Reason 12.6 Released (Apple Silicon, Offline Mode)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Zerosity

02 May 2023

buddard wrote:
02 May 2023
Loque wrote:
02 May 2023
Hopefully less Login-Dialogs now. Probably for beta versions it is still required...

Does that also mean, they have removed Codemeter?
Yes, Codemeter is gone, and beta versions (of both Reason and REs) should now start up without requiring you to log in every time.
Ohhhhh, does this mean I might actually be able to use my REs under Linux (Wine) now? Please please please.

Heater

02 May 2023

Well done props.

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

02 May 2023

joeyluck wrote:
02 May 2023

Joey wins the easter egg prize!
All my old Super Neat Beat Cheat Sheets and Mix Fix Tricks were full of little references like this and most times people never noticed. In fact, just for you Joey I'll try to remember to put a little easter egg reference in the Objekt video I'm working on today too! Something to keep your eye out for next week. :D

Zerosity

02 May 2023

Zerosity wrote:
02 May 2023
buddard wrote:
02 May 2023

Yes, Codemeter is gone, and beta versions (of both Reason and REs) should now start up without requiring you to log in every time.
Ohhhhh, does this mean I might actually be able to use my REs under Linux (Wine) now? Please please please.
Nope, never mind, it's working the same as previous versions. I haven't been able to figure out how to get the Authorizer to download REs within Wine. It downloads the Reason license on first start up, but I haven't figured out how to get the "Sync All" functionality to work for RE downloads. Wished the RE download functionality existed within the App like the "Manage Content" feature and then I think I could use RRP w/ REs on Linux under Wine.

[my own personal rant]
I doubt Linux will get the market share any time soon to make Reason Studios work on a Linux native version. But if I don't get access to REs sometime soon, I should probably try to cross grade all my REs with VST versions and sell my Reason license. At this time, I will not longer use Apple or Microsoft desktops at my house until they become more consumer friendly.
[/my own personal rant]

crimsonwarlock

02 May 2023

Zerosity wrote:
02 May 2023
Nope, never mind, it's working the same as previous versions. I haven't been able to figure out how to get the Authorizer to download REs within Wine. It downloads the Reason license on first start up, but I haven't figured out how to get the "Sync All" functionality to work for RE downloads. Wished the RE download functionality existed within the App like the "Manage Content" feature and then I think I could use RRP w/ REs on Linux under Wine.
Just an idea: what if you download the REs on a (temporary) Windows machine and then copy everything over to the Linux machine?
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

EnochLight

02 May 2023

ryanharlin wrote:
02 May 2023
joeyluck wrote:
02 May 2023

Joey wins the easter egg prize!
All my old Super Neat Beat Cheat Sheets and Mix Fix Tricks were full of little references like this and most times people never noticed. In fact, just for you Joey I'll try to remember to put a little easter egg reference in the Objekt video I'm working on today too! Something to keep your eye out for next week. :D

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Zerosity

02 May 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
02 May 2023
Zerosity wrote:
02 May 2023
Just an idea: what if you download the REs on a (temporary) Windows machine and then copy everything over to the Linux machine?
Didn't work last time I tried, but I suppose I should try again with 12.6.
I think if Reason Studios allowed us to pass the phrem download links as an argument to authorize.exe from the command line, that might be a workable solution, but I doubt they'd waste the dev effort for such a small set of users. Only hope is for Linux desktop market share to grow, but that's been the same mantra since the 90s (this is the year of Linux on the desktop).

amanitamix

02 May 2023

RE: Please use the latest Companion (Reason+ subscribers) or MyProducts web page (licensed version) to update your installed RackExtensions to their native Apple silicon versions.

I am a reason+ subscriber and don't see any REs updates when I launch Companion. Any ideas?

Last Alternative

02 May 2023

Awesome! Can’t wait to get off work and try it out!
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

SebAudio

02 May 2023

deeplink wrote:
02 May 2023

Remote support added for
  • Arturia
  • Microfreak
What a great add ! Microfreak and Europa share a lot of features, near 1:1 when using only one oscillator

EnochLight

02 May 2023

Zerosity wrote:
02 May 2023
Only hope is for Linux desktop market share to grow,

but that's been the same mantra since the 90s (this is the year of Linux on the desktop).

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

MikeTheMan990

02 May 2023

So does this mean that the Codemeter software is no longer required at all for Reason anymore? I can completely uninstall it from my system?

DaveyG

02 May 2023

Zerosity wrote:
02 May 2023
At this time, I will not longer use Apple or Microsoft desktops at my house until they become more consumer friendly.
That's your choice and your right but you are missing out on most of the best tools for music making right now. :?
Linux will never be mainstream on desktops. If it was going to happen it would have happened by now.

Pingafuego

02 May 2023

And how is CPU hit for Intel Macs? Same performance as before?

McSpidey

02 May 2023

Are there any plans to support VST2 to VST3 instrument migration for songs, especially now that major plugin vendors like NI are only updating VST3s for Apple Silicon it's breaking a lot of songs in Apple Silicon Reason.
I see the same discussion is happening for other DAWs too https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=244961

LittleBoy

02 May 2023

I still have the problem of plugins that open in tabs workin in full screen mode, and now I've also lost the Roland Cloud plugins (they don't even show up in the plugin manager). Of course, the difference in consumption of the program and the plugins is beastly.

buddard
RE Developer

02 May 2023

MikeTheMan990 wrote:
02 May 2023
So does this mean that the Codemeter software is no longer required at all for Reason anymore? I can completely uninstall it from my system?
Yes, if you're only using Reason 12.6 you can safely remove Codemeter.

buddard
RE Developer

02 May 2023

LittleBoy wrote:
02 May 2023
I still have the problem of plugins that open in tabs workin in full screen mode,
Have you checked the "Prefer tabs" setting in System Preferences --> General? I think that might affect the behaviour of full screen windows.
and now I've also lost the Roland Cloud plugins (they don't even show up in the plugin manager). Of course, the difference in consumption of the program and the plugins is beastly.
The problem with the Roland Cloud plugins is that the VST (and AAX) versions don't support Apple Silicon natively, only the AU versions do that (see this page for details). So to run the Roland Cloud VSTs in Reason you have to run Reason in Rosetta mode...

buddard
RE Developer

02 May 2023

Pingafuego wrote:
02 May 2023
And how is CPU hit for Intel Macs? Same performance as before?
The arm64 (Apple Silicon) version of Reason is a separate binary, so the Intel version should run like before. But during the course of Reason 12 development there have been significant improvements in parallel audio processing performance that also benefits the Intel version.

LittleBoy

02 May 2023

Have you checked the "Prefer tabs" setting in System Preferences --> General? I think that might affect the behaviour of full screen windows.
Yes, and it fails regardless whether it is selected or not. From Reason Studios they have told me that I am not the only one, but that they do not know why it is or if they will be able to solve it.
The problem with the Roland Cloud plugins is that the VST (and AAX) versions don't support Apple Silicon natively
It's true. I read it the other day in relation to the v2 versions of Roland Cloud. That's why Zenology does work correctly. Thanks, I didn't remember that detail, thanks. I have to wait for Roland to update the rest of the plugins.

Zerosity

02 May 2023

Zerosity wrote:
02 May 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
02 May 2023

Didn't work last time I tried, but I suppose I should try again with 12.6.
I think if Reason Studios allowed us to pass the phrem download links as an argument to authorize.exe from the command line, that might be a workable solution, but I doubt they'd waste the dev effort for such a small set of users. Only hope is for Linux desktop market share to grow, but that's been the same mantra since the 90s (this is the year of Linux on the desktop).
And I just discovered that authorizer.exe actually does accept the phrem link and I was just an idiot with my previous attempts. I got it working this time by downloading ABL3 and checked that it actually worked in Reason under Wine. It also worked when I used ya-bridge to load RRP into Renoise and Bitwig on Linux (currently I am on Nobara [modified Fedora], but it should work on any other distro).

I am going to take some screenshots and document the process. I'll post it all in the previous Linux thread we had going in the RRP sub-forum.

EnochLight

02 May 2023

buddard wrote:
02 May 2023
MikeTheMan990 wrote:
02 May 2023
Yes, if you're only using Reason 12.6 you can safely remove Codemeter.
Good point. That said, if you still have Reason 11 or previous versions installed and ever want to run them, then leave Codemeter installed. ;) :thumbup:

dvdrtldg

02 May 2023

Here's what's happening to me:

1. Launch Reason, dialog appears telling me that some REs need to be updated
2. Go to RS website, find my account, hit Sync All, Authorizer launches
3. After a while, a get a cascading series of dialogs telling me that all REs are now updated
4. Close Authorizer, quit & re-launch Reason. Dialog appears telling me that some REs need to be updated

etc etc etc. I've repeated the cycle five or six times now (for variety, sometimes I try quitting Reason at the end of step 1). Anyone else getting this?

QVprod

02 May 2023

Remote support added for
  • Arturia
    • Keylab mkII
    • Keylab Essentials
    • Microfreak
  • [*]Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol A49/A61/M32
  • Novation Impulse series
  • Updated Remote mapping for a large number of controllers
Hopefully this doesn’t mean they added support for the Komplete A controllers and sloped the S series…

I have both, but the S is the one in my setup

PhillipOrdonez

02 May 2023

SebAudio wrote:
02 May 2023
deeplink wrote:
02 May 2023

Remote support added for
  • Arturia
  • Microfreak
What a great add ! Microfreak and Europa share a lot of features, near 1:1 when using only one oscillator
What does this mean for those with a mf?

• Information