes currently in the full versions. This will allow me to work much faster, not having to switch between the full and name view a hundred times per song edit. The 1/3 view could also have a little box for EQ adjustment. When I have more than two synths in a song, synth and EQ adjustments become way longer than they need to be.
You can do this easy with a combinator. Big bonus: you can set it up for each synth exactly the way you want it :puf_wink:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

tewoc

28 Jan 2024

This thread has over 312.000 views already...

Loque

28 Jan 2024

tewoc wrote:
28 Jan 2024
WTF?
Reason12, Win10

antic604

29 Jan 2024

Low-key I'd love for inserts/remote section come back to Mixer. It could again be 4 knobs & 4 buttons, freely mappable to anything on that channel, by simple right click -> map to mixer knob/button #x. It doesn't have to be anything more fancy that that. It was such a huge help for mixing, for people with one and/or small screen.

Obviously any improvement on the old concept would be welcome, too! ;)
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

joeyluck

29 Jan 2024

Remote still works and is assigned to the first 4 knobs and 4 buttons of the first Combinator in an insert.

tewoc

29 Jan 2024

Loque wrote:
28 Jan 2024
tewoc wrote:
28 Jan 2024
WTF?

Whole world wants to see Reason DAW rise again after all those years.
Lets hope they finally realize the unbelievable DAW potential and drop an outstanding v13 update soon.

DaveyG

29 Jan 2024

tewoc wrote:
29 Jan 2024
Loque wrote:
28 Jan 2024

WTF?

Lets hope they finally realize the unbelievable DAW potential and drop an outstanding v13 update soon.
That's gotta be a bot or something.

jfrichards

31 Jan 2024

"You can do this easy with a combinator. Big bonus: you can set it up for each synth exactly the way you want it "

EXCELLENT IDEA !!! (I was hoping someone else would do it, guess I'll try one)

crimsonwarlock

31 Jan 2024

jfrichards wrote:
31 Jan 2024
EXCELLENT IDEA !!! (I was hoping someone else would do it, guess I'll try one)
If you refrain from doing fancy graphics for a faceplate, doing what you want is not that much work, actually. And if you start a dedicated topic for this in the combinator-2 subforum, others might join in and help with doing some of them :puf_wink:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Rising Night Wave

31 Jan 2024

as concerns me and my work with reason, i hope they will repair two major bugs (i have not reported this yet to them):

1. from when was introduced Reason's Polar RE... at real-time-play/export at 192khz... the polar/s is/are producing some glitches! ... I have noticed it is connected to LFO's rate.

2. from when was introduced Reason's Drum Sequencer RE... almost always... this player does not play 1st "note/block" in 1st (lowest) line, if i say so. It moves whole lane of notes to right for 4 blocks. ... In practice this means when, lets say, i have assigned a drum kick to that 1st lane in drum seqnencer, the 1st block is played with a 4 blocks delay - so 1st block is not played when it should have to be played. So when the song starts ... all REs are starting to play, also drum sequencer, ofcourse, but drum kick is delayed for 4 blocks. so when the song ends, thre is a solo drum kick at the end.

F**K!!! :x

Okey? Reason. :cry:

why is my reaction so? becasue these two REs are quite good, you know? especially drum sequencer. it rocks. but(t)... since there is always a butt... a warm FFS repair this request !!!!!!!!!

PS: i can not believe this bug is with me so long. what? am i the only one with this problem in reason daw? if so, it would be just unbelievable.

PS2: from when were these two REs introduced... i have changed my computer, my OS version, my drivers for my sound card... reason daw version... and this bug is still bugging. as said, ffs.

otherwise... i still love reason daw as at first day i was starting to use it. :thumbup:

anyway:

+1 to :reason: from me
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

crimsonwarlock

01 Feb 2024

Rising Night Wave wrote:
31 Jan 2024
so when the song ends...
What do you mean by this? When you stop the sequencer, when you automate drum sequencer run, or when you export the song and the song end marker is set to the exact end of your notes (as the end marker only affects export)?
-------

Rising Night Wave

01 Feb 2024

sorry for this: :thumbdown:

i, the my self, clickes thes knobes for playes... and when the songes endes... there comes the drumes kickes!

:thumbup: :clap:

--- --- --- --- --- ---

sorry, i had to write this. i am lmao-ing a lot right now.
no hard feelings.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

here in s-love-nia f**k-my-lifeia is 8:23 AM... so respectfull and decent answer later. i need to go to sleep and reset my self.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

antic604

01 Feb 2024

DaveyG wrote:
29 Jan 2024
tewoc wrote:
29 Jan 2024

That's gotta be a bot or something.
I prefer to think the it's because the OP is brilliant, insightful and keenly written :P
Music tech enthusiast.

crimsonwarlock

01 Feb 2024

Rising Night Wave wrote:
01 Feb 2024
... and when the songes endes... there comes the drumes kickes!
And yet, you still don't tell how the song "ends". How does drum sequencer stop playing at th end of your song, because if you don't have an exact timed action to stop it (like automating the run button) It will just continue to run until you hit the sequencer stop button, and that is something you can't time exactly, right?

So what you describe (that last kick) might just be you being too late to stop the sequencer in time.

EDIT: OK, the run button can't be automated in drumseq (bummer). When I try to stop it manually, it does play a final kick on the first step of the pattern before it stops, but that is obviously because of how we perceive the timing; you are basically too late stopping it when you think you are at the end of the pattern. When you automate drumseq to switch to an empty pattern at the end of your song, you'll find that it works flawlessly. Furthermore, I'm unable to replicate the missing kick at the start of the pattern, that also works flawlessly here.
-------

antic604

02 Feb 2024

If there is one thing I could ask for is fixing this - some of the panels are "convex" vs. others are "flat"; some have gaps, some don't; and they're different widths.

I can't stand it ;) :D

master.png
master.png (591.92 KiB) Viewed 2745 times
Music tech enthusiast.

Haku

02 Feb 2024

There’s a new loops player coming in the next version!

Output arcade RIP

deigm

02 Feb 2024

antic604 wrote:
02 Feb 2024
If there is one thing I could ask for is fixing this - some of the panels are "convex" vs. others are "flat"; some have gaps, some don't; and they're different widths.

I can't stand it ;) :D

master.png
Haha. Those devices are built in different factories with slightly different tolerances. Just like the real thing :thumbs_up:

Brosefski

03 Feb 2024

I'm not sure about that plugin in a plugin idea. That just sounds like trouble. "Yo dawg, I heard you like plugins, so I put a plugin in your plugin so you can use your plugin in your plugin while you plugin."
:reason: :recycle: :re:

avasopht
Competition Winner

03 Feb 2024

Brosefski wrote:
03 Feb 2024
I'm not sure about that plugin in a plugin idea. That just sounds like trouble. "Yo dawg, I heard you like plugins, so I put a plugin in your plugin so you can use your plugin in your plugin while you plugin."
It's how EVERYTHING in your computer works.

It would allow you to do some really cool things and automate a huge chunk of your sound design workflow.

It's weird that you can't nest them.

mimidancer

06 Feb 2024

multitrack midi recording would be nice. But most of all Reason needs a cupholder.

rgdaniel

06 Feb 2024

mimidancer wrote:
06 Feb 2024
multitrack midi recording would be nice. But most of all Reason needs a cupholder.
cupholder.jpg
Cupholder Classic
cupholder.jpg (26.54 KiB) Viewed 1619 times

mimidancer

06 Feb 2024

rgdaniel wrote:
06 Feb 2024
mimidancer wrote:
06 Feb 2024
cupholder.jpg
nice.

• Information