Offline authorization will be discontinued for R11 and earlier - This is serious

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dmitrijsorokin

Post 13 Sep 2023

I can no longer activate extensions on this page:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/user/prod ... license=re

Tell me, is it only me who has this problem?
I've been trying different Codemeter combinations all morning, but no key found.
However, Reason 12.5.3 sees the key and launches successfully.
It still worked in the summer.

dmitrijsorokin

Post 18 Sep 2023

dmitrijsorokin wrote:
13 Sep 2023

I've been trying different Codemeter combinations all morning, but no key found.
If you have 2 keys, and have a Reason 12 license on one key and Reason 11 Lite on the other, you will run into a problem.
Activation of RackExtensions and Manage License no longer works.
The key is not detected (it worked in the summer).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WOO

Post 20 Sep 2023

I just ran into a similar problem authorizing my ignition key moments ago. I had to use a different browser in my case the brave browser to log into my account then after hitting the authorize button it initially found the ignition key but when I hit authorize ignition key it suddenly said it could not find it. So I removed the ignition key and plugged it into another usb port and that worked. Make sure you have the latest version of codemeter installed btw.

WOO

Post 20 Sep 2023

Thanks for the easy to follow directions. Got my ignition key authorized this afternoon. FYI. I had to log into my account using brave in order to authorize my ignition key. Logging in and trying to authorize using google chrome just wouldn't work.

The process is quite simple, just do the following:

1) Insert the Propellerhead Ignition Stick into your machine
2) Now go to https://reasonstudios.com,
3) Now, click the 'Login' in the top right corner and log into your account if you haven't done so before, if you have, it will show 'My Account' instead
4) Click the ''My Account' option once you have successfully logged in and you will be presented with a drop down list of options, select the 'My Products' option
5) Once you are presented with the page titled 'My Products' there should be a button on there that says 'AUTHORIZE', click that
6) You might get a pop up about allowing AUTHORIZER to start (depends on whether you are macOS or Windows) accept those messages
7) Now you should be presented with a page titled 'AUTHORIZE COMPUTER AND KEYS'

On that page, it should show you the status of your computer and the Ignition Key in terms of the Offline authorisation.

You should have the option to 'AUTHORIZE' or 'DEAUTHORIZE' your stick, once authorised, it means that you can remove it and you have your license(s) including RE's etc permanently stored on the stick.
[/quote]

rcbuse
RE Developer

Post 20 Sep 2023

Hurry.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dmitrijsorokin

Post 21 Sep 2023

WOO wrote:
20 Sep 2023
I just ran into a similar problem authorizing my ignition key moments ago. I had to use a different browser in my case the brave browser to log into my account then after hitting the authorize button it initially found the ignition key but when I hit authorize ignition key it suddenly said it could not find it. So I removed the ignition key and plugged it into another usb port and that worked. Make sure you have the latest version of codemeter installed btw.
The main page works, I can authorize ALL licenses and extensions with ONE key. But I cannot authorize Reason 12 for the FIRST key, and Reason 11 Lite for the SECOND key. It doesn't work like that any more. You can check by going to the separate RE login page: https://www.reasonstudios.com/user/prod ... license=re (it will write that the key was not found, it’s not just me).

Also, do not forget to save your RackExtensions folder, including the RackExtensions cache file - 30f9fffea59c.cache. I assume that if the server is turned off, during a clean installation this file will not be created (and therefore there will be no authorization through the key, even if you download the same versions of RE).

30f9fffea59c.cache - RackExtensions cache file for key
df858d0e909c.cache - RackExtensions cache file for online authorization

And you should no longer update RackExtensions, because new versions are not authorized by the key. Therefore you should save all RackExtensions files.

And you must save all installation files in case they are deleted from the Reason Studios server (it is no longer possible to download Reason 1, 2, Recycle 2.0 updates)

MadGadget

Post 21 Sep 2023

dmitrijsorokin wrote:
21 Sep 2023
Also, do not forget to save your RackExtensions folder, including the RackExtensions cache file - 30f9fffea59c.cache. I assume that if the server is turned off, during a clean installation this file will not be created (and therefore there will be no authorization through the key, even if you download the same versions of RE).

Hi dmitrijsorokin,

Are these cache files on Windows or macOS? And where are they located?

many thanks

jklok

Post 21 Sep 2023

I talked to my children about it. Just put Ableton Lite on a $107 mini PC. It was free with the M-Audio Keystation Mini32.
But I have a waterproof box with some backups of Reason to keep it going here to the grave.

Please don't end up like the great ship Vasa.
Last edited by jklok on 21 Sep 2023, edited 1 time in total.

dmitrijsorokin

Post 21 Sep 2023

MadGadget wrote:
21 Sep 2023
dmitrijsorokin wrote:
21 Sep 2023

Hi dmitrijsorokin,

Are these cache files on Windows or macOS? And where are they located?

many thanks
I have Windows. The files are located here (by default):

c:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions\30f9fffea59c.cache
c:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions\df858d0e909c.cache

I constantly backup the entire folder c:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions

And during a clean installation I copy this folder back.
I don't have to authorize or upload anything. I put the key in and everything works.

PS: CodeMeter User Runtime (newest) https://www.wibu.com/support/user/user-software.html

PPS: Anyone who doesn't have the key will no longer be able to authorize online Record (online authorization Record was disabled a year or two ago). This trend is alarming for owners of Reason 12.5.3, Reason 11 and below. Reason 11 may also be disabled from online login.

1695037730187.png

MadGadget

Post 21 Sep 2023

:thumbup: thank you

avasopht
Competition Winner

Post 21 Sep 2023

dmitrijsorokin wrote:
21 Sep 2023
PPS: Anyone who doesn't have the key will no longer be able to authorize online Record (online authorization Record was disabled a year or two ago). This trend is alarming for owners of Reason 12.5.3, Reason 11 and below. Reason 11 may also be disabled from online login.
This is BAD

earwig83

Post 23 Sep 2023

avasopht wrote:
21 Sep 2023
dmitrijsorokin wrote:
21 Sep 2023
This is BAD
I think the record files open in later versions anyhow, so in this case, It might not be an issue?

avasopht
Competition Winner

Post 23 Sep 2023

earwig83 wrote:
23 Sep 2023
I think the record files open in later versions anyhow, so in this case, It might not be an issue?
Sure, but it will be bad for those who are still on those older versions. For some, Record gave them everything they needed and they've no need to upgrade.

I know guys who still sequence with the Atari ST.

EnochLight

Post 23 Sep 2023

It’s a different world. The Atari ST was a completely different product platform (also, try finding suitable replacements for Atari components that need to be replaced after 30+ years - it’s not easy). By that logic, my Ensoniq SQ1 Plus still works.

But yeah, it sucks that Reason 11, 10, etc could suffer a similar fate.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

avasopht
Competition Winner

Post 23 Sep 2023

EnochLight wrote:
23 Sep 2023
It’s a different world. The Atari ST was a completely different product platform (also, try finding suitable replacements for Atari components that need to be replaced after 30+ years - it’s not easy). By that logic, my Ensoniq SQ1 Plus still works.

Well, ... now I come to think of it, the last time I spoke to him he was using Reason. Totally forgot about that.

Jagwah

Post 23 Sep 2023

Got an email with a 50% off offer which makes it $155 AUS, with a claim that Reason 13 will not be released this year. There is only 3 months left in this year, I don't know maybe some people are really enticed by that but it just sounds like a bad move to me. I only want to upgrade for compatibility too. What a shame they hiked the price.

Loque

Post 24 Sep 2023

Jagwah wrote:
23 Sep 2023
Got an email with a 50% off offer which makes it $155 AUS, with a claim that Reason 13 will not be released this year. There is only 3 months left in this year, I don't know maybe some people are really enticed by that but it just sounds like a bad move to me. I only want to upgrade for compatibility too. What a shame they hiked the price.
I don't get it. A few weeks ago you could buy the upgrade for around 80 bucks. For even less all over the year. You had your chance.

Oh, wait. The offer is still online. Your chance to upgrade and stop complaining.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7532479
Reason12, Win10

selig
RE Developer

Post 24 Sep 2023

EnochLight wrote:
23 Sep 2023

I see this as part of the “price” of software. Sure, it’s cheaper than hardware initially (certainly if you don’t factor in the actual hardware/computer costs) but it has a shorter shelf life. Part of it may be it’s need for hardware to even work, plus the need for additional software (the OS) to tie it all together. So there are three important components, and if any one of them fails then the whole thing fails. The way to keep it around is to keep all three components in sync, and not update any of the three! Which is to say, treat your components as a single system, like a keyboard or drum machine rather than as a personal computer/os/3rd party software.

You could say hardware has two major components, the power supply and the circuit itself. If you can’t replace a bad power supply as I needed to do with my PreSonous Central Station recently, you’re totally out of luck since the new version use a totally different power supply and they don’t make/stock the old one. So in my case a perfectly good piece of hardware is dead in the water because of the lack of a proper power supply (probably a $20-30 part).

Nothing lasts forever, it’s a matter of how long it is able to meet your needs!
Selig Audio, LLC

Aosta

Post 24 Sep 2023

WOO wrote:
20 Sep 2023
Thanks for the easy to follow directions. Got my ignition key authorized this afternoon. FYI. I had to log into my account using brave in order to authorize my ignition key.
Yep, Brave worked for me. Dug my key out of the bottom of a tub and it had Reason 7 on it but all updated now, thanks for the instructions :thumbup:
Tend the flame

dusan.cani

Post 24 Sep 2023

If I buy RE after 25th September I will get that stupid login popup everytime when Reason 11 and below starts. Question is, will this bothering popup disappear if I delete this new RE ? Will be there a state without pop up login as before, or will the authorization of new RE rewrite the whole RE state on my computer so login stays forever after authorization ?

jam-s

Post 24 Sep 2023

selig wrote:
24 Sep 2023
If you can’t replace a bad power supply as I needed to do with my PreSonous Central Station recently, you’re totally out of luck since the new version use a totally different power supply and they don’t make/stock the old one. So in my case a perfectly good piece of hardware is dead in the water because of the lack of a proper power supply (probably a $20-30 part).
From the looks of it I suppose any universal power supply (for $10-$20) should be able to fit the barrel jack, so if it only is the power supply that went bad/missing it should be easy to find a decent replacement and keep that nice piece of hardware running.

selig
RE Developer

Post 25 Sep 2023

jam-s wrote:
24 Sep 2023
selig wrote:
24 Sep 2023
If you can’t replace a bad power supply as I needed to do with my PreSonous Central Station recently, you’re totally out of luck since the new version use a totally different power supply and they don’t make/stock the old one. So in my case a perfectly good piece of hardware is dead in the water because of the lack of a proper power supply (probably a $20-30 part).
From the looks of it I suppose any universal power supply (for $10-$20) should be able to fit the barrel jack, so if it only is the power supply that went bad/missing it should be easy to find a decent replacement and keep that nice piece of hardware running.
Sorry, no barrel jack - it’s a multi-pin custom XLR style connector (on the original), so it is FAR from universal, and Presonus hasn’t stocked them from at least 2013 (following old threads). I have an EE buddy that builds/fixes stuff and said he could possibly cobble something huge together to supply the multiple voltages this special unit requires. But the cost and shipping are not worth it - besides that, I’ve since moved on to Apollo units that meet my current monitoring needs and supports three pairs of monitors (and of course I need all three).

In reading on other folk’s experiences online I was quite shocked to see how difficult it was to replace this unit. I got almost 20 years out of this product, so all is well. It’s a lesson that even hardware isn’t future proof, let alone software!
Selig Audio, LLC

Karim
Competition Winner

Post 25 Sep 2023

dmitrijsorokin wrote:
13 Sep 2023

I, on the other hand, have a big problem. From today, none of the racks are recognized (I've bought hundreds of them over the years) and not even some of the Propellerheads that were supplied with the Reason suite can see me. Only Reason 11 still works for me. But the new version of Reason12.6 can't see all my licenses ;(
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Jagwah

Post 25 Sep 2023

Loque wrote:
24 Sep 2023
Jagwah wrote:
23 Sep 2023
I don't get it. A few weeks ago you could buy the upgrade for around 80 bucks. For even less all over the year. You had your chance.

Oh, wait. The offer is still online. Your chance to upgrade and stop complaining.
:thumbs_down:

Loque

Post 26 Sep 2023

Jagwah wrote:
25 Sep 2023
Loque wrote:
24 Sep 2023

:thumbs_down:
Well, then nobody and nothing can help you.
Reason12, Win10

• Information