Reason 12.6 Released (Apple Silicon, Offline Mode)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
Re8et
Competition Winner
Posts: 1516
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 05 May 2023

MattiasHG wrote:
05 May 2023

[*] If you have an RE that is an older version than the latest released one of that RE, it might not have a Silicon version. [/list]

In this last case you need to actually update your version of that RE. This is what DaveyG referred to, you do that through your account page or the shop. Sync All doesn't update to new point versions after feedback from users that they wanted to manually choose to update a version rather than when hitting Sync All.
OK... fixed, thanks.
So this is how it looks like, we have to manually go through.
Screenshot 2023-05-05 alle 21.02.59.jpg
Older version RE that did not get an update... mmmh not sure... Expert Sleepers might be one?
It's not even any more on the download sync page, but it has got product page and the download is there:

Released: 2013-06-13
Version: 1.0.0

So this is an Intel and won't see a M1 update? Just guessing, I don't really use it anymore.
Should I remove it from my M1 Reason? Could it break something having only Intel REs?
Any conflicts that might freak Reason out to run some Rosetta plugin mixed with native????


Screenshot 2023-05-05 alle 21.20.47.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
kuhliloach
Posts: 881
Joined: 09 Dec 2015

Post 05 May 2023

It took several hours of painful work to get through this upgrade but I finally did it. After a Sync All the new version kept giving RE errors but without providing the simple RE name. So I searched on Google by copy/pasting the string shown in the error box and with this info I was able to track down the offending RE. But sadly, Reason still would not load--it kept giving further RE errors. So I tried Sync All again but it still didn't work. One after another, Reason just would not load. Eventually I realized there were RE's that had to be updated manually. This makes no sense. Why would the user need to click Update buttons on individual RE's when the purpose is basic compatibility? These should have been updated automatically with the installation of the new version. What a nightmare this whole thing is.

User avatar
DaveyG
Posts: 2582
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 05 May 2023

kuhliloach wrote:
05 May 2023
It took several hours of painful work to get through this upgrade but I finally did it.
But the nightmare is over now. :thumbup:

User avatar
The_G
Posts: 558
Joined: 17 Jan 2016
Location: Los Angeles

Post 05 May 2023

Is there a way to restore Reason 11? I can't automate parameters in Logic using the Reason Rack Plugin and this is a disaster for my album in progress.
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

User avatar
Last Alternative
Posts: 1344
Joined: 20 Jan 2015
Location: the lost desert

Post 06 May 2023

Oooo I was gonna use Reason in Logic. But honestly I’m so comfortable with Reason that I may have wasted my money buying Logic. Time will tell.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

lzap
Posts: 130
Joined: 08 Jan 2017

Post 06 May 2023

Last Alternative wrote:
04 May 2023
OK RS - The other night I jumped thru hoops to delete and re-sync all my REs. They all said Apple besides the "it.lenotelive.ReceiveNotes.1.1.2" which is a fail.
Now I tried to open Reason and now it's telling me VSTs aren't on my computer which is weird since it didn't say that when I updated and made music the other night..
So I just synced my REs AGAIN because they all said Intel. After syncing, there are still about 5 or so that say Intel. See pics. Do I need to uninstall/reinstall Reason at this point? Geez
I reported this to Props on Monday. Happens to the devices which I owned prior they gave us it for free with the program. E.g. Radical Piano.

User avatar
MattiasHG
Reason Studios
Posts: 499
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 08 May 2023

Re8et wrote:
05 May 2023
MattiasHG wrote:
05 May 2023

[*] If you have an RE that is an older version than the latest released one of that RE, it might not have a Silicon version. [/list]

In this last case you need to actually update your version of that RE. This is what DaveyG referred to, you do that through your account page or the shop. Sync All doesn't update to new point versions after feedback from users that they wanted to manually choose to update a version rather than when hitting Sync All.
Released: 2013-06-13
Version: 1.0.0

So this is an Intel and won't see a M1 update? Just guessing, I don't really use it anymore.
Should I remove it from my M1 Reason? Could it break something having only Intel REs?
Any conflicts that might freak Reason out to run some Rosetta plugin mixed with native????
No, I think you've misunderstood. When I said latest version, I meant we simply re-compiled the latest available version of each RE to be Silicon native. This means that if the latest version of the Expert Sleepers RE is 1.0.0, that one is Silicon native.

And no, intel REs won't break something. You can still run Reason in Rosetta mode to run VSTs that are intel. Same for REs (but again, the latest version of all REs are silicon native)

User avatar
Murf
RE Developer
Posts: 668
Joined: 21 Jun 2019
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Post 08 May 2023

MattiasHG wrote:
08 May 2023
Re8et wrote:
05 May 2023

Released: 2013-06-13
Version: 1.0.0

So this is an Intel and won't see a M1 update? Just guessing, I don't really use it anymore.
Should I remove it from my M1 Reason? Could it break something having only Intel REs?
Any conflicts that might freak Reason out to run some Rosetta plugin mixed with native????
No, I think you've misunderstood. When I said latest version, I meant we simply re-compiled the latest available version of each RE to be Silicon native. This means that if the latest version of the Expert Sleepers RE is 1.0.0, that one is Silicon native.

And no, intel REs won't break something. You can still run Reason in Rosetta mode to run VSTs that are intel. Same for REs (but again, the latest version of all REs are silicon native)
Hi Mattias, how do we ensure that RE beta testers can get Silicon builds please?
Thanks,
Murf.

User avatar
MattiasHG
Reason Studios
Posts: 499
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 08 May 2023

The_G wrote:
05 May 2023
Is there a way to restore Reason 11? I can't automate parameters in Logic using the Reason Rack Plugin and this is a disaster for my album in progress.
Report this to support, nothing should've changed with parameter automation. I just double checked and I'm still able to automate parameters in Logic using Reason Rack Plugin, so it'd be very helpful to get your report in case it's something with a particular configuration.

Image

User avatar
MattiasHG
Reason Studios
Posts: 499
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 08 May 2023

Murf wrote:
08 May 2023
Hi Mattias, how do we ensure that RE beta testers can get Silicon builds please?
Thanks,
Murf.
The entire build pipeline builds REs for both PC and Mac (Intel/Silicon) now so any new build should be Silicon ready automatically.

User avatar
Murf
RE Developer
Posts: 668
Joined: 21 Jun 2019
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Post 08 May 2023

MattiasHG wrote:
08 May 2023
Murf wrote:
08 May 2023
Hi Mattias, how do we ensure that RE beta testers can get Silicon builds please?
Thanks,
Murf.
The entire build pipeline builds REs for both PC and Mac (Intel/Silicon) now so any new build should be Silicon ready automatically.
Great thanks, I will let them know.

Heater
Posts: 897
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 08 May 2023

Murf wrote:
08 May 2023
MattiasHG wrote:
08 May 2023


The entire build pipeline builds REs for both PC and Mac (Intel/Silicon) now so any new build should be Silicon ready automatically.
Great thanks, I will let them know.
Brilliant. Will have a look this morning.

User avatar
buddard
RE Developer
Posts: 1248
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 09 May 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
04 May 2023
OK so I've done Sync All a bunch of times, and manually re-downloaded a bunch of REs, and now when I launch Reason I get a dialogue telling me that one RE is broken - Kitchen Sync by Josh Levy

I've manually re-downloaded Kitchen Sync but I still get the error message on launch, and Kitchen Sync doesn't show up in the browser. Authorizer indicates that it's still Intel only

It's a very early RE, and not one of my particular favourites, but I do have old sessions that use it. What are my options here?
The Apple Silicon version of Kitchen Sync was missing, it should work now if you try to sync again or reinstall it! Please make sure to run the latest version, 1.1.0.

User avatar
dvdrtldg
Posts: 2405
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 09 May 2023

buddard wrote:
09 May 2023
The Apple Silicon version of Kitchen Sync was missing, it should work now if you try to sync again or reinstall it! Please make sure to run the latest version, 1.1.0.
Done!

But now when I launch Reason, it tells me that Strontium 90 (Audio Poison) is the problem. And when I scroll through my REs in the Authorizer, I now see that a large number of them are still showing up as Intel only (including Strontium 90)

So what's the deal here - does this mean that native M1 versions of these REs aren't yet available? Or is it simply telling me that the versions I currently hold haven't been updated (in spite of repeated Sync All), and I need to go through & manually update them one by one from the product page?

User avatar
buddard
RE Developer
Posts: 1248
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 10 May 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
09 May 2023
buddard wrote:
09 May 2023
The Apple Silicon version of Kitchen Sync was missing, it should work now if you try to sync again or reinstall it! Please make sure to run the latest version, 1.1.0.
Done!

But now when I launch Reason, it tells me that Strontium 90 (Audio Poison) is the problem. And when I scroll through my REs in the Authorizer, I now see that a large number of them are still showing up as Intel only (including Strontium 90)

So what's the deal here - does this mean that native M1 versions of these REs aren't yet available? Or is it simply telling me that the versions I currently hold haven't been updated (in spite of repeated Sync All), and I need to go through & manually update them one by one from the product page?
All RE's should be Apple Silicon native now, I'm pretty sure that KitchenSync was the last one.
As you say you might have to update them one by one in your product pages before syncing again -- I wasn't aware that the Sync All behaviour had changed.
Only the latest version of each RE is available for Apple Silicon, plus every version that precedes a paid upgrade, of course.

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3465
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 10 May 2023

buddard wrote:
10 May 2023
As you say you might have to update them one by one in your product pages before syncing again -- I wasn't aware that the Sync All behaviour had changed.
yes it has changed... same thing happened to me updating to reason 12 from 11
I had to download many racks one by one... sync all missed 90 percent of racks or more...
At least authorizer now opens 100 times faster with this release> and the needed support for two of my controllers was added.
Although I have not had the time to explore this fully yet. Excited that some of the non functional buttons may now work as advertised. They work in Live well, but I prefer using reason.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

User avatar
sonicbyte
Posts: 348
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Argentina

Post 11 May 2023

Is possible to keep Reason 10 alongside v12.6 with this update without losing access to R10 ?
I mean, if this uninstall codemeter related stuff...
I still need R10 available due an old vst library instrument I lost serial and R12 doesn't recognize as "bought"

Thanks

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 11228
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 11 May 2023

sonicbyte wrote:
11 May 2023
Is possible to keep Reason 10 alongside v12.6 with this update without losing access to R10 ?
I mean, if this uninstall codemeter related stuff...
I still need R10 available due an old vst library instrument I lost serial and R12 doesn't recognize as "bought"

Thanks
Hum...i have R11 and R12 in parallel. So it should work...
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
buddard
RE Developer
Posts: 1248
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 11 May 2023

sonicbyte wrote:
11 May 2023
Is possible to keep Reason 10 alongside v12.6 with this update without losing access to R10 ?
I mean, if this uninstall codemeter related stuff...
Yes! Reason 12.6 doesn't uninstall any codemeter stuff, it has just stopped using it.
I still need R10 available due an old vst library instrument I lost serial and R12 doesn't recognize as "bought"
I'm not sure what you mean by that? Reason certainly doesn't check any licenses of third party VSTs. Are you on Mac or Windows?

User avatar
Last Alternative
Posts: 1344
Joined: 20 Jan 2015
Location: the lost desert

Post 14 May 2023

So yeah it's clear to me now that if you wanna use this update without running thru Rosetta then you better delete all your VST2s and only use VST3 because at least for me that's all that works. I mean to say that VST2 str8 up doesn't work for me in 12.6 at all so there's that. But otherwise, once I switched up to VST3 R12 is a champ now and my computer doesn't break a sweat. We just gotta keep up with the times yo.
FYI
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

DJMaytag
Posts: 723
Joined: 17 Jun 2015
Location: Madison, WI

Post 18 May 2023

Is there a way to keep 12.5.2 and also have 12.6.x installed? I have a few plugins that aren't Mx native yet that I might want to be able to go back and use in certain situations.

User avatar
buddard
RE Developer
Posts: 1248
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 18 May 2023

DJMaytag wrote:
18 May 2023
Is there a way to keep 12.5.2 and also have 12.6.x installed? I have a few plugins that aren't Mx native yet that I might want to be able to go back and use in certain situations.
No, but you can start 12.6.x in backwards compatible mode!

1. Open your Applications folder in Finder
2. Right click on Reason 12
3. Choose "Get Info"
4. In the dialog that opens, check the box "Open using Rosetta"

That's it! The next time you launch Reason, it will run the Intel version and your old plugins will be available.
Conversely, uncheck the box and restart Reason when you want to run native again.

DJMaytag
Posts: 723
Joined: 17 Jun 2015
Location: Madison, WI

Post 18 May 2023

That works.

User avatar
Rising Night Wave
Posts: 1221
Joined: 03 Sep 2019
Location: Vransko, Slovenia

Post 22 May 2023

last time i had reason+ it was one or two months ago. it was v12.5.
today i installed reason+ v12.6 ... and it starts so f* faster. d'best. very good.

thumbs up.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

klausn
Posts: 7
Joined: 03 May 2023

Post 01 Jun 2023

Hi everyone,

Can someone help me understand the discontinuation of the old authorization?
I'm on 11 - and for money reasons not going to upgrade at the moment. Does this mean that I will only be able to use Reason where there's internet access?

Cheers,
Klaus

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], DotNetDotCom.org [Bot], Electric-Metal, raffito9, Rising Night Wave and 3 guests