"The Operation could not be completed because the format is not supported."

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Marco Raaphorst

17 Nov 2023

When I open a song that I am working on, Reason gives me this error message:

It is a song I am working on for a client. I can no longer open older versions of the track too.

I've contacted Reason Studios but there's no solution at the moment. The deadline is this Monday, so I think I'll have to rebuild the track in Ableton (I don't trust Reason at the moment).

Has anyone experienced this? I have a long relationship with Reason, since version 1.0, but this feels like the end. I can no longer trust Reason for work.

Loque

17 Nov 2023

Newer version? Maybe a beta version?
Reason12, Win10

Marco Raaphorst

17 Nov 2023

Normal version 12.7d2. Reason Studios is aware of my issues. Tried a newer beta but no luck.

OldGoat

17 Nov 2023

Maybe this helps, maybe not:

1. What has changed, so that it stopped working?
2. Could it be that the file got kind of broken?
3. Can you restore previous version of the file, maybe from a time where it still "worked"?

So long...

Rising Night Wave

17 Nov 2023

Marco, I advice you to check if everything is okay with your SSD or HDD or USB-Key or whatever it is that you have the file on it?
Like... to check for bad sectors and related errors that could make your data storage media unreliable and thus files unreadable.

The image you have copy/pasted is from Apple's iOS, right?
If I am not wrong, then I can not help you. In this case others will.

In Windows OS you just go to CMD (as an administrator) and run CHKDSK.EXE with some /XYZ parameters to check for bad sectors and so on.

Report.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Marco Raaphorst

17 Nov 2023

Nothing wrong with the SSD or the copy from my external SSD. Reason Studios cannot open the file either. This is a serious bug I've reported and Reason Studios is looking into it, but have not found a way to open the file.

• Information