I want to create a classical pipe organ

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Robintes

12 Apr 2023

Classical music on Reason seems to be totally ignored? I have seen offerings from Garritan and Milan and they drop a buzz word VST but no info except it can be used by Sibelius Notation. They have an impressive collection of old church organs (audio samples?) but no infor how you could get these covered on Midi etc for use within Reason 10/12.

Anyone been here? suggestions pls :clap:

kitekrazy

12 Apr 2023

There's plenty out there. Some like VSL, Spitfire, use their own player while some use Kontakt.

BRIGGS

12 Apr 2023

Pangea Lakeside pipe organ, with your favorite reverb. : )
r11s

Robintes

13 Apr 2023

WOW R11s thnx 10^6, thats got me started with a base instrument to work on at least. Pangea - new one on me, strange collection ( i expected temple bells , wooden xylophone, singin bowls, gamelin, pan pipes khaen etc). Is it a clickbait taster thing meaning you gotta pay for more real soundfonts?
https://factsofindonesia.com/famous-mus ... -indonesia
R12 here i come

Robintes

14 Apr 2023

kitekrazy wrote:
12 Apr 2023
There's plenty out there. Some like VSL, Spitfire, use their own player while some use Kontakt.
VSL WOW what a PITA. So many stumblings to get registered wasted 2 hours only to find that it wanted eu200 to sign up to its Pro board to get to use VST. BUT what they dont tell you outset you have to sign up to Ilok license mgr - another convoluted PITA. Even then I wanted to try out their free Flute to see how their system worked with R12. Never got the DL

given up on VSL :puf_unhappy:

Spitfire was quite easy and got a sample up and running quickly

Its enough now 4 me to get going on

jam-s

14 Apr 2023

The free spitfire LABS instruments are also a good starter for orchestral music. If you have not seen it yet, there's also free a pipe organ.

kitekrazy

14 Apr 2023

Robintes wrote:
14 Apr 2023
kitekrazy wrote:
12 Apr 2023
VSL WOW what a PITA. So many stumblings to get registered wasted 2 hours only to find that it wanted eu200 to sign up to its Pro board to get to use VST. BUT what they dont tell you outset you have to sign up to Ilok license mgr - another convoluted PITA. Even then I wanted to try out their free Flute to see how their system worked with R12. Never got the DL

given up on VSL :puf_unhappy:

Spitfire was quite easy and got a sample up and running quickly

Its enough now 4 me to get going on
I'm a VSL fan but it was worse when they were elicenser and if you lost your dongle it was 50% of the licenses to replace them.
They are pricey for a instrument like this.

• Information