Reason 12.6.1 Update - Out Now

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dan_g

07 Jun 2023

https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes

Reason 12.6.1 Release Notes
  • Fixed an issue where crossfade gets silent when joining two audio clips
  • Fixed an issue with unexpected behavior in fullscreen mode for certain VSTs on macOS
  • Fixed an issue with Vocal Stretch analysis failing on ARM64
  • Fixed an issue where dragging an item from a Favorites list in browser to the Rack sometimes failed (ironically making that item our least favorite thing)
  • Fixed an issue where Combinator rotaries 5-32 didn’t work when a CV in was also routed to them
  • Improved behavior in Rack Navigator where custom backdrops in Combinators were drawn as black boxes are now drawn with default backdops
  • Fixed an issue with the on-screen keyboard when Hold and Repeat were used simultaneously, which resulted in errors as Repeat was turned off
  • Fixed an issue with cropped text in Preferences on interface inputs and outputs
  • Fixed an issue where the audio settings sliders in Preferences were cropped on macOS
  • Fixed an issue originating from using two monitors with different scalings on Windows
  • Various other bug fixes, optimizations, and improvements
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

loui
Reason Studios

07 Jun 2023

We have updated the release notes with a few bullets (accidentally left out initially).
Here's the updated list

Reason 12.6.1 Release Notes
  • Cleanups and fixes of audio threading code that can reduce glitches at low load (M1 Pro)

Fixed an issue where an error was triggered when clicking on the GUI icon for note lane performance parameter of a VST3

Fixed an issue where crossfade gets silent when joining two audio clips

Fixed an issue with unexpected behavior in fullscreen mode for certain VSTs on macOS

Fixed an issue with Vocal Stretch analysis failing on ARM64

Fixed an issue where dragging an item from a Favorites list in browser to the Rack sometimes failed (ironically making that item our least favorite thing)

Fixed an issue where Combinator rotaries 5-32 didn’t work when a CV in was also routed to them

Improved behavior in Rack Navigator where custom backdrops in Combinators were drawn as black boxes are now drawn with default backdops

Fixed an issue with the on-screen keyboard when Hold and Repeat were used simultaneously, which resulted in errors as Repeat was turned off

Fixed an issue with cropped text in Preferences on interface inputs and outputs

Fixed an issue where the audio settings sliders in Preferences were cropped on macOS

Fixed an issue originating from using two monitors with different scalings on Windows

Fixed an issue where the Remote MIDI Find window could be opened twice

Fixed a Remote issue where Arturia Keylab 61 mkII keyboard MIDI Notes messages weren't recognized

Fixed an issue with Legato mode where some devices became unresponsive after Audio Reset

Various other bug fixes, optimizations, and improvements

Heater

07 Jun 2023

Thanks for the update.

moneykube

07 Jun 2023

awesome... thank you :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Last Alternative

07 Jun 2023

Appreciate it! Hoping to see sequencer improvements soon.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

josb

07 Jun 2023

Disappointingly, installing still requires Rosetta.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Jun 2023

Last Alternative wrote:
07 Jun 2023
Appreciate it! Hoping to see sequencer improvements soon.
:lol:
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

07 Jun 2023

Thanks for the update!

kurtg

09 Jun 2023

thank you for the update :thumbup:

Neo

09 Jun 2023

All updates welcomed 🤘👍
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Jun 2023

"Fixed an issue where crossfade gets silent when joining two audio clips"

So audio crossfades hasn't worked in R12 until now?

joeyluck

10 Jun 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
10 Jun 2023

Crossfades have certainly always continued to work. This is about the function of joining crossfaded clips (making them into a single clip).

I've never encountered this issue, but I don't often join clips. I like to keep the flexibility to adjust them later.

Not sure if this had always been an issue with crossfades including R11 or could've just been introduced in a previous update...? I hadn't seen any reports of it, so I would guess it wasn't a showstopper for many users.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Jun 2023

joeyluck wrote:
10 Jun 2023
TritoneAddiction wrote:
10 Jun 2023

Crossfades have certainly always continued to work. This is about the function of joining crossfaded clips (making them into a single clip).

I've never encountered this issue, but I don't often join clips. I like to keep the flexibility to adjust them later.

Not sure if this had always been an issue with crossfades including R11 or could've just been introduced in a previous update...? I hadn't seen any reports of it, so I would guess it wasn't a showstopper for many users.
Ok I see. I confused it with normal crossfades.

The (no longer) R12 bug seems to work in R11. Just tried it out. Yeah haven't used that function before either.

buddard
RE Developer

12 Jun 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
10 Jun 2023

This was a very particular case where you would join two crossfaded clips that were on a muted track. The crossfaded part of the resulting clip would be completely silent.

Mattvank

25 Jun 2023

The browser is very slow. Now it falter when i load samples into Umpf retro. Did i do something wrong?

wyattsmitham

27 Jun 2023

The update is not compatible with my lap. It kept crashing all the time and had to reconnect. Maybe I should try another lap.badland

EnochLight

27 Jun 2023

wyattsmitham wrote:
27 Jun 2023
The update is not compatible with my lap. It kept crashing all the time and had to reconnect.
What did you have to "reconnect"?
wyattsmitham wrote:
27 Jun 2023
Maybe I should try another lap.
If you have a friend sitting next to you, I suppose you could set it in their lap. Maybe that will help.

BTW, I removed the URL you posted, since you're new around here. Might want to read the forum rules about that. ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Popey
Competition Winner

27 Jun 2023

just updated from 11 to 12 and updated all the r12 re's to hi res. Is there anything else i need to do or does your umpf look like this (the words comp/clean blurry etc?)

Edit: lower zoom level sorted this text to be better in r12 standalone but strangely it seems more sharp in RRP so still wondering if I need to do anything else?
Umpf R12 hi res.jpg
Umpf R12 hi res.jpg (89.84 KiB) Viewed 5594 times

Dhunatmik

02 Jul 2023

Just getting serious about Reason and going to install all sound packs. I see that there is no user defined folder available and I don't want all the sound packs on my main drive - any suggestions?

EnochLight

02 Jul 2023

Dhunatmik wrote:
02 Jul 2023
Just getting serious about Reason and going to install all sound packs. I see that there is no user defined folder available and I don't want all the sound packs on my main drive - any suggestions?
Yes. Just like the Rack Extension folder, use symbolic links and move it to wherever you want.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

manoob

14 Jul 2023

Oh boy after new update reason crashes a lot, specially when opening a project. I wanna go back to previous version, it just so much headache....
Mac m1

RobBarnett

14 Jul 2023

manoob wrote:
14 Jul 2023
Oh boy after new update reason crashes a lot, specially when opening a project. I wanna go back to previous version, it just so much headache....
Mac m1
It's running great for me. No issues on MBP M1 Max 32GB

geronimo

14 Jul 2023

Work fine at home with an Imac24 M1 _

moalla

14 Jul 2023

No problems on my l7 4710mq notebook, but also had some crash’s at my Ryzen 3900x desktop ;), but works in most cases stable enough, still had some instabilitys of hornets syncpressor in the mastering chain in general, other vast plugins are working without problems.
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

Goriila Texas

30 Jul 2023

Fixed a Remote issue where Arturia Keylab 61 mkII keyboard MIDI Notes messages weren't recognized

Wow I just booted Reason it's been awhile and didn't know RS fix the control surface and midi learn functions for Arturia. My transport and faders finally work in Reason.

• Information