Reason 12.6 Released (Apple Silicon, Offline Mode)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jengstrom
Reason Studios

13 Jun 2023

EnochLight wrote:
08 Jun 2023
As for Reason, all assets are now in high-res for Reason 12, but Reason has to ping the server and download said assets at least once. If you want to prompt Reason to do it all over again, then delete the high-res assets in the Graphics Cache content folder when Reason isn't running, and then start Reason. It will need to be online, but it will ping RS servers and download the high-res assets for each device. This means you need to load everything at least one time. EVERYTHING. Yeah, it sucks - but them's the breaks.

Graphics Cache locations:

macOS: ~/Library/Caches/Reason/GraphicsCache
Windows: C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Propellerhead Software\Reason\GraphicsCache
I want to clear up a little bit of confusion here.

The hi-res graphic packs for REs are only ever downloaded when you install the RE (or "upgrade to hi-res" - same thing but only adds the hi-res files) using Reason+ Companion (or Authorizer). This is unlike how you get the add-ons for arm64 on Mac - Reason downloads any missing ones on start-up (motivated because REs can't work without the DSP module, while they could fall back to lo-res graphics).

Those (hi-res graphics) files are stored with the RE - not in GraphicsCache.

GraphicsCache is just a cache used to avoid redoing high quality downscaling to the app zoom levels you use.
It will always be filled in again if cleared, so you can clear it whenever you like (while Reason is not running).

The only thing that happens if the GraphicsCache is gone, is that the first time you see some graphics in some zoom level, the user interface will work a little harder for some seconds, and briefly show blurry graphics. So there is no pinging of any server related to GraphicsCache. It is entirely offline.

The initial hi-res graphics packs for some REs had issues, and were replaced with fixed ones later on the servers as we discovered / received reports of this.

If you had already installed hi-res for such a RE, you would have to uninstall and reinstall the entire RE (while Reason is not running) to get the updated hi-res graphics.

Here is where I think the confusion came from: In some cases, after uninstall+reinstall of a RE to get such a hi-res update, the GraphicsCache directory must be cleared, or you could still see some of the graphics from before the update.

If you still see some RE hi-res graphics that are wrong, you can quit Reason, uninstall and reinstall the RE, clear GraphicsCache and try again.
If it's not fixed, please report it to RS. In a few cases some visual issues in RE/hi-res can't be fixed by RS, and only the manufacturer can fix them.

anDre

14 Jun 2023

QVprod wrote:
09 Jun 2023
anDre wrote:
09 Jun 2023

I don't zoom.
Reason's zoom is set to standard 100% and i don't use the Windows zoom.

It's not that the graphics are blurry, it's that the fonts mainly in the browser and Sequencer are thick and blurry in R12 other than in R10 where they thinner and sharp.

Strangely enough, if I zoom R12 to 200% then the fonts are no longer thick and blurry, but then everything is much too big on my 27" monitor.

:?
Got it. Yep that’s likely a bug.
You're probably right. So unfortunately I have to wait to upgrade to R12 until this bug is fixed. I can't look at this blurry text for too long, it's not fun to work with and it hurts my eyes. :(

I guess I have to keep my fingers crossed that my R10 offline authorization doesn't somehow break after September 25th. :reason:

StevenSperry

18 Jun 2023

helpful information

manoob

14 Jul 2023

ok the m1 update gives far too many issues, from crashes to some vst stops working sometimes, cpu spikes, at one start one mix channel was distorting I used a different channel it worked fine.... not sure what's going on on propelelheads to release this like this.. got m1 Mac Pro... had too many problems with reason last few years ...need better quality control.. the standards gone down massively...right now I can't open a project it crashes 50% of the time on opening the project...

RobBarnett

14 Jul 2023

manoob wrote:
14 Jul 2023
ok the m1 update gives far too many issues, from crashes to some vst stops working sometimes, cpu spikes, at one start one mix channel was distorting I used a different channel it worked fine.... not sure what's going on on propelelheads to release this like this.. got m1 Mac Pro... had too many problems with reason last few years ...need better quality control.. the standards gone down massively...right now I can't open a project it crashes 50% of the time on opening the project...
It's running great for me. No issues on MBP M1 Max 32GB

DJMaytag

14 Jul 2023

Just throwing this out there, in case anyone else sees this issue… but I had to reboot my M1 Max Studio to get the visualizations on all instances of my FabFilter plugins to work. They suddenly stopped working, and I have no idea why. Even restarting Reason (both the stable and latest version) didn’t solve the issue, but a reboot of the machine did for some reason.

manoob

14 Jul 2023

I did a clean reinstall, it got worse, now I can't open project file at all.. reason crashes halfway it uploading vsts
where can I download previous versions of reason...
as previous guy mention I think this are vst related. really need to do better with updates every time I update reason last year its been trouble...

manoob

14 Jul 2023

found a fix to rescue project file, it opened but wasn't playing properly so I opened a new project file copy pasted all channels and saved it.... now it works... weird shit...:0. spent half a day try to fix it

helmutson

18 Jul 2023

I'm still on 12.5 and wanna do the upgrade to 12.6. Is it right that I have to reinstall every single RE from RS ?
Thats what popped up, after I run through the installationprocess, "syncronize all" on the RS homepage .
I have every single RE from RS and that takes a lot of time ...

deeplink
Competition Winner

18 Jul 2023

helmutson wrote:
18 Jul 2023
I'm still on 12.5 and wanna do the upgrade to 12.6. Is it right that I have to reinstall every single RE from RS ?
Thats what popped up, after I run through the installationprocess, "syncronize all" on the RS homepage .
If you have to reinstall your RE's then you're doing something wrong.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

DJMaytag

18 Jul 2023

helmutson wrote:
18 Jul 2023
Only if you were running Reason in Rosetta and are going to use it in M1 Native mode. You’ll need to update everything you want to have in Reason, otherwise you won’t have those RE’s available.

FWIW, I took this opportunity to delete a ton of RE’s that I don’t ever use, so this could be a good thing if you’re feeling too cluttered.

helmutson

18 Jul 2023

DJMaytag wrote:
18 Jul 2023
helmutson wrote:
18 Jul 2023
Only if you were running Reason in Rosetta and are going to use it in M1 Native mode. You’ll need to update everything you want to have in Reason, otherwise you won’t have those RE’s available.

FWIW, I took this opportunity to delete a ton of RE’s that I don’t ever use, so this could be a good thing if you’re feeling too cluttered.
Yes, I'm on a M1 Macmini and until now I used the Rosetta mode. That are bad news , 20+ gb reinstalling ... thanx

GRC

19 Jul 2023

I'm on an M1, and with Rosetta, I felt that I was getting worse performance than I had with Reason 10 on my ancient i7 from 2013... I thought that in almost 10 years, computers would have evolved enough that an entry-level machine will still be an upgrade for me, but I was disappointed at the initial performance when I switched to the Mac Air. With this latest update, I did feel a big performance improvement. I have worked on a few projects and it has been really stable for me, I have not had a single crash.

manoob

20 Jul 2023

a bit sick of reason and its problems, last few years....
every update made to worse, right now I have started a project 6 times and it does weird shit, can't load some vets or song start some audio plays not as it should and so on, last update issues the one before issues. reason had one thing in the Past it was reliable. now I waste so much time on fixing issues, it can't find some vsts like my Softube one...
my plan is to move to logic now I think, it seems people calling the shot at reason just are incapable this days on putting focus on right places. first stability, second compitabilty/ease of use, niow who gives a toss how many new synth you can add if the basses dosent work properly.had windows changed to Mac M1 Pro and still ....
they need new leadership at their company.
if you can't trust a daw to do basic requirements than it is useless , there are so many synth plugins alreadty there, use the fire power of you staff focused on the right places... I know reason in out which is a little sad to change but fuck me the amount of time I am wasting on fixing issues instead of writing songs makes reason pointless

moalla

20 Jul 2023

The only real every time problem I have now, is the usage of retouch grid64G together with a launchpad mk2 and it’s connection. When after several R12.6 restarts the connection between the sequencer RE and the controller working, often after a unspecific time the controller stops to receive midisignals and acts only ass input device. Ass well I realized their some problems with suspend mode and usb connections under Win10 h21
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

manoob

20 Jul 2023

anyone know where I can find older version of reason? I have to salvage my song than get logic... to much of risk using reason to be honest..

EnochLight

20 Jul 2023

manoob wrote:
20 Jul 2023
anyone know where I can find older version of reason? I have to salvage my song than get logic... to much of risk using reason to be honest..
If you own a license for it, most previous versions of Reason are available in your account via download. Also, if you think that Logic and MacOS isn't without its own set a problems and growing pains, I've got a bridge to sell you. :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Overtherainbow

20 Jul 2023

manoob wrote:
20 Jul 2023
Here's a link to 11.3.6 https://www.reasonstudios.com/download/reason1136 which is the most solid build of them all, as well as the most suitable for older hardware because it's pre- hi res.

To get the download for a different build, just change the numbers at the end, for instance 1253 is the build previous to the current patch (https://www.reasonstudios.com/download/reason1253).

manoob

21 Jul 2023

oh thank you guys! I managed to get my audio out of the project but I have to mix and everything all over again :(
started on it again on new project on reason but it keeps crashing!!!! 3 times already today!
its basically turned into a pain to work with reason , at least on logic it won't crash so many times and getting the project files corrupted...
love reason but this makes it hard to continuo with it unless they come with fix quickly.
I spent all day yesterday on that. a whole day wasted, than again last week lost a whole day, since their m1 version came it been crashing.. my problem with reason is they just got with some new synth right, its cool thing object but why use resources on that when the whole bread and butter of a daw is the daw it self. if you keep getting problems with the basic stuff you will leave the daw and they will lose users...as said their leaders need to place better prioritising on what to fix and everything... we still don't have grouping on reason for example which I found so use full when tried it on other daws... or 32 bit to get more headroom which would be so useful. more than object for all of users..as said there so many better synth plugins out There like Omnisphere,trillian,diva,hive, this are my go to synths. and cover all my needs to be honest.
as said their leadership needs someone with a better vision to take reason forward....
thanks again I have to go back to rosetta version I think...

bxbrkrz

21 Jul 2023

manoob wrote:
21 Jul 2023
oh thank you guys! I managed to get my audio out of the project but I have to mix and everything all over again :(
started on it again on new project on reason but it keeps crashing!!!! 3 times already today!
its basically turned into a pain to work with reason , at least on logic it won't crash so many times and getting the project files corrupted...
love reason but this makes it hard to continuo with it unless they come with fix quickly.
I spent all day yesterday on that. a whole day wasted, than again last week lost a whole day, since their m1 version came it been crashing.. my problem with reason is they just got with some new synth right, its cool thing object but why use resources on that when the whole bread and butter of a daw is the daw it self. if you keep getting problems with the basic stuff you will leave the daw and they will lose users...as said their leaders need to place better prioritising on what to fix and everything... we still don't have grouping on reason for example which I found so use full when tried it on other daws... or 32 bit to get more headroom which would be so useful. more than object for all of users..as said there so many better synth plugins out There like Omnisphere,trillian,diva,hive, this are my go to synths. and cover all my needs to be honest.
as said their leadership needs someone with a better vision to take reason forward....
thanks again I have to go back to rosetta version I think...
Good luck. On PC, R11, waiting patiently for R13.

I always thought of Reason as some kind of high-end watchmaking, but with codes obviously. You fine tune your core product to unattainable perfection. I still believe that's the case with Reason. I have to.

Reason has a good track record of keeping your files safe, they can be opened from Reason 1. But no proprietary file format is safe for long term archiving, everything breaks eventually. See this sad situation as an opportunity to make backups that can be played anytime in the future, on any software or hardware. FLAC + 7zip for audio files are great.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

manoob

28 Jul 2023

hi the issues don't seem to go away. reason keeps crashing today when opening project. it seems if I open smaller project first than the one that didn't open it opens, but half of the time things run in in mismatch tempo??? lol
reason turning into absolute joke to use.. I have to get all my projects somehow transferred to logic. I can't work like this with such a terrible daw that reason has turned into.
I wanted to downgrade to rosetta but thought that's a waste of time. just start using logic probably the safest solution now it seems. rosetta reason had its issues too... but nothing as bad as this

manoob

28 Jul 2023

realised I got luna free with my ua hardware.. had a go .. I like it. and its 32 bit audio ... sound quality feels better than reason. and the Neve and api summing are great stuff.
lets give it few more days hopefully it stays as my main daw now ..
I wasted so much time with reason on fixing it the wasn't anymore a choice but leave to be honest..

Jagwah

06 Aug 2023

manoob wrote:
28 Jul 2023
realised I got luna free with my ua hardware.. had a go .. I like it. and its 32 bit audio ... sound quality feels better than reason. and the Neve and api summing are great stuff.
I wasted so much time with reason on fixing it the wasn't anymore a choice but leave to be honest..
It's a real shame people spent a lot of time dealing with issues like you have been. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to drop back a version or two of Reason. Reason 10 is really solid.

jaeproduced

06 Aug 2023

Jagwah wrote:
06 Aug 2023
manoob wrote:
28 Jul 2023
It's a real shame people spent a lot of time dealing with issues like you have been. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to drop back a version or two of Reason. Reason 10 is really solid.
I believe it was stated that Reason 13 at this point is a No Go and that they would just continue with free updates for a while...Interesting to see what's next everything promise in Reason 12 has been finished.

manoob

09 Aug 2023

reason 10 is cool and solid compare to this ones.. but world is changing , after trying luna I know its better for my music to use it ,cause I can get better quality of sound. now using 32bit is more resource hungery, which I noticed I can't load as many vsts as I did on reason and I like reason visual way of working, but it seems the daw haven't matured as much as it should.
the other thing I noticed using vsts, specifically Ua own one just work so much easier with all parameters being able to automate which you can't on reason on many vsts... that is big time saver!
now I got apollo sound interface which worlks seamlessly with luna. understand not everyone using them...
I still might jump into reason for production work I think than move things to luna later?? maybe. reason has its benefits too but they need to get stable and really get the 32 bit float sound... grouping....
the other great thing is using arm for no latency while recording , really helpful...
luna is still a new daw so hopefully they can refine it more.... but ts here to stay.
o won't be upgrading my reason anymore unless they come with something ground breaking.
instead of wasting time making new synth vets they should incorporate Ai so mixing becomes easier inside the daw it self, like showing conflicting channels where frequencies collide so you quickly can find what you do..... there so much they could do but they need leaders with a vision....

• Information