More Reason update speculation...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EnochLight

19 Apr 2023

So, something interesting as Reason Studios just posted a (presumably upcoming Sound Pack coming) (since released Sound pack in 2022) to their social media. Check out what it's called:

phonk.jpg
phonk.jpg (79.18 KiB) Viewed 3943 times

Now here's where it gets interesting - in the VST3 promo video from 4 months ago, there are several things scribbled on the white board that many assumed were a joke, but PHONK was one of them. Check it out here:

phonky_phonk_phonk.jpg
phonky_phonk_phonk.jpg (120.87 KiB) Viewed 3943 times

So the million dollar question is: are the other items jokes, or actual updates in the pipe? If we assume that most or all are real in the whiteboard "Doing" section, then we have:

Phonk < this was released in 2022, so - fin!
Reason on the web
Youtube (obviously likely)
Collabs (very likely)
Research on JT
MF can be big
HR?
Willie?
* Bonus - a random Post-It says "Guitar or Mimic?" < this was removed for a "2022" done thing

Speculate! :lol:

The video:

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Noise
Competition Winner

19 Apr 2023

Well, I asked our friend GTP, what could it be:

In the context of audio software, "JT" could refer to:

Joint Time-Frequency Analysis: This refers to a type of signal processing technique that combines time-domain and frequency-domain analysis to extract information from audio signals. It is commonly used in areas such as audio compression, speech processing, and music analysis.

JackTrip: JackTrip is an open-source software application for high-quality, low-latency audio network performance. It is used for networked music performance, where musicians can play together remotely in real-time, as if they were in the same room. JackTrip uses the Internet to connect musicians and provides low-latency audio streaming capabilities.

Jitter: Jitter refers to the variation in the timing of audio events, which can cause irregularities in the playback of audio signals. In some audio software, "JT" may refer to a feature or setting related to managing or reducing jitter in audio processing or playback.

Jet Tone: Jet Tone is a brand of trumpet mouthpieces known for their distinctive bright and powerful tone. In some audio software, "JT" may refer to a specific model or type of Jet Tone mouthpiece that is used as a reference for audio processing or simulation.
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

PhillipOrdonez

19 Apr 2023

Turns out phonk is a rap genre.

EnochLight

19 Apr 2023

Noise wrote:
19 Apr 2023
Well, I asked our friend GTP, what could it be:

In the context of audio software, "JT" could refer to:

Joint Time-Frequency Analysis: This refers to a type of signal processing technique that combines time-domain and frequency-domain analysis to extract information from audio signals. It is commonly used in areas such as audio compression, speech processing, and music analysis.

JackTrip: JackTrip is an open-source software application for high-quality, low-latency audio network performance. It is used for networked music performance, where musicians can play together remotely in real-time, as if they were in the same room. JackTrip uses the Internet to connect musicians and provides low-latency audio streaming capabilities.

Jitter: Jitter refers to the variation in the timing of audio events, which can cause irregularities in the playback of audio signals. In some audio software, "JT" may refer to a feature or setting related to managing or reducing jitter in audio processing or playback.

Jet Tone: Jet Tone is a brand of trumpet mouthpieces known for their distinctive bright and powerful tone. In some audio software, "JT" may refer to a specific model or type of Jet Tone mouthpiece that is used as a reference for audio processing or simulation.
I'll go out on a limb and assume trumpet stuff is not one of the possibilities. :lol: But out of the other three, I hope it's Joint Time-Frequency Analysis. That could be several different things, including stem separation (hello Serato/RX Audio)! This could benefit Reason DAW proper as well as a new Rack Extension. JackTrip is certainly a possibility though, especially if the "Reason on the web" scribble is to be believed. Jitter seems too obscure to make it an Easter-egg of something they're working on, IMHO.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

vondersulzburg

19 Apr 2023

ChatGPT:
"Phonk" is a genre of music that emerged in the 2010s, characterized by its heavy use of samples from 90s-era gangsta rap and Memphis rap, as well as its emphasis on slowed-down, chopped-up beats. The genre is often associated with underground producers who share their music on platforms like SoundCloud and Bandcamp. Phonk has been described as a sub-genre of "lo-fi hip hop," and its popularity has grown in recent years, with artists like DJ Smokey, Soudiere, and Ghostrage gaining recognition within the phonk community.

Research on JT
I'm sorry, but I would need more information to provide an accurate response. "JT" could refer to many different things or people, such as a person's initials, a company name, or an abbreviation for a term. Can you please provide more context or specify what you are looking for information on?

JT ReasonStudio
JT is a music producer and sound designer who creates content for the Reason software platform by Reason Studios. Reason is a digital audio workstation (DAW) that is used for music production and sound design. JT has created a variety of sound packs and sample libraries for Reason, which include drum kits, bass sounds, synth patches, and other elements that can be used in music production. These sound packs are designed to work seamlessly with Reason's built-in devices and effects, allowing users to easily integrate them into their projects. If you are interested in using Reason and JT's sound packs, you can visit the Reason Studios website to learn more and download them.
MacBook Air 512GB SSD 16GB RAM, Reason 11 Suite, LogicProX, FL-Studio, Live10Suite

Noise
Competition Winner

19 Apr 2023

Hope the screenshot is not only a list about specific themed sounds packs, that would be sad lol.
Phonk is already out, so cross that one out.

Also, I'm rooting for something related to JetTone trumpet mouthpieces. like a RE-mouthpiece.
You blow into the microphone. that sort of thing.
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Loque

19 Apr 2023

What does guitar in Mimic mean?
Reason12, Win10

EnochLight

19 Apr 2023

Loque wrote:
19 Apr 2023
What does guitar in Mimic mean?
No clue, but they pulled the Post-It off claiming it was complete in 2022. I thought it might be a Companion Sound Pack, but I can't find any Mimic packs mentioning guitar, so... *mystery* Probably a joke...

mimic.JPG
mimic.JPG (121.92 KiB) Viewed 3781 times

UPDATE:

My bad - it says "Guitar *OR* Mimic":
Attachments
mimic.JPG
mimic.JPG (79.48 KiB) Viewed 3725 times

StephenHutchinson

20 Apr 2023

EnochLight wrote:
19 Apr 2023
So, something interesting as Reason Studios just posted a (presumably upcoming Sound Pack coming) to their social media. Check out what it's called:

phonk.jpg

Now here's where it gets interesting - in the VST3 promo video from 4 months ago, there are several things scribbled on the white board that many assumed were a joke, but PHONK was one of them. Check it out here:

phonky_phonk_phonk.jpg

So the million dollar question is: are the other items jokes, or actual updates in the pipe? If we assume that most or all are real in the whiteboard "Doing" section, then we have:

Reason on the web
Youtube (obviously likely)
Collabs (very likely)
Research on JT
MF can be big
HR?
Willie?
* Bonus - a random Post-It says "Guitar or Mimic?" < this was removed for a "2022" done thing

Speculate! :lol:

The video:

This is a a sound pack that was released by DNA Labs on the Reason+ Companion. It shows as being last updated on September 19th, 2022.

I'd screenshot it but I don't want to get into any trouble.
Last edited by StephenHutchinson on 20 Apr 2023, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

EnochLight

20 Apr 2023

StephenHutchinson wrote:
20 Apr 2023
This is a a sound pack that was released by DNA Labs on the Reason+ Companion. It shows as being last updated on September 9th, 2022.

Phonk? Why would you get into any trouble for screen grabbing a shop page? :o

*Update: good detective work, Stephen! Guess we can cross this one off as done in 2022 as well! :lol: :clap:

phonky_chicken.jpg
phonky_chicken.jpg (140.83 KiB) Viewed 3478 times

StephenHutchinson

20 Apr 2023

Oops my typo.. "9th" should have been "19th"... fixed now.

StephenHutchinson

20 Apr 2023

EnochLight wrote:
20 Apr 2023
StephenHutchinson wrote:
20 Apr 2023
This is a a sound pack that was released by DNA Labs on the Reason+ Companion. It shows as being last updated on September 9th, 2022.

Phonk? Why would you get into any trouble for screen grabbing a shop page? :o

*Update: good detective work, Stephen! Guess we can cross this one off as done in 2022 as well! :lol: :clap:

phonky_chicken.jpg
Not sure if sharing a screenshot of R+ stuff would be in any kind of violation copyright-wise. :puf_smile:

EnochLight

20 Apr 2023

StephenHutchinson wrote:
20 Apr 2023
Not sure if sharing a screenshot of R+ stuff would be in any kind of violation copyright-wise. :puf_smile:
It isn't - share all the R+ screen grabs you want! :thumbup:

gbuck

20 Apr 2023

EnochLight wrote:
20 Apr 2023
StephenHutchinson wrote:
20 Apr 2023
It isn't - share all the R+ screen grabs you want! :thumbup:
Just wondering, are the R+ sound packs available to purchase now for us stand-aloner's?

EnochLight

20 Apr 2023

gbuck wrote:
20 Apr 2023
Just wondering, are the R+ sound packs available to purchase now for us stand-aloner's?
Not that I know of. It's still a R+ exclusive. Gotta' sub to get access to all that free content.

• Information