Momentary combi button ?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
visheshl

10 Jun 2023

Ok so im sorry if this has been asked, but i am new to the combi2.
I need to have buttons on the combi which act like a solo button, that is only one button of the group is active at a time.

OR
the button should toggle off when pressed after doing the action its supposed to do.

I basically want to have pattern and variation change buttons (on polystep or other pattern devices like kompulsion) on the main panel of my combinator, so that the rest of the complications of the patch can be hidden and i can have only the pattern switches on the panel... suitable for live playing...

If there is a way out please help.

Loque

10 Jun 2023

Maybe you can switch the value of a button, but the button would still be active.

You should think about using a rotary with defined areas to control whatever your want to change.
Reason12, Win10

visheshl

10 Jun 2023

Ok request time, is it possible to add a momentary checkbox when you create a new button in the combi?
(you know where you select the button type etc)
So that the button turns off automatically when pressed?

Or at least add a new button type which doesn't change color when pressed...its really confusing which pattern is on, when multiple buttons are either on or off...can RS at least do this much please?
I got the thing almost working but when i press patter 2 button the pattern 1 button remains on, id rather have the buttons not change color even when pressed.

Please do this much.
Last edited by visheshl on 10 Jun 2023, edited 2 times in total.

visheshl

10 Jun 2023

Loque wrote:
10 Jun 2023
Maybe you can switch the value of a button, but the button would still be active.

You should think about using a rotary with defined areas to control whatever your want to change.
Ok im sorry for acting like a noob, but can you please elaborate on this?

Loque

10 Jun 2023

visheshl wrote:
10 Jun 2023
Loque wrote:
10 Jun 2023

Ok im sorry for acting like a noob, but can you please elaborate on this?
I am not in the studio, so no screenshots.

You can define a range where a rotary should change the value. It can easily be overlooked. Select the rotary and check the bottom right area AFAIR.
Reason12, Win10

ljekio

10 Jun 2023

this mode can be achieved using RE from Hamu (RIP Hakan). Newtrol and Modpanel. Or with an external controller.

dusan.cani

10 Jun 2023

joeyluck wrote:
10 Jun 2023
The Combinator does not yet have radio buttons or momentary switches.
And it's really weird that they didn't implement it at least in the version 2. Such a basic and very useful feature, but they omitted it.

It doesn't look like that combi 2 would receive some cool additions anymore...Before the realease v2 it seemed that it would be sophisticated update that will allow much more advanced programming, but it wasn't the case. Does it even include controls for stock devices ? For example, if I want to create combi for Europa and use its knobs, faders, etc. Additional control packs for different REs would be awesome too.

visheshl

10 Jun 2023

I know it won't receive any updates until the next reason version, but all im asking for, for now, is a button which doesn't change color...its just a graphics change... because its confusing when you switch patterns

electrofux

10 Jun 2023

If you feed the CV of a Button (EG the button of Thor or Tinker) into a Channel In of ModSlewer (from Hamu) you can grab a two gate signals from the up and down outputs of that channel. You have to up the rate a bit though. So you get a trigger from each press of the toggle button.

I second the wish for momentary buttons and radiobuttons in the Combi (maybe even a random number generator checkbox). And more of everthing :-)

• Information