Audio crackling/pop

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jam-s

05 Feb 2024

Have you checked your power saving settings? Windows sometimes resets those back to balanced after updates. Also if it only occurs in R12: Make sure your GPU driver is up to date.

chimp_spanner

07 Feb 2024

Just to jump in here and say I have experienced the same since going to Windows 11. The best way to describe it for me is that Reason seems extra sensitive to *anything* else happening on the system, like opening a new window, scrolling, opening/closing an application, etc. All while CPU was hardly flickering on the meter, and regardless of project size.

However, I also noticed since Win 11 that I was getting graphical tearing in Chrome. Seemed unrelated but I thought I'd try to get to the bottom of that and see if the two things were related. Disabled hardware accelerated GPU scheduling in Windows and it fixed the screen tearing AND...I don't wanna speak too soon but Reason feels a lot better. I'm testing atm but I feel like I would've noticed it a LOT more by now. Maybe worth you guys trying it and seeing if you notice an improvement?

My specs, btw, as I'm sure its relevent;

i7 11700
64GB DDR4
RTX3070 8GB

nebraskafire

08 Feb 2024

I also had audio dropouts in Reason and the following helped me:

1. set Windows to high performance mode (unfortunately it is hidden in Windows 11, just google how to enable it)

2. deactivate USB energy saving

3. update the graphics driver

MirrorEyEs

12 Feb 2024

On Windows 10 setup with all the power saving options off (been set like that since I installed it) and I'm getting this as well. It's not the processor cores being hammered as I get it at 1 bar DSP. Just installed the latest Reason 12 update and it's still a problem.
Reason 12 - Horrible plastic M-Audio Oxygen 49 and a battered pair of Sony MDR V6 cans

MirrorEyEs

16 Feb 2024

Hmmm just updated Windows 10 and the crackling and pops seem to have stopped, for now at least!
Reason 12 - Horrible plastic M-Audio Oxygen 49 and a battered pair of Sony MDR V6 cans

• Information