What would you get with your last reward points

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

what would you get with your reward points.

Poll ended at 13 Sep 2023

Objekt Modeling Synthesizer
76%
BV-X Multimode Vocoder
11%
Chord Sequencer
14%

Total votes: 37
Billy+

15 Jun 2023

I've got some left over reward points what device would you recommend?

challism

15 Jun 2023

Objekt is amazing.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Popey
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2023

I used up the last of my points for Objekt, it's a good device

_andreypetr_

15 Jun 2023

The Rewards program ends this year? Or you just asking?

Loque

15 Jun 2023

Always depends. If you are into vocals, get the vocoder. If you are into real world physical modelling sounds with a touch of something else, get Objekt.

Chord Sequencer is okayish...I whish it would help me more to create my own chords and tell what other chords could fit nicely.
Reason12, Win10

PhillipOrdonez

15 Jun 2023

_andreypetr_ wrote:
15 Jun 2023
The Rewards program ends this year? Or you just asking?
No, it is not, please do not get him started 🤦‍♂️

DaveyG

15 Jun 2023

I'd use the reward points to get rid of Billy but that option doesn't seem to be included in the poll nor does it appear in the rewards shop. So I haven't voted or spent my last reward points.

Billy+

16 Jun 2023

Nice, real nice.......

DaveyG

17 Jun 2023

When I say "get rid of" I don't mean a shallow grave in the woods at midnight. Just maybe moving him to a forum for a product that he actually likes and can be happier with.

challism

17 Jun 2023

DaveyG wrote:
17 Jun 2023
When I say "get rid of" I don't mean a shallow grave in the woods at midnight. Just maybe moving him to a forum for a product that he actually likes and can be happier with.
Billy is a good fella.png
Billy is a good fella.png (491.41 KiB) Viewed 6727 times

Billy+

17 Jun 2023

DaveyG wrote:
17 Jun 2023
that's good to hear, but rather than getting personal may just a vote on a device might have been a better approach?

eusti

22 Jun 2023

challism wrote:
15 Jun 2023
Objekt is amazing.
Interesting... The only things I heard when I casually listened were plonky steel drummy like...
I guess I haven't heard the proper demos yet!

challism

23 Jun 2023

eusti wrote:
22 Jun 2023
challism wrote:
15 Jun 2023
Objekt is amazing.
Interesting... The only things I heard when I casually listened were plonky steel drummy like...
Watch the live stream with Ryan and Mattias. That audio input on the back!

motuscott

23 Jun 2023

Yes, that's the video and yes, I spent my last reward points on Objekt.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

challism

24 Jun 2023

eusti wrote:
22 Jun 2023
challism wrote:
15 Jun 2023
Objekt is amazing.
Check this one out, Beardyman is great.

eusti

27 Jun 2023

challism wrote:
24 Jun 2023
Check this one out, Beardyman is great.

Yeah. Nice one... There are some less steel drum like sounds there... I like! Thank you! :)
Couldn't stay with the long video... Sorry... If they cannot get me interested in the beginning, no way I'm going to spend that much time on it...

eusti

27 Jun 2023

Ok. Now Objekt is on my radar for my rewards points...
And what do you guys think: Bassline Generator vs Chord Sequencer?
I think I could use equal help in regards to better bass lines and more advanced harmonies... :P

Billy+

27 Jun 2023

eusti wrote:
27 Jun 2023
I think I could use equal help in regards to better bass lines and more advanced harmonies... :P
I have BLG and would / did choose it over CS but I didn't try CS as I already have Scaler2 & Capitan Chords. BLG is quite a nice tool and isn't limited to bass lines, the only thing I don't like is that the bass sound patches are all housed in CMBv2 patches which as a R11 hold out I can't access - but I would still say it's worth getting. ;)

eusti

27 Jun 2023

Billy+ wrote:
27 Jun 2023
eusti wrote:
27 Jun 2023
I have BLG and would / did choose it over CS but I didn't try CS as I already have Scaler2 & Capitan Chords. BLG is quite a nice tool and isn't limited to bass lines, the only thing I don't like is that the bass sound patches are all housed in CMBv2 patches which as a R11 hold out I can't access - but I would still say it's worth getting. ;)
Thank you, Billy! Appreciated! :)

WaxTrax

27 Jun 2023

I love BLG. I have been a R+ subscriber since the beginning (coming from R11 Suite), but BLG was the one new RS RE I purchased in case I decided not to renew R+.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Jun 2023

BLG. Definitely
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

27 Jun 2023

eusti wrote:
27 Jun 2023

I put BLG way higher on the list than CS. Although they work really well together (the "root out" CV from CS to BLG is great). I use BLG all the time, in many different ways; it's capable of much more than just coming up with baselines. I think it's pretty amazing.

What I often do is to clear off all the notes and start with a clean canvas (after getting a decent seed, random pattern and variations I like). Then I just treat it like a regular sequencer and click on the places where I would like to audition different notes. You can adjust each notes' pitch, you can tie the notes together for longer notes, or legato/portamento effects.

Of course, once you make the adjustments to the rhythm (when notes are played) and the pitch, you basically disable the rhythm and pitch variation amounts (and A/B banks, and basically all the knobs), so it's a good idea to get it dialed-in close to what you like before you start messing with the manual rhythm/pitch changes. As I said, this works great for more than just basslines; you can use it for melodies and harmonies and even percussion hits. You could even use it to drive a chord player and build chord progressions with it (place it above the chord player).

The reason I like BLG as a sequencer is because it gives me more inspiration to play with the offbeat notes that I usually overlook when programming a sequencer. This layout really lends itself to rhythm creativity, for me at least.

eusti

27 Jun 2023

Wow! Thank you all for expressing your views so clearly! Love it! Looks like an unanimous vote for the BLG so far! Nice! :)

stratatonic

27 Jun 2023

What would I get with my last Reward Points?
Absolutely nothing. I have 5 points left after getting Friktion last year.
I would have to spend 400 US dollars - $560 CDN with RS markup - just to get a 25 (CDN!) dollar off voucher.

I recently got another computer and am in the process of putting selected plugins on it - one of which is Amplitube from IKMultimedia, which I got in a Group Buy two years ago.
I had a handful of Jam Points in my account left at that time, but when I went to download some IK plugs last week, magically there were almost a hundred Points.
IK just throws "gift" points in your account every once in a while.
It's a good incentive to spend more money.

In contrast, I'm still at 5 Reward points with little incentive to spend anything.
If RS popped in a few "gift" points, I may reach the 25 dollar voucher, and then the odds are way better that I'd spend something more to take advantage of the voucher.
/rant

I'd give CS a 3 out of 10, BLG 6 and Objekt would have been a 5 until I saw the Beardyman vid , as I agree with eusti on the plink plunky nature of Objekt from what I heard online. That sounded pretty good, so a couple more points for that.

eusti

28 Jun 2023

@stratatonic: I agree that the rewards system is deeply flawed in the way it is setup and thought out... Really no point in considering it at all other than to use the points that have accumulated.

But thank you so much for your assessment in regard to the REs on offer. Appreciated! :)

• Information