Should RS bring back Reason Lite?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
antic604

25 Oct 2023

SebAudio wrote:
27 Aug 2023
If there’s no such thing as a « free » RRP, it’s likely because RS’s business studies tell that it’s not worth it. We’re all exited by Objekt but PM isn’t such a big interest in VST land that designing an entire business model around Objekt supposedly success outside of Reason seems very ambitious.
Free RRP doesn't make sense only when compared to R+ as an alternative.

Lots of people aren't interested in subscription. And from those people RS could extract money by selling individual devices, rather then giving all of them (current & future!) away via R+. And I believe they get 20-30% of RE sales, too. The only cost here would be to technically separate RRP from Reason DAW itself.

--------------------------------

I'm really starting to think that business valuation models used by VCs favoring subscriptions are hurting the music making industry. Or maybe they're right and I'm just...

Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

tobypearce

29 Oct 2023

Steedus wrote:
25 Oct 2023
If they do bring something back like this it really should be compatible somehow with the full version - eg: a while back I was trying to get my friend in on using Reason so we could collab better.

So they got a version of Reason 11 Lite but I was frustrated to find there was no way I could save a file from the full version (using only devices included with Lite) that was compatible with Reaon Lite.

So in the end we still couldn't collab better than them using Logic, so that's where they stayed.
That's annoying!
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

• Information