Is Reason ready for Sonoma on M2 macs?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Re8et
Competition Winner

18 Oct 2023

Is it safe to upgrade to Sonoma???

Only reason I know for upgrading is Sonoma uses new translation for M1 Max/ M2s with dedicated GPU for graphic heavy op.
They call it Game mode, and I don't know if it is just a language layer, that requires software to know of in order to make it even work... somwthing like Vulkan?? Or... something more like Rosetta??? No f...xx.. idea... it looks like it's integrated so all graphic mode get better latency and so do... midi instruments??? That's my hope there...

Drivers obviously is the main issue here...
Roland users beware...

Also there are mentions that ?integrated AI? scans your phot for pets and family members??? I don't know... :geek:
This is what DiffusioBee can do already on my m2 mini... might be linked to some futursitic phot stuff??? idk..

tmp9qdsujru.jpg
tmp9qdsujru.jpg (87.97 KiB) Viewed 1680 times

npinero1

18 Oct 2023

As of 10/18/23, Reason has not officially stated that it is Sonoma ready. I already made the upgrade and I have not had any issues on my MacBook Pro M1 Pro.

I am sure I will suffer some issue somewhere but I needed to upgrade for a project I am doing on my day job.

Some of the relevant gear I use:
UAD Apollo X4 - No problems

I have not tested all of these plugins but this is what I will be testing.
Plugins from: UAD, Accusonus, Acon Digital, Antares, Arturia, AudioThing, Baby Audio, Blue Cat Audio, Cable Guys, D16 Group, Denise, Evabeat, Eventide, FabFilter, Firesonic, Flux, FXpansion, Hornet, IK multimedia, Izotpope, JST, Kazrog, Kilohearts, Keushview, Line 6 , Melda Productions, Minimal, Modalics, Moog, Native instruments, Newfangled Audio, non-Lethal Apps, Oeksound, Output, Pitch innovations, Plugin Alliance, Plugin Boutique, Polymers, PSP , Qosmo, QuickQuack, Robotic Bean, Roland Cloud, ROLI, Samplab, Slate Digital, Softube, Sonible, Sonnox, Sound Particles, Sound Radix, Soundly, Soundtheory, Soundtoys, Spitfire Audio, SSL, Supertone, Synchro Arts, Techivation, Toontrack, Unison, UVI, Valhalla, Waves.

No error messages during song load up with some of the plugins above but this is what I have.
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

Re8et
Competition Winner

18 Oct 2023

npinero1 wrote:
18 Oct 2023
As of 10/18/23, Reason has not officially stated that it is Sonoma ready. I already made the upgrade and I have not had any issues on my MacBook Pro M1 Pro.

I am sure I will suffer some issue somewhere but I needed to upgrade for a project I am doing on my day job.

No error messages during song load up with some of the plugins above but this is what I have.
Cool tnx

I have legacy FW Motu Ultralite drivers, and many, many Roland boutique drivers amongst other HW's that could possibly fail,
I have to check on Roland website if they are ready. Already some HW like the JP08 and other first series support was dropped
at Big Sur, others at Monterey or Ventura. Hot topic. TE OP1 still worked in Ventura. Non supported drivers worked on Ventura as well
despite being unsigned... most concerning was usb-midi, but many still worked at least on that. Nektar 88+ keyboard.

I have a few plugin alliance synths also and Native instrument Reaktor that I will need to reinstall probably.
No M1 silicon version of Reaktor was released as of yet but it run np for me

stillifegaijin

18 Oct 2023

npinero1 wrote:
18 Oct 2023
As of 10/18/23, Reason has not officially stated that it is Sonoma ready.
Yes they have. 3 weeks ago. It is.

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -statement

Re8et
Competition Winner

18 Oct 2023

stillifegaijin wrote:
18 Oct 2023
npinero1 wrote:
18 Oct 2023
As of 10/18/23, Reason has not officially stated that it is Sonoma ready.
Yes they have. 3 weeks ago. It is.

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -statement
UPDATED Also to to Reason 12.7 with new companion updater.
Everything works flawlessly so far.

All Motu and Roland drivers also worked right away.

• Information