Reason 11 glitching suddenly

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Sudhama

07 Jul 2023

Hi, I'm new here, but used to be active on the forum on the Reason website way back when, so hello and nice to be here. I make hip hop beats with samples. I use NN-19's for my main samples then Kong and Redrum for individual drum samples. Recently my NN-19's have been jiggling the pitch bend ever so slightly, so my main samples slow down as they play. sometimes it does this other times it does not, and the problem moves from one NN-19 to another as the song is playing. Has anyone encountered this problem before, if so, what to do? Any other suggestions are also welcome. Thank you.

challism

07 Jul 2023

Fortunately, I've not experienced such a thing. Is it possible to post a video of this behavior and maybe even a song file so we can take a look? If we are unable to figure it out here on RT, you should report it to Reason support with the same (video and song file) so they can look into it and hopefully solve the issue.

Also, what version of Reason are you running and what operating system are you using?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

jam-s

07 Jul 2023

Jittering pitchbend or strange modwheel action usually originates from an ageing midi controller that is sending bogus data (due to worn out or dirty potentiometers on those controls). To be sure that this is not the case and to pinpoint which device might be causing it: Try to disconnect your (USB-)MIDI controllers when this is happening. If it stops you've found the cause, if not we'll have to dig in deeper.

TheGodOfRainbows

07 Jul 2023

jam-s wrote:
07 Jul 2023
Jittering pitchbend or strange modwheel action usually originates from an ageing midi controller that is sending bogus data (due to worn out or dirty potentiometers on those controls). To be sure that this is not the case and to pinpoint which device might be causing it: Try to disconnect your (USB-)MIDI controllers when this is happening. If it stops you've found the cause, if not we'll have to dig in deeper.
I'd bet this is exactly what it is. My POS M-audio 25 does this, and it makes it almost unusable for me as it makes undoing things IMPOSSIBLE because as the pitch or mod wheel is constantly jittering, and if I make a parameter change, or any change for that matter, and I undo, it wont work because the wheels send bogus data nonstop every second. Drives me crazy.

Sudhama

07 Jul 2023

jam-s wrote:
07 Jul 2023
Well, I disconnected my midi keyboard and the problem stopped. Guess I didn't need to upgrade to 12 just yet in the end! Thank you guys for all your suggestions and help.

• Information