Pitch Bend issue

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
marzrova

20 Oct 2023

i use a akai mpk249 midi controller... my group memnber uses an m-audio midi controller and recently there has been a weird pitch bend issue happening where tracks get recorded with a slight pitch bend making everything sound detuned... I thought it was just my controller but it is happening with multiple contollers... you literally have to go in and delete the bend bend automation lanes... anyone else getting this as a reason bug?

Arpeg
Competition Winner

21 Oct 2023

Not aware of it in the latest version 12.7.0d3

luckygreen

21 Oct 2023

Me neither on Reason_v12-7-0-d3 Windows. What OS? What version of Reason?

Maybe there is a third controller connected to the PC that lies hidden somewhere under the desk. It keeps sending pitch bend data that get mixed with the note data from the other controller(s).
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

marzrova

21 Oct 2023

Thanks for the feedback. Just a bit more information for context. I only have the one controller, my Akai controller, connected to reason in my home studio ... my group member has his own home studio setup with reason and his own controller. We work independently but are having the same issue. It seems the issue recently started after the 12.6.2 update as best as I can tell.

selig
RE Developer

22 Oct 2023

marzrova wrote:
21 Oct 2023
Thanks for the feedback. Just a bit more information for context. I only have the one controller, my Akai controller, connected to reason in my home studio ... my group member has his own home studio setup with reason and his own controller. We work independently but are having the same issue. It seems the issue recently started after the 12.6.2 update as best as I can tell.
Is the pitch bend amount the same on every example? Is it one data point, is it a constant stream of data? Is it sporadic, only happening at certain points in time then nothing for a while?

Things I’d try if in the same position:
Record a track WITH pitch bend and notes, specifically fully flat or fully sharp pitch bend and see what happens. Record a track of just pitch bend and see what happens. Before recording a track, move the pitch bend control back and forth quickly a few times (exercise the potentiometer) and see if that clears any PB data from happening during recording.

I have to say that this comes up fairly regularly, and every time I’ve followed the issue through to the end, the cause has been a controller sending errant data, so simply based on the odds alone my guess is a controller is sending errant data (but you never know…). :)
Selig Audio, LLC

dioxide

22 Oct 2023

I've experienced this recently and it turned out that the controller was sending weird pitch bend messages. I checked with a tool called MIDI Monitor for Mac so I could see what is happening:
https://www.snoize.com/midimonitor/

luckygreen

27 Oct 2023

If you have no other means take the Ableton Live 11 free trial,
open the preferences,
make sure all MIDI inputs are active
record arm a MIDI track
drop the MIDI effect "MIDI monitor" onto the track
luckygreen_midimonitor.png
luckygreen_midimonitor.png (36.59 KiB) Viewed 2564 times
That way you may be able to narrow down the cause.
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

jaymojangles

06 Feb 2024

did you ever find a fix?

• Information