Elp! Custom Remote Codecs gone!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
electrofux

19 May 2023

Hello,

i was cleaning up my custom remote codecs folders and removed unused ones. Upon starting Reason 12 the ones that were left in and active in Reason showed up with a question mark saying it cannot find the remote driver.
I checked the folder and the files were still in there. But whats even worse i cant reinstall the codecs since my folder doesnt appear in the list of codec manufacturers anymore even though it is still there.
I also checked other locations of Remote Codecs. I found my used folder under ProgramData/Propellerheads/Remote which is the one i was working in for ages. Then there is one in the Reason 12 folder but copying my folder in there didnt help.

I am desperate. I just finnished my Akai APC Key Codec which was alot of work with all the color mapping and my Launchpad Pro Codec which has 40k lines of code doesnt work anymore though nothing really changed.

Going through all appdata folder if there is some cache that got fucked up but no success so far. I still have the folders eg from delora or Retouch showing up but not my own folder. Renaming the folder and changing the manufacturer name of my codecs accordingly doesnt do the trick either. if i put my codec in the Akai folder and make it Akai as manifacturer it aslo doesnt show up - wtf is happening.

electrofux

19 May 2023

Omg, after deleting and reinstalling everything in panic and copying back and forth folders i stumbled over the issue. If the little png is missing in the folder, Reason doesnt even list the codecs anymore and that png has become a victim of my folder cleanup. Sometimes cleaning a mess makes things more messy lol.

Have to sync all now :-(. Checking the Akai Apc has to wait to tomorrow.

• Information