VST MIDI out inside reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
me-yourself-and-them

08 Jul 2023

I know...it's such an old subject. Still...no solution?

I'd love to be able to use VST MIDI plugins eg. the brilliant futurephonic rhythmizer 2.1
for this i need midi out.
please: cv>midi is no real solution. it's really hard to setup, got restrictions and/or needs pricy plugins as well.
i checked many external vst hosts.
hermann seib is sort of not working well - and the UI just sucks.
bluecat patchworks is too expensive.
kushview element is sort of working but really complex - and it completely breaks the layout of rhythmizer 2.1 which renders it completely useless.

any other options?
i was thinking about using reason rack plugin as vst host inside reason - but that also seems to be impossible, right?

Aquila

10 Jul 2023

lol we had to wait 7 versions for physical MIDI out (and has never really been expanded on since). You may have to wait quite a while yet before they sort it out...if ever.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2023

me-yourself-and-them wrote:
08 Jul 2023

kushview element is sort of working but really complex - and it completely breaks the layout of rhythmizer 2.1 which renders it completely useless.

LOL, 30 seconds to setup is no longer than to add the device into any DAW and point it at an instrument... (took me longer to download)

What layout is broken, what am I miss on this screen (as I don't know the device, just got the demo)?
rhythmizer.jpg
rhythmizer.jpg (78.07 KiB) Viewed 534 times

• Information