Reason 12.7 Release Notes (Companion for All)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Libraquaricorn

12 Oct 2023

Regarding Companion...

Do I still have to have CodeMeter installed? It says: Propellerhad Software Virtual Ignition Key

This thing always starts up every time I turn on my computer....

buddard
RE Developer

13 Oct 2023

Libraquaricorn wrote:
12 Oct 2023
Regarding Companion...

Do I still have to have CodeMeter installed? It says: Propellerhad Software Virtual Ignition Key

If you only use Reason 12.6 or later you can remove CodeMeter.

SoundFactor

13 Oct 2023

Is anyone else's Reason 12 crashing since the update?

antic604

13 Oct 2023

SoundFactor wrote:
13 Oct 2023
Not here. Any particular circumstances when this happens?
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

StephenHutchinson

13 Oct 2023

It is great that there is Companion to replace the Authorizer system. One thing that does bother me is that when I load it up to check for updates etc., it always defaults to the "Getting started" screen" instead of the "Devices" screen. Is there any way to change this? I can't find a toggle or menu item to change it.
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

Libraquaricorn

13 Oct 2023

buddard wrote:
13 Oct 2023
Libraquaricorn wrote:
12 Oct 2023
Regarding Companion...

If you only use Reason 12.6 or later you can remove CodeMeter.
Thanks, mate! Bye bye CodeMeter....

luckygreen

14 Oct 2023

antic604 wrote:
13 Oct 2023
SoundFactor wrote:
13 Oct 2023
Not here. Any particular circumstances when this happens?
Me neither so far. Did you uninstall authorizer? Have you tried to uninstall v12.7 and reinstall from the v12.7-setup-file instead of just online-updating?
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

ab459

15 Oct 2023

Do i right understand that Companion should be installed separately ? (Ie he not come together with 12.7 installation)

platzangst

15 Oct 2023

ab459 wrote:
15 Oct 2023
Do i right understand that Companion should be installed separately ? (Ie he not come together with 12.7 installation)
Maybe so. When I let Reason auto-update, upon restart it wanted me to install Companion (and took me to a page to download it). So perhaps it isn't automatically included.

crimsonwarlock

16 Oct 2023

ab459 wrote:
15 Oct 2023
It is separate because it is updated separately. You don't want to download a full Reason install, just to update companion :puf_wink:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

buddard
RE Developer

16 Oct 2023

platzangst wrote:
15 Oct 2023
ab459 wrote:
15 Oct 2023
Maybe so. When I let Reason auto-update, upon restart it wanted me to install Companion (and took me to a page to download it). So perhaps it isn't automatically included.
No, Companion is not included with Reason. New users start by downloading Companion, which in turn downloads Reason. That's why existing users download Companion separately, :-)

npinero1

21 Oct 2023

HELP
What is the safe way to delete Codemeter on my Mac (Sonoma)?
It is in the System Preferences. I dont think I've ever deleted anything from my system preferences.
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

Dafreeze

21 Oct 2023

i have memory issues since the update, dsp always high, couldnt open 2 projects at the same time, had to roll back the update

luckygreen

21 Oct 2023

Dafreeze wrote:
21 Oct 2023
i have memory issues since the update, dsp always high, couldnt open 2 projects at the same time, had to roll back the update
PC or Mac? Have you told the Reason Studios support team?
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

Dafreeze

21 Oct 2023

PC, my vsts would run at very high dsp where i hadnt got issues before, when i open other project ( to copy tracks or devices) i run out of memory. Havent contacted support, Ill see to do that. With 12.6 everythings works fine again.

luckygreen

21 Oct 2023

Dafreeze wrote:
21 Oct 2023
PC, my vsts would run at very high dsp where i hadnt got issues before, when i open other project ( to copy tracks or devices) i run out of memory. Havent contacted support, Ill see to do that. With 12.6 everythings works fine again.
When you go to Preferences > Audio > Performance have you checked the setting for cores and threads and the audio rendering buffer size setting? Maybe the default setting has changed between v12.6.x and v12.7.x.

tobypearce

22 Oct 2023

Hazel wrote:
09 Oct 2023
gbuck wrote:
09 Oct 2023
But a lot of RE's are no longer in the Reason store. How can they be available for companion?
No kidding right? I use that old cakewalk re2a all the time....and I'm pretty sure that disappeared a while ago.
Me too. It''s a fantastic compressor.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

antic604

22 Oct 2023

gbuck wrote:
09 Oct 2023
But a lot of RE's are no longer in the Reason store. How can they be available for companion?
If you bought them previously, they'll still be listed in Companion and you can d/l and install. That's the beauty of RE format - it's on RS to host the plugins and upgrade them for compatibility with new hardware or OS that's compatible with Reason itself.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

inteliboy

22 Oct 2023

Annoying that this Companion app now opens up each time I launch Reason... what gives.

dan_g

23 Oct 2023

inteliboy wrote:
22 Oct 2023
Annoying that this Companion app now opens up each time I launch Reason... what gives.
can be disabled in the preferences
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

inteliboy

23 Oct 2023

dan_g wrote:
23 Oct 2023
inteliboy wrote:
22 Oct 2023
ah cool, thank you

moneykube

26 Oct 2023

StephenHutchinson wrote:
13 Oct 2023
It is great that there is Companion to replace the Authorizer system. One thing that does bother me is that when I load it up to check for updates etc., it always defaults to the "Getting started" screen" instead of the "Devices" screen. Is there any way to change this? I can't find a toggle or menu item to change it.
yes please :exclamation:
I find this quite annoying as well.
You would think there would be a way to do this, but I have not yet found the magic menu that would allow this.
If the answer is out there, please chime in.
If not... that option should indeed be added :!:
Why open a window every the time that tells you that you did all the things you needed to do... it makes no sense to me.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Mattvank

26 Oct 2023

dan_g wrote:
23 Oct 2023
inteliboy wrote:
22 Oct 2023
There exactly? Can´t find it. Just the log out and in Reason notthing that give a hint to disable it.

dan_g

27 Oct 2023

Mattvank wrote:
26 Oct 2023

There exactly? Can´t find it. Just the log out and in Reason notthing that give a hint to disable it.
i'm not at home right now. maybe someone can provide a screenshot from the preferences.
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

Creativemind

27 Oct 2023

Kilsane wrote:
09 Oct 2023
Now I'm curious to see a new roadmap, to know what we can still see happening in Reason 12 or possibly the announcement of a future Reason 13.
Personally I would like more news on future improvements to R12 than the announcement of an R13

Was thinking the same
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information