Importing multi-track .wav file?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
boomer

15 May 2023

Is there a simple way to import multi-track wav files into Reason without de-constructing them first?

Potattos

15 May 2023

boomer wrote:
15 May 2023
Is there a simple way to import multi-track wav files into Reason without de-constructing them first?
Hi, if i got you right, you can do it in the reason mixer where you want to import your files. select "create tracks from mixer channels" (right-click in the mixer) , choose the desired number of tracks in the dialog (by clicking "ok"). in the sequencer area you should get the new tracks created. click on the "audio track" for each channel you want to import selecting each track one by one.on the left side there should be a track inspector, click there on the audio input drop-down menu and choose "bounce mixer channels." put the settings (audio file format, location etc), click "ok". here we go. each selected mixer channel should be rendered as an individual audio file audio tracks in the sequencer. Hope thats what you need.
Sound design, music and voiceover for animated video production

jam-s

15 May 2023

Potattos wrote:
15 May 2023
boomer wrote:
15 May 2023
Hi, if i got you right, you can do it in the reason mixer where you want to import your files. select "create tracks from mixer channels" (right-click in the mixer) , choose the desired number of tracks in the dialog (by clicking "ok"). in the sequencer area you should get the new tracks created. click on the "audio track" for each channel you want to import selecting each track one by one.on the left side there should be a track inspector, click there on the audio input drop-down menu and choose "bounce mixer channels." put the settings (audio file format, location etc), click "ok". here we go. each selected mixer channel should be rendered as an individual audio file audio tracks in the sequencer. Hope thats what you need.
I'm not sure if you're a bot (your text sounds like some copy+mix+paste from other posts and/or the documentation), but I think the OP is asking for something else, which might not be possible in Reason right now.

Potattos

19 May 2023

jam-s wrote:
15 May 2023
Potattos wrote:
15 May 2023

I'm not sure if you're a bot (your text sounds like some copy+mix+paste from other posts and/or the documentation), but I think the OP is asking for something else, which might not be possible in Reason right now.
IDK why did you take me for a bot ... :lol: although ... correct speech in attempt to explain the step-by-step plan, and even of a newbie mightbe suspecious ... and with the overflooding of AI bots sometimes it’s really not a piece of cake to distinguish who is who. :(

jam-s

22 May 2023

Sorry for the possible offence and welcome to the forums. I think the OP is asking if a multi-track wav file can be imported directly into Reason as multiple tracks and not on how to create multiple wave files from mixer channels, but maybe @boomer could clarify this.

Potattos

23 May 2023

jam-s wrote:
22 May 2023
Sorry for the possible offence and welcome to the forums. I think the OP is asking if a multi-track wav file can be imported directly into Reason as multiple tracks and not on how to create multiple wave files from mixer channels, but maybe @boomer could clarify this.
It's ok. :thumbup: Thanks for welcoming. you're on the right course. I might misunderstood the question. It's hands down up to @boomer clear up, unless settled.

• Information