Best/most efficient macOS using Reason 12.6.1?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Darkersound

28 Jun 2023

Afternoon all..

I'm currently using macOS Big Sur 11.7.7 and Reason 12.6.1.

Are there any macOS (intel cpu users) out there who can give me any feedback on whether it's worth updating to Ventura ?

I'm trying to wring more life out of my 2019 MacBook Pro.

Thanks in advance.

marcuswitt

28 Jun 2023

Darkersound wrote:
28 Jun 2023
Afternoon all..

I'm currently using macOS Big Sur 11.7.7 and Reason 12.6.1.

Are there any macOS (intel cpu users) out there who can give me any feedback on whether it's worth updating to Ventura ?

I'm trying to wring more life out of my 2019 MacBook Pro.

Thanks in advance.
Based on my own personal experience I can say that on a 2019 MBP that’s driven by an Intel CPU there’s no difference noticeable in terms of Reason’s performance between Ventura and its predecessor. So, no risk here. Just make sure you’ve got the latest driver versions for external equipment if needed.

Darkersound

29 Jun 2023

Thanks Marcus.

Will stay where I am until I upgrade my Mac...

Re8et
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2023

Beware M2 mac run Ventura only, whilst the M1 mac still has Big Sur and Monterey as options, plus my tests proved the M1 mac to be slightly faster than the M2 counterpart, at least the 256gb drive options, that runs and half the speed of the M1 SDD... that is true for the 8gb RAM option also, where the OS will use the SDD for Unified Virtual memory. Also Roland has made drivers for M1 OS 11 but dropped support after that for many products. So aside Reason you might want to keep an eye open for other devs.

• Information