Reason 12.6.2 Release Notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
deeplink
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2023

From the blog (ref: https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -released-)

Bug fixes and improvements
Ableton Link now works natively on Apple Silicon Macs

Improved performance when de-selecting "Render audio using audio card buffer size setting" in Preferences->Audio)

Fixed a graphical issue on Windows where text was cut off in Preferences

Fixed an issue on Windows where some VST3 plugins could crash when the plugin window was opened

Fixed an issue on Windows where Reason wouldn't start, but returned a "File not Found" or "Access Denied" error

Fixed an issue on Windows in the Control Surface Error Report where the message was too long and you couldn't click “X” or "OK"

Fixed an issue on macOS where Reason failed to open/save song files containing a slash as its second character

Fixed an issue on macOS where the browser didn't show empty folders

Fixed an issue on macOS where the screen would turn black after closing Reason in full screen mode

Fixed a crash on macOS when indexing system folders

Fixed an issue on macOS where the Splash screen was sometimes blank

Fixed a graphics bug where a selection in the rack would leave remnants of old selection markers

Fixed an issue where .rx2 loops didn't play back the first slice when previewing in the Browser

Fixed an issue where an 'Unknown Exception' could be triggered whilst browsing samples in Redrum

Fixed an issue where MIDI was being imported incorrectly in Reason

Added an info dialog on macOS which informs the user that the Reason installer is running when auto-updating from Reason 12.6.1 to 12.6.2 (or later)

Removed CV routing to Pitch and Mod wheels in VST device Programmer. It was never intended for Pitch and Mod wheels to appear here and it never worked. No further questions, your honor!
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

zabukowski

28 Aug 2023

"Fixed an issue where .rx2 loops didn't play back the first slice when previewing in the Browser"

Thank you!

PhillipOrdonez

28 Aug 2023

Nice!

Loque

28 Aug 2023

Nice. A lot of fixes on Mac.
Reason12, Win10

Maxsu

29 Aug 2023

anyone worked already a few hours with the update on windows?

kurtg

29 Aug 2023

great work :thumbup:

Avith Ortega

29 Aug 2023

zabukowski wrote:
28 Aug 2023
"Fixed an issue where .rx2 loops didn't play back the first slice when previewing in the Browser"

Thank you!
YES!! :clap:

luckygreen

30 Aug 2023

Thanks for the heads-up! That I do like about Reason: They seem to take bugfixing seriously.
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

Propellerhands

30 Aug 2023

Ever since updating from v4.0.1 to v12 noticed that I spend more time updating Reason than actually making music.
"Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great." - stillifegaijin on Reason

WOO

03 Sep 2023

Maxsu wrote:
29 Aug 2023
anyone worked already a few hours with the update on windows?
Yes, I have, and I'm happy to report no issues running it on my old win desktop. I have a folder with a bunch of subfolders, that houses all of my reason projects, midi and wav files as well as a bunch of refills and before this update it used to take about 30 seconds for that folder to repopulate in the reason browser upon starting reason for the first time. Now it shows up as soon as reason starts. So whatever they did to fix that, Thanks. Btw, I didn't have this minor annoyance while using reason 11.

ljekio

09 Sep 2023

Removed CV routing to Pitch and Mod wheels in VST device Programmer. It was never intended for Pitch and Mod wheels to appear here and it never worked. No further questions, your honor!
It so bad. I always waiting for another performance controllers adding there, but found only a complete cancellation of all this.

pushedbutton

11 Sep 2023

"Fixed an issue where MIDI was being imported incorrectly in Reason"
Hope this fixes the issues I've been working around for years, looking forward to checking it out.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Re8et
Competition Winner

12 Sep 2023

Can I still use offline mode on my RSN11 on my W10 laptop?
I have a rns 12 licence and it's updated on desktop computer, but for offline, I'd rather stay with rsn11 on the laptop...
I made the last update with codemeter last this june I think... I'm not sure if there was a deadline this september
from which point we would not be able to update our rack extensions anymore... is it this the 'end of support' day??

Loque

12 Sep 2023

Re8et wrote:
12 Sep 2023
I have a rns 12 licence and it's updated on desktop computer, but for offline, I'd rather stay with rsn11 on the laptop...
I made the last update with codemeter last this june I think... I'm not sure if there was a deadline this september
from which point we would not be able to update our rack extensions anymore... is it this the 'end of support' day??
Any reason not to use Reason 12 on the laptop? It is faster, looks better and authorized for 1 year. Or did I missed something?
Reason12, Win10

Re8et
Competition Winner

27 Sep 2023

Loque wrote:
12 Sep 2023
Re8et wrote:
12 Sep 2023
Any reason not to use Reason 12 on the laptop? It is faster, looks better and authorized for 1 year. Or did I missed something?
It's a i3 from 2011, with 8gb ram, and intel internal gpu. I'm afraid it already stutter when scrolling with 11, with 12 I fear it could
get worse, bc of HQ graphics...

Loque

27 Sep 2023

Re8et wrote:
27 Sep 2023
Loque wrote:
12 Sep 2023

It's a i3 from 2011, with 8gb ram, and intel internal gpu. I'm afraid it already stutter when scrolling with 11, with 12 I fear it could
get worse, bc of HQ graphics...
I think R12 might be faster. But the settings for audio must be right. R12 is faster than R11 on my machine.
Reason12, Win10

• Information