NN-XT sample mapping

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Aug 2023

I asked this a long time ago and never really got an answer. Basically I have 10 different samples which I want to play with an NN-XT. That is to say have one sample in each note. If I drag them in at the same time they get combined into one sample. How do I drag them in so that each sample is matched to a different note? Is it possible? Thanks. Dragging them in a batch works with Kong.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

huggermugger

02 Aug 2023

I don't think you can do it in one move. After you've dragged the samples in, select them all, right click, and choose Automap Zones Chromatically.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Aug 2023

huggermugger wrote:
02 Aug 2023
I don't think you can do it in one move. After you've dragged the samples in, select them all, right click, and choose Automap Zones Chromatically.
Great!!!! Thanks man. Now I just need to write that down and then write another note to myself so I remember where I put the first note.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ljekio

02 Aug 2023

There was once a refill, forgot it name...
In general, he had sets of different templates for different tasks with empty cells for samples. Despite the fact that there was no dragndrop then, it worked. And now even easier, you can drag the desired sample to the desired cell.
But I have always used the built-in sorting and organizing functions, so this refill was lost for me.

moneykube

02 Aug 2023

MrFigg wrote:
02 Aug 2023
huggermugger wrote:
02 Aug 2023
Great!!!! Thanks man. Now I just need to write that down and then write another note to myself so I remember where I put the first note.
now Mr. Figg is searching for two notes :lol: Or more....
Screen Shot 2023-08-02 at 2.21.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-02 at 2.21.51 PM.png (46.93 KiB) Viewed 2945 times
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

DaveyG

02 Aug 2023

I realise I sound like a stuck record but other samplers just deal with this most basic of functions like they should. When dragging and dropping multiple samples you usually have a key modifier which dictates the action. For example, hold shift whilst dropping might mean "map these to consecutive keys". Another key might mean "these are all round robin samples".

But staying within the Reason eco system I wonder if you can drop them on Kong then export/import into NN-XT. Not something I've ever done.

tomusurp

03 Aug 2023

or if u want to do manually, just right click in blue screen area and select Add Zones, then when u select a zone u will go to the open folder area to load in a sample. then u can edit the range of the sample like 1 key or more if u want to go melodic with a sample. then keep adding zones for more samples
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/@usurptom
https://www.usurptom.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

ljekio

03 Aug 2023

I remembered name of template refill and found it on my PC, XT-KIT.rfl from dannybeatz.
But google cant find it.

ljekio

03 Aug 2023

The easiest way to create a Kong patch based on the NN-XT patch. In the Kong sampler, unfortunately, there is no automatic separation by velocity zones, as well as copying of zones, so you have to tinker a lot. However, there is one way to reduce the time to adapt patches of the same type. To do this, in an empty project in which we will create a patch containing only our Kong from the tools, open NN-XT with the selected patch. Next, create the first patch: open the sample browser and go to Song Samples. We find our NN-XT in it and take from there all the samples that fall on the note we need. We separate them by velocity in the NN-Nano editor. If the number of samples and velocity zones in subsequent patches are the same as in the first one, in subsequent patches you just need to select all zones in the NN-Nano, press the sample browser button and select the necessary samples for the next patch from the Song Samples tab. They should stand up in the same order and with the same settings as in the first case.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Aug 2023

ljekio wrote:
03 Aug 2023
The easiest way to create a Kong patch based on the NN-XT patch. In the Kong sampler, unfortunately, there is no automatic separation by velocity zones, as well as copying of zones, so you have to tinker a lot. However, there is one way to reduce the time to adapt patches of the same type. To do this, in an empty project in which we will create a patch containing only our Kong from the tools, open NN-XT with the selected patch. Next, create the first patch: open the sample browser and go to Song Samples. We find our NN-XT in it and take from there all the samples that fall on the note we need. We separate them by velocity in the NN-Nano editor. If the number of samples and velocity zones in subsequent patches are the same as in the first one, in subsequent patches you just need to select all zones in the NN-Nano, press the sample browser button and select the necessary samples for the next patch from the Song Samples tab. They should stand up in the same order and with the same settings as in the first case.
Thanks. But all I wanted to do was spread the samples over the keyboard on the NN-XT and that appears to be just one click :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Aug 2023

ljekio wrote:
03 Aug 2023
Its true :)
:)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

deigm

08 Aug 2023

ljekio wrote:
02 Aug 2023
There was once a refill, forgot it name...
In general, he had sets of different templates for different tasks with empty cells for samples. Despite the fact that there was no dragndrop then, it worked. And now even easier, you can drag the desired sample to the desired cell.
But I have always used the built-in sorting and organizing functions, so this refill was lost for me.
Sounds useful. I've attempted to make a combinator that did something like this a couple times. But failed to get it working like I'd hoped.

• Information