Create a monophonic CV signal

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
enterbagels

26 Jul 2023

Hello,

In Reason 10, I utilize a midi bass pedal to trigger a synth, which I control with my feet. The issue (at least for me) is that it is polyphonic!
So, when I hold the previous note with my left foot and want to move to another note with my right foot, the notes usually sound together, which I want to prevent. Particularly when I'm playing drones with extended release times.

So I'm looking for a Reason RE or similar device that filters out all polyphonic note events or always transmits a note off event for the final note when a second note event comes in.
That should be a relatively simple operation for some piece of software, in my perspective, but I couldn't locate any RE that gives that function for me.

Is there any way I could remedy that?

deeplink
Competition Winner

27 Jul 2023

Can't you just set the synth you are using to Monophonic? Maybe I'm not understanding...
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

selig
RE Developer

27 Jul 2023

deeplink wrote:
27 Jul 2023
Can't you just set the synth you are using to Monophonic? Maybe I'm not understanding...
Agree, the benefit is you can control the triggering mode as well that way (re-trigger vs legato).
Selig Audio, LLC

DJMaytag

31 Jul 2023

+1 on the destination device being set to monophonic. I’m not positive, but doesn’t just about every synth out there have a polyphony control?

• Information