Spring sale has started bargains galore (March 2023 - no MAY MADNESS this year)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dvdrtldg

02 Apr 2023

moalla wrote:
02 Apr 2023
abbey road chambers
Man I love that thing. Waves haters need to try it or stfu

I'm obsessed with Luna at $25, which seems to be the big bargain in the shop. I don't need another synth, but it's so pretty. And I dunno, maybe the ability to morph between two oscillators is the thing my music has been crying out for. Should I buy it? Probably not. In fact I definitely shouldn't buy it. But it's only $25! That's a crazy bargain. And if I just use it to make one good track, then I've justified the purchase. I should definitely buy it. That's it, I'm going to buy it! But then I've already got a bunch of Moog emulations, maybe I should spend more time with them and develop my programming skills. Luna probably can't make any sounds that my current Moog-ish synths don't make. That's final, then, I'm not buying it. But it's so pretty! I deserve a treat! I'm buying it! No I'm not. Yes I am. No I'm not [etc]

Aosta

02 Apr 2023

^Just had the same scenario with Quad Note Generator but I resisted and didn't purchase.
Tend the flame

dusan.cani

03 Apr 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
26 Mar 2023

I really like Ivoks, especially for the filter... which comes separately, at the moment it's $9.00 and well worth picking up at that price. It's really good

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ks-filter/
And don't forget that if you set envelope attack and decay to zero the filter goes pretty wild :-)

Popey
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
02 Apr 2023
moalla wrote:
02 Apr 2023
abbey road chambers
Man I love that thing. Waves haters need to try it or stfu

I'm obsessed with Luna at $25, which seems to be the big bargain in the shop. I don't need another synth, but it's so pretty. And I dunno, maybe the ability to morph between two oscillators is the thing my music has been crying out for. Should I buy it? Probably not. In fact I definitely shouldn't buy it. But it's only $25! That's a crazy bargain. And if I just use it to make one good track, then I've justified the purchase. I should definitely buy it. That's it, I'm going to buy it! But then I've already got a bunch of Moog emulations, maybe I should spend more time with them and develop my programming skills. Luna probably can't make any sounds that my current Moog-ish synths don't make. That's final, then, I'm not buying it. But it's so pretty! I deserve a treat! I'm buying it! No I'm not. Yes I am. No I'm not [etc]
I am going to say if you trial luna I think you will buy it. I have been trying to buy less stuff but luna at £25 was worth it imo.

I have only scratched the surface with it as been preoccupied attaching random lfo's to the osc morph button and creating ever evolving soundscapes. It is a lot of fun

crimsonwarlock

03 Apr 2023

Lost Dog wrote:
02 Apr 2023
Big shout out to Mr Figg and crimsonwarlock.
I really enjoyed your back and forthing's about the Combo X-705 Space RE, so much so, tis now mine too.
You are both great ambassadors of the GAS!!!
I'm actually advocating against GAS, but MrFigg sometimes gets the upper hand :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

crimsonwarlock

03 Apr 2023

Just before the end of the sale, I grabbed ES204 Filter Delay and Tranzient (they were on my wishlist. X-705 wasn't :lol: ). Now I just have to get some stuff for a few more voucher points, and then I can pick up Predator for 25 euros :puf_smile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
03 Apr 2023
Just before the end of the sale, I grabbed ES204 Filter Delay and Tranzient (they were on my wishlist. X-705 wasn't :lol: ). Now I just have to get some stuff for a few more voucher points, and then I can pick up Predator for 25 euros :puf_smile:
Take a look first at how many Rob Papen REs you have. If you’ve got 5 (or maybe it’s 4) you qualify to get the eXplorer VST bundle with everything in it including Predator 3 for $79. Just saying. The GASman
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dusan.cani

03 Apr 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
03 Apr 2023
Just before the end of the sale, I grabbed ES204 Filter Delay
Yeah, me too... :D

ES204 is insane, the filters are so goood...

My list of new wonderful additions:

- SM Tritone Multiband Waveshaper
- Battle-Axe Sound Destroyer
- ReFlanger
- ModularRE Multi-Effect Processor
- Cronus Modulation FX
- ES204 Filter Delay
- Filter Chain X8187
- AMALGAM FM / Subtractive Synthesizer
- ES101 Analog Synthesizer
- Punisher Audio Mutator
- Enforcer Dynamic Saturator
- Red70 Electromusical Synthesizer
- t00b Distortion
- Ivoks Electromusical Synthesizer
- PolyIvoks Filter
Last edited by dusan.cani on 03 Apr 2023, edited 1 time in total.

crimsonwarlock

03 Apr 2023

MrFigg wrote:
03 Apr 2023
Take a look first at how many Rob Papen REs you have. If you’ve got 5 (or maybe it’s 4) you qualify to get the eXplorer VST bundle with everything in it including Predator 3 for $79. Just saying. The GASman
I only have Go2 and Vecto. I don't really need any more synths. Besides, I don't want VST plugins. I'm only getting Predator for the presets and because it is the last thing from the rewards section that I might have a use for. And 4500 presets for 25 euros is a steal :puf_wink:
-------

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
03 Apr 2023
MrFigg wrote:
03 Apr 2023
I only have Go2 and Vecto. I don't really need any more synths. Besides, I don't want VST plugins. I'm only getting Predator for the presets and because it is the last thing from the rewards section that I might have a use for. And 4500 presets for 25 euros is a steal :puf_wink:
Yeah. Except the new synth will probably be in the rewards section. If you keep your $25 and wait for the next sale…
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

03 Apr 2023

MrFigg wrote:
03 Apr 2023
Yeah. Except the new synth will probably be in the rewards section. If you keep your $25 and wait for the next sale…
I already decided that I don't need the new synth :lol:
-------

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
03 Apr 2023
MrFigg wrote:
03 Apr 2023
Bet you’ve never done that before 😂
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

03 Apr 2023

MrFigg wrote:
03 Apr 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
03 Apr 2023

Guilty as charged. Promised myself I didn't need BV-X, same with BLG and Chord Sequencer, and I've been running around Predator for quite some time as well. But in my defense, I bought all those during sales and with reward points. As I'm going to do with Predator now :puf_wink:

But give me some RE suggestions I should definitely get, preferably stuff that doesn't go on sale or is on sale right now. I have a wishlist, but I can't choose :lol: I'm eying Echobode, but not sure if I'll ever use it.
-------

visheshl

03 Apr 2023

Well, i know about how the things are priced here etc...but then my thing is that i have consciously tied myself to the reason ecosystem...also i have liked the propellerheads since a long time...and even though i have spent a lot of money here, i got overpriced stuff too...but its ok...i guess...my only gripe with RS is that when they came up with a new way of working in reason i.e the player devices, they should have included a pattern player and a drum pattern player with R11 instead of selling them seperately....that feels wrong actually.
It feels like youre selling a car with a steering wheel sold seperately...

joeyluck

03 Apr 2023

visheshl wrote:
03 Apr 2023
my only gripe with RS is that when they came up with a new way of working in reason i.e the player devices, they should have included a pattern player and a drum pattern player with R11 instead of selling them seperately....that feels wrong actually.
When they came up with player devices, Dual Arp, Note Echo and Scales and Chords were included with Reason 9.

A drum pattern player with R11? Beat Map was included with Reason 11 :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
03 Apr 2023
MrFigg wrote:
03 Apr 2023

Guilty as charged. Promised myself I didn't need BV-X, same with BLG and Chord Sequencer, and I've been running around Predator for quite some time as well. But in my defense, I bought all those during sales and with reward points. As I'm going to do with Predator now :puf_wink:

But give me some RE suggestions I should definitely get, preferably stuff that doesn't go on sale or is on sale right now. I have a wishlist, but I can't choose :lol: I'm eying Echobode, but not sure if I'll ever use it.
Echobode is great. Was one of the first REs. They never do sales but it was on intro at €20 for a week or so but nothing after that. If you’ve got Bitspeek and write to them they’ll give you a discount on the VST. I have the VST myself as it has an added smear function which the RE doesn’t have. It really is good. The Turn2on bode is pretty good and has a larger range and extra functionality.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

03 Apr 2023

visheshl wrote:
03 Apr 2023
i got overpriced stuff too...
Overpriced is subjective anyway. It depends on what it does for you and if you feel it is worth it. From that perspective, I never bought anything overpriced, no matter the price. I recently found an invoice for my purchase of Native Instruments Pro-52 VST somewhere around 2003, which was 186 euros. That is around 350 euros in today's money. Totally worth it... back then.
MrFigg wrote:
03 Apr 2023
Echobode is great. Was one of the first REs. They never do sales but it was on intro at €20 for a week or so but nothing after that. If you’ve got Bitspeek and write to them they’ll give you a discount on the VST. I have the VST myself as it has an added smear function which the RE doesn’t have. It really is good. The Turn2on bode is pretty good and has a larger range and extra functionality.
As I said, no VSTs here if I can help it.

So, you are saying that HarmBode is better than Echobode? It seems to me they are different, as HarmBode is not an echo. Which would you use for what?
-------

visheshl

03 Apr 2023

joeyluck wrote:
03 Apr 2023
visheshl wrote:
03 Apr 2023
my only gripe with RS is that when they came up with a new way of working in reason i.e the player devices, they should have included a pattern player and a drum pattern player with R11 instead of selling them seperately....that feels wrong actually.
When they came up with player devices, Dual Arp, Note Echo and Scales and Chords were included with Reason 9.

A drum pattern player with R11? Beat Map was included with Reason 11 :)
You know i mean a proper player to sequence patterns and drums, that is the drum sequencer and polystep...and not beatmap

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
03 Apr 2023

So, you are saying that HarmBode is better than Echobode? It seems to me they are different, as HarmBode is not an echo. Which would you use for what?
Nope. Not saying that. I’ve got them both. Here’s a thread I started when I was trying to decide. Mike explains what’s different with Harmbode.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7510704&hilit=Harmbode

I like Echobode. Quality plugin.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

03 Apr 2023

MrFigg wrote:
03 Apr 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
03 Apr 2023

Nope. Not saying that. I’ve got them both. Here’s a thread I started when I was trying to decide. Mike explains what’s different with Harmbode.

Thanks for the pointers. I guess I have to try them out. Or choose something different to buy this time :puf_smile:
-------

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
03 Apr 2023
MrFigg wrote:
03 Apr 2023

Thanks for the pointers. I guess I have to try them out. Or choose something different to buy this time :puf_smile:
Don’t buy anything.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dvdrtldg

03 Apr 2023

dusan.cani wrote:
03 Apr 2023
- SM Tritone Multiband Waveshaper
That's a really good one. From very early in the RE days, it's still one of the best distortion units in the shop

turn2on
RE Developer

04 Apr 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
03 Apr 2023
Update for HarmBode is waiting release now.

What's new: Frequency (note) keytracking by incoming keys notes.
Waiting release to the shop.

ambi

07 Apr 2023

Is it confirmed that there won't be a May sale this year? None of the RE's that are on my wishlist were on sale during Spring Sale. Makes me very sad. :/

joeyluck

07 Apr 2023

ambi wrote:
07 Apr 2023
Is it confirmed that there won't be a May sale this year? None of the RE's that are on my wishlist were on sale during Spring Sale. Makes me very sad. :/
It sounds like there won't be an organized, shop wide sale in May. That doesn't mean that individual devs can't do their own sales. Which ones are looking for? Some don't do sales at all.

Last year there was an end of summer sale in August. I imagine if the March sale replaced the May sale, there will probably be something before the winter sale. March to November/December is a long time to go without a shop wide sale.

• Information