Reason 12.5.2 Released — Device filters in browser, VST3 dynamic properties & bug fixes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
petecampbell

24 Mar 2023

My performance is less optimal than before the upgrade. I'm getting CPU spikes in songs that i never had problems with ;(

joeyluck

24 Mar 2023

petecampbell wrote:
24 Mar 2023
My performance is less optimal than before the upgrade. I'm getting CPU spikes in songs that i never had problems with ;(
What version were you on previously? Was it 12.5.1? What are your audio settings? What plugins are you using?

Arpeg
Competition Winner

25 Mar 2023

*B U G

Unfortunately, an ugly bug crept into Reason 12.5.2.

The bug makes Reason 12.5.2 crash if you try to automate any Master Section parameter - or create a sequencer track for the Master Section device.

We're working to fix this bug a.s.a.p. and plan to release a bug fix update late next week.

We're terribly sorry for the inconvenience!

Meanwhile, don't automate any Master Section parameter - or create any sequencer track for the Master Section.

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... son-12-5-2

I have not encountered this yet because I've not used the master section very recently but I'm experiencing a slower file load time. Not using an external storage at the mo.. So, when I open a new track or start reason, initially, the search is slow then after that it works fast. Other than that the new browser additions are really good.

petecampbell

25 Mar 2023

joeyluck wrote:
24 Mar 2023
petecampbell wrote:
24 Mar 2023
What version were you on previously? Was it 12.5.1? What are your audio settings? What plugins are you using?
I just kept up with the update cycle, so i was the latest version before this one.
I use Arturia besides that only reason racks.

npinero1

25 Mar 2023

Arpeg wrote:
25 Mar 2023
*B U G

Unfortunately, an ugly bug crept into Reason 12.5.2.

The bug makes Reason 12.5.2 crash if you try to automate any Master Section parameter - or create a sequencer track for the Master Section device.

We're working to fix this bug a.s.a.p. and plan to release a bug fix update late next week.

We're terribly sorry for the inconvenience!

Meanwhile, don't automate any Master Section parameter - or create any sequencer track for the Master Section.

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... son-12-5-2

I have not encountered this yet because I've not used the master section very recently but I'm experiencing a slower file load time. Not using an external storage at the mo.. So, when I open a new track or start reason, initially, the search is slow then after that it works fast. Other than that the new browser additions are really good.

I can really appreciate that they found this fast and that they are getting on it right away. Kudos Reason Studios!!
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

saidnelson

25 Mar 2023

Hello guys so I installed the last update 12.5.2 and like most of you I have the bug just when finishing my project of 2 days work well I do the las fade out and Crashhhhhhhhh!!

Please guys I need some help how can I downgrade Reason to 1.5.1. I gotta give this mix to a client for tomorrow 😢 Thanks, I hope some one knows🫶

reasonwhy

25 Mar 2023

joeyluck wrote:
24 Mar 2023
reasonwhy wrote:
24 Mar 2023
Korg Triton VST3 still crashes the software
Triton and Triton Extreme VST3 work fine here. I'm on macOS.

Any steps to cause the crash?
I'm on Windows 11. I can drag the VST3 into the rack, but when I try to open it, Reason stops responding and eventually crashes to desktop.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Mar 2023

reasonwhy wrote:
25 Mar 2023
joeyluck wrote:
24 Mar 2023

Triton and Triton Extreme VST3 work fine here. I'm on macOS.

Any steps to cause the crash?
I'm on Windows 11. I can drag the VST3 into the rack, but when I try to open it, Reason stops responding and eventually crashes to desktop.
That's because VST3 only works in R12.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

25 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
25 Mar 2023
reasonwhy wrote:
25 Mar 2023

reasonwhy said Windows 11 not Reason 11 lol. You wouldn't see the VST3 available to add to the rack in R11 anyways...

So sounds like it might be an issue on Windows. Does the VST2 work ok? Have you reported it to Reason Studios? Anybody else here on Windows having the same issue?

saidnelson

25 Mar 2023

saidnelson wrote:
25 Mar 2023
Hello guys so I installed the last update 12.5.2 and like most of you I have the bug just when finishing my project of 2 days work well I do the las fade out and Crashhhhhhhhh!!

Please guys I need some help how can I downgrade Reason to 1.5.1. I gotta give this mix to a client for tomorrow 😢 Thanks, I hope some one knows🫶
Any solution for this guys ?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Mar 2023

joeyluck wrote:
25 Mar 2023
MrFigg wrote:
25 Mar 2023

reasonwhy said Windows 11 not Reason 11 lol. You wouldn't see the VST3 available to add to the rack in R11 anyways...

So sounds like it might be an issue on Windows. Does the VST2 work ok? Have you reported it to Reason Studios? Anybody else here on Windows having the same issue?
Hahahaha....duh!!!! Hahahaha :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

25 Mar 2023

saidnelson wrote:
25 Mar 2023
saidnelson wrote:
25 Mar 2023

The versions are available to download here: https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason/updates

Was it saved in 12.5.2? It might still open in 12.5.1?

Let us know if that works.

saidnelson

25 Mar 2023

joeyluck wrote:
25 Mar 2023
saidnelson wrote:
25 Mar 2023

The versions are available to download here: https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason/updates

OMG thank you thank you thank you thank you so much joeyluck !!! I will try right now ! That link is super hidden in the site 😶🌫️

saidnelson

25 Mar 2023

saidnelson wrote:
25 Mar 2023
joeyluck wrote:
25 Mar 2023

OMG thank you thank you thank you thank you so much joeyluck !!! I will try right now ! That link is super hidden in the site 😶🌫️
It doesn't work. But thanks anyways!!

joeyluck

25 Mar 2023

saidnelson wrote:
25 Mar 2023
saidnelson wrote:
25 Mar 2023

It doesn't work. But thanks anyways!!
Maybe support can help. I know it's the weekend though. The fix is available in beta if you sign up, but I guess you won't have access to it that soon.

Spasy

25 Mar 2023

petecampbell wrote:
24 Mar 2023
Same here.. Even browser is super slow (library on SSD and had no problems before the update). Also exporting is now much slower for me.. It's really sad I need to be exporting stems almost daily. I would understand If I have signed up for beta but cmon..

Anyone else having performance issues?

joeyluck

25 Mar 2023

Spasy wrote:
25 Mar 2023
petecampbell wrote:
24 Mar 2023
Same here.. Even browser is super slow (library on SSD and had no problems before the update). Also exporting is now much slower for me.. It's really sad I need to be exporting stems almost daily. I would understand If I have signed up for beta but cmon..

I'm not having issues here.

I think it's helpful to have as many testers as possible so bugs can be caught. If none of the active testers experience the issues on their computers/setup/workflow, how can anybody know? I definitely recommend signing up.

Have you quit and restarted Reason since the update?

Spasy

26 Mar 2023

joeyluck wrote:
25 Mar 2023
Spasy wrote:
25 Mar 2023

I'm not having issues here.

I think it's helpful to have as many testers as possible so bugs can be caught. If none of the active testers experience the issues on their computers/setup/workflow, how can anybody know? I definitely recommend signing up.

Have you quit and restarted Reason since the update?
I have. I have also cleaned & optimized PC and restarted the system as well. I see your point, but like I said I would understand if this was the beta but it's kinda annoying with official update that should make experience smoother. Guess I'll have to wait for hotfix.

petecampbell

26 Mar 2023

Same here, cleaned and all. Significant cpu spikes in projects that used to run smoothly (given all else the same).

Spasy

26 Mar 2023

petecampbell wrote:
26 Mar 2023
Same here, cleaned and all. Significant cpu spikes in projects that used to run smoothly (given all else the same).
It probably varies on different setups, I'm on RYZEN 9 5900X 64gb and I got everything on M2 SSD so it's more than recommended specs I believe. I have contacted support, let's see if the next weeks hotfix can fix this as well.

timotheen

26 Mar 2023

Do any of you have issues using the search field ? I'm not sure if my issue is related to the latest update, but I can't remember if I ever had this "issue?" before.

I wanted to spend the afternoon sorting out samples, and creating a few Redrum patches to speed up my workflow. But I'm struggling to use the search field. Maybe its behavior changed recently, and I'm not doing properly.

In this example:
I'm into a specific folder, and with "search in current location" selected, I'm typing CP909, and as you can see, those samples exists, yet there is not result once I press enter.
https://imgur.com/VHAl09Y
https://imgur.com/XzzbR7k

Am I doing something wrong here ?

Spasy

27 Mar 2023

timotheen wrote:
26 Mar 2023
Do any of you have issues using the search field ? I'm not sure if my issue is related to the latest update, but I can't remember if I ever had this "issue?" before.

I wanted to spend the afternoon sorting out samples, and creating a few Redrum patches to speed up my workflow. But I'm struggling to use the search field. Maybe its behavior changed recently, and I'm not doing properly.

In this example:
I'm into a specific folder, and with "search in current location" selected, I'm typing CP909, and as you can see, those samples exists, yet there is not result once I press enter.

Yes that happened to me before spontaneously, but I never really paid any attention to it because I thought as well I'm doing something wrong (and maybe we both do??)

petecampbell

27 Mar 2023

the decrease in performance is frustrating to say the least.

joeyluck

27 Mar 2023

petecampbell wrote:
27 Mar 2023
the decrease in performance is frustrating to say the least.
And if you revert back to 12.5.1 is it better?

timotheen

27 Mar 2023

Spasy wrote:
27 Mar 2023
timotheen wrote:
26 Mar 2023

In this example:

Yes that happened to me before spontaneously, but I never really paid any attention to it because I thought as well I'm doing something wrong (and maybe we both do??)
I guess by the lack of reaction, we must be a minority having this issue.

However I've noticed something !
All of my samples are on a external SSD as I keep switching between two machines. So I copied a small part of my SSD samples directly to my machine's desktop. Now the search works as intended...

Is Reason 12 unable to use its search fonction if the stuff you are looking for is not on the main drive ? Can anybody else confirm this ?

I'll revert back to a previous version, to see if I encounter this issue as well ... But man what a a pain really :(

• Information