Reason updated and won't load previous VST

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Scoobyman II

23 Nov 2023

I wrote a song using MASSIVE X in it. Then recently updated and now REASON won't recognise the VST even though when I make a new song MASSIVE X will load. The problem is I don't remember what MASSIVE X patch I used in the song. I hope this makes sense.

jam-s

23 Nov 2023

Could it be you used the VST2 version of Massive X in the first song and now only the VST3 version is installed?

huggermugger

23 Nov 2023

I hope you solve your problem.

I often name tracks after the patch for this very reason. It has saved my a** more than once.

DaveyG

23 Nov 2023

I also wondered whether it's a VST2/VST3 problem.

Scoobyman II

24 Nov 2023

DaveyG wrote:
23 Nov 2023
I also wondered whether it's a VST2/VST3 problem.
I'll check that. It's highly possible.

NoiseCrime

28 Nov 2023

huggermugger wrote:
23 Nov 2023

I often name tracks after the patch for this very reason. It has saved my a** more than once.
I'd love to see Reason add the capability to append meta data to a track, so we can avoid polluting the track name with other data. Add in some additional QoL features to add/update the metadata with the name of the device, perhaps version info etc, as well as custom user comments.

buddard
RE Developer

28 Nov 2023

Scoobyman II wrote:
23 Nov 2023
I wrote a song using MASSIVE X in it. Then recently updated and now REASON won't recognise the VST even though when I make a new song MASSIVE X will load. The problem is I don't remember what MASSIVE X patch I used in the song. I hope this makes sense.
I didn't see you mention anywhere which OS you're running, but if you are on a Mac with an Apple Silicon processor there could be a compatibility issue if your plugin doesn't support Apple Silicon natively.

tiker01

28 Nov 2023

buddard wrote:
28 Nov 2023
Scoobyman II wrote:
23 Nov 2023
I didn't see you mention anywhere which OS you're running, but if you are on a Mac with an Apple Silicon processor there could be a compatibility issue if your plugin doesn't support Apple Silicon natively.
If all.this than you need to turn on Rosetta mode for Reason. 😉

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

tiker01

28 Nov 2023

buddard wrote:
28 Nov 2023
Scoobyman II wrote:
23 Nov 2023

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Scoobyman II

05 Dec 2023

tiker01 wrote:
28 Nov 2023
buddard wrote:
28 Nov 2023

I'm running the latest Sonoma OS on an M1 chip mac with Reason 12.

hamsterfactor

05 Dec 2023

See the part about "Does your app need Rosetta?".
https://support.apple.com/HT211861

Scoobyman II wrote:
05 Dec 2023
tiker01 wrote:
28 Nov 2023

I'm running the latest Sonoma OS on an M1 chip mac with Reason 12.
:reason: Suite 11  |  :reason: 12 perpetual license  |  :re::refill: |  macOS Ventura  |  Mac Studio M1 Max

SynthGang

14 Dec 2023

NoiseCrime wrote:
28 Nov 2023
huggermugger wrote:
23 Nov 2023

I'd love to see Reason add the capability to append meta data to a track, so we can avoid polluting the track name with other data. Add in some additional QoL features to add/update the metadata with the name of the device, perhaps version info etc, as well as custom user comments.
I'd love to be able to add comments in the sequencer window! I know there are rack extensions that allow you to do this but this is just not ideal and only serves as unnecessary clutter in the rack (though that frankly doesn't stop me from using them). This would easily allow you to append the kind of information you mention in addition to whatever else a user might find helpful (patch names, etc.)

Something similar (or even identical) to what you find in Pro Tools would be nice for this imo. I've longed to be able to add comments to comps especially if I'm working with multiple vocal takes for an artist.

stillifegaijin

14 Dec 2023

SynthGang wrote:
14 Dec 2023
NoiseCrime wrote:
28 Nov 2023

I'd love to be able to add comments in the sequencer window! I know there are rack extensions that allow you to do this but this is just not ideal and only serves as unnecessary clutter in the rack (though that frankly doesn't stop me from using them). This would easily allow you to append the kind of information you mention in addition to whatever else a user might find helpful (patch names, etc.)

Something similar (or even identical) to what you find in Pro Tools would be nice for this imo. I've longed to be able to add comments to comps especially if I'm working with multiple vocal takes for an artist.
You could add labels to clips to accomplish this.

SynthGang

14 Dec 2023

stillifegaijin wrote:
14 Dec 2023
SynthGang wrote:
14 Dec 2023

You could add labels to clips to accomplish this.
I definitely do label my clips but I'd love to be able to have the option of adding comments at the track level since it just provides me with more flexibility in terms of what kind of info to put in there.. not to mention it can help with project collaboration if you're passing things on to somebody else who also uses Reason.

• Information