Spring sale has started bargains galore (March 2023 - no MAY MADNESS this year)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
crimsonwarlock

23 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2023
Get the Continental hahaha.
You are the biggest GAS contagion on the forum :lol:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Mar 2023
MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2023
Yep. Enabler supreme.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moalla

23 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Mar 2023

Yep. Enabler supreme.
The 310 Tocatta video made my morning Mr. Gas Figg, reminds me that I could use for organ stuff, the semipro sounding ProjectSam, so if I´m not Bill Laurance or Cory Henry from the Puppy´s this libary still feeds my needs actually and yes now I´m proud owner of famous the forgotten DEQ :thumbs_up:
But later how knows what could be the best....... the keyboarder of our project still is okay with the stock instruments of Bitwirg at the moment.
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Mar 2023
MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2023
How you getting on with it? I'm absolutely loving it. Don't know what was wrong with it 2 years ago. Maybe like when noone wanted Junos or 303s mid 80s and then a couple of years later everyone was wanting in on it. I'm slightly concerned I'm going to buy the harpsichord thing even though I don't like harpsichords and have Re-Strings. Talk me out of it the same as I talked you into getting Space Organ.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

23 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2023
How you getting on with it? I'm absolutely loving it. Don't know what was wrong with it 2 years ago. Maybe like when noone wanted Junos or 303s mid 80s and then a couple of years later everyone was wanting in on it.
Haven't had the time yet to play around with it, hopefully later in the evening. It's not that I didn't like it before, more that I didn't take the time to trial i extensively. Now I bought an unending trial period for 17 euros :lol:
MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2023
I'm slightly concerned I'm going to buy the harpsichord thing even though I don't like harpsichords and have Re-Strings. Talk me out of it the same as I talked you into getting Space Organ.
I don't have your persuasive powers, but I'll try :puf_bigsmile:

If you get it, every time you load it up, it will remind you that you hate harpsichords. Instead, every time you wished you had bought it, post here. I'll remind you then that you hate harpsichords :puf_wink:

That's the best I can do. You'll probably get it anyway :twisted:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

challism

23 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Mar 2023
MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2023
MrFigg gets sales commissions from 90% of the developers in the shop, which he turns around and gives directly back to the developers in exchange for more REs.

If you've ever wondered why Figg has too Gs; one of them stands for Gas.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2023

challism wrote:
23 Mar 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Mar 2023

MrFigg gets sales commissions from 90% of the developers in the shop, which he turns around and gives directly back to the developers in exchange for more REs.

Mr stands for More Res
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Mar 2023

If you get it, every time you load it up, it will remind you that you hate harpsichords. Instead, every time you wished you had bought it, post here. I'll remind you then that you hate harpsichords :puf_wink:

I thank you kindly. The struggle is real.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

23 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2023
challism wrote:
23 Mar 2023

Mr stands for More Res
More
Res
For
I
Get
GAS
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

avasopht
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2023

Well, you can't have GAS if you have everything, right ;)

Therefore, every purchase brings you one step further to being GAS free.

crimsonwarlock

23 Mar 2023

avasopht wrote:
23 Mar 2023
Well, you can't have GAS if you have everything, right ;)
The moment you have everything, new stuff is coming out :puf_wink:

I know, I'm not helping here :twisted:
-------

robussc

23 Mar 2023

I just picked up the Granular Manoeuvres Refill after having been disappointed by the lack of factory presets provided for Grain. Some really lovely pads and textures are included which I was looking for in particular. Also bought Europa Retro Waves Refill, which also cool, though not as revelatory as the Granular one.

While it's not on sale I also threw Europa Relay into my cart as I can't get enough of Europa apparently :) I'm looking for cinematic sounds as part of my Gunship influenced song creation efforts and a bunch of the sounds in that Refill fit the bill nicely. :)
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

crimsonwarlock

23 Mar 2023

robussc wrote:
23 Mar 2023
I'm looking for cinematic sounds as part of my Gunship influenced song creation efforts
If you have Layers and Layers Wave Edition, the Layer Cake refill might be of interest to you. Both Layers REs are great for synthwave :puf_wink:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/product/layer-cake/
-------

robussc

24 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Mar 2023
robussc wrote:
23 Mar 2023
I'm looking for cinematic sounds as part of my Gunship influenced song creation efforts
If you have Layers and Layers Wave Edition, the Layer Cake refill might be of interest to you. Both Layers REs are great for synthwave :puf_wink:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/product/layer-cake/
That does look useful. Argh! :D
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

syncanonymous

24 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023
syncanonymous wrote:
22 Mar 2023

Yes I bought another complete license when Reason 10 came out;
so I started with Reason 1 and upgraded that to 8.3
then when 10 came out; I bought a full new license so I could run 8.3 on laptop
and 10 on my desktop....I didn't want an ignition key and could afford it at the time....various other reasons

so, you are saying anyone with RSN whatever can run previous versions? And where would I get those? Old discs and DLs?
I certainly have discs for Reason ...maybe 1, 2.5 and 4

anyway, doesn't really matter

thanks for helping me out :-)
You should find whatever download you're looking for somewhere in these pages:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/search?q=reason+download

As I said though...I'm not sure if it actually is the case that if you have a license for a version of Reason you can use any of the previous versions. May be that you can only use the ones you've actually bought or upgraded.
OK, yeah, I've been looking into this
as far as Reason goes, it's your order history

so in my case I bought Reason 1 in like 2000- but Reason 1 purchase doesn't show up in my order history;
all the upgrades do
I only upgraded to 2.5 then 4 then 8.3 in 2015

Then in 2018 I bought a FULL License of RSN 10 to run 8.3 on laptop and 10 on desktop like I said before

I have never tried to run an older version after getting a new version

anyway, I did open a ticket with RS to inform them of what I want to do and the response is there can only be one FULL version of Reason per user account...except, my order history shows I have the two separate licenses...

I let support know what I want to do, whether they allow it or not we'll see
but I gonna upgrade before the sale is gone
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

visheshl

25 Mar 2023

This reason business is expensive, but the satisfaction you get after buying that device you've always wanted is priceless.

Now i need to spend money on energy drinks n stuff so that i can sit in the studio and actually work on something properly.
But i think i did pretty well in the past month, i made that Fartificial Intelligence atmosphere, then i made that walk in the dark atmosphere, then i made three more ambiances and made a combined 360 surround track...not bad i think.

I need to buy resonans, but money is short...also thinking of waiting for the new device coming out later

visheshl

25 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Mar 2023
MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2023
How you getting on with it? I'm absolutely loving it. Don't know what was wrong with it 2 years ago. Maybe like when noone wanted Junos or 303s mid 80s and then a couple of years later everyone was wanting in on it.
Haven't had the time yet to play around with it, hopefully later in the evening. It's not that I didn't like it before, more that I didn't take the time to trial i extensively. Now I bought an unending trial period for 17 euros :lol:
MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2023
I'm slightly concerned I'm going to buy the harpsichord thing even though I don't like harpsichords and have Re-Strings. Talk me out of it the same as I talked you into getting Space Organ.
I don't have your persuasive powers, but I'll try :puf_bigsmile:

Harpsichord was my favourite sound in that small casio when i was a kid 😂

PhillipOrdonez

25 Mar 2023

More Res, F It, Go Get'em!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Mar 2023

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
25 Mar 2023
More Res, F It, Go Get'em!
Got 'em
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

syncanonymous

25 Mar 2023

syncanonymous wrote:
24 Mar 2023
MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023

You should find whatever download you're looking for somewhere in these pages:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/search?q=reason+download

As I said though...I'm not sure if it actually is the case that if you have a license for a version of Reason you can use any of the previous versions. May be that you can only use the ones you've actually bought or upgraded.

so in my case I bought Reason 1 in like 2000- but Reason 1 purchase doesn't show up in my order history;
all the upgrades do

Then in 2018 I bought a FULL License of RSN 10 to run 8.3 on laptop and 10 on desktop like I said before

anyway, I did open a ticket with RS to inform them of what I want to do and the response is there can only be one FULL version of Reason per user account...except, my order history shows I have the two separate licenses...

ah...of course! quoting myself :crazy:

So maybe everyone is aware; I wasn't
from pg 17 of the Installation Manual:
"It is not possible to run two instances of Reason (on different computers) authorized to
the same user account. Reason will then enter Demo Mode (see “Running Reason in
Demo Mode”)
."

So, in my case I have two full licenses on one account...but only one license (well authorizer is what I think it is...) can be used at a time on two separate computers. So, I'd need to create a second user account and transfer one of the licenses to be able to run Reason on two computers simultaneously...obviously REs and VSTs will be an issue...but that would allow the upgrade scenario I am after...
that said, I should think RS would encourage such a scenario cuz they'd sell more REs...but maybe I'm missing some possible mis-use angle? I have no interest in mis-use...

Anyway, for those for which it wasn't clear (it wasn't clear for me)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Mar 2023

syncanonymous wrote:
25 Mar 2023
syncanonymous wrote:
24 Mar 2023

all the upgrades do

ah...of course! quoting myself :crazy:

So maybe everyone is aware; I wasn't
from pg 17 of the Installation Manual:
"It is not possible to run two instances of Reason (on different computers) authorized to
the same user account. Reason will then enter Demo Mode (see “Running Reason in
Demo Mode”)
."

So, in my case I have two full licenses on one account...but only one license (well authorizer is what I think it is...) can be used at a time on two separate computers. So, I'd need to create a second user account and transfer one of the licenses to be able to run Reason on two computers simultaneously...obviously REs and VSTs will be an issue...but that would allow the upgrade scenario I am after...
that said, I should think RS would encourage such a scenario cuz they'd sell more REs...but maybe I'm missing some possible mis-use angle? I have no interest in mis-use...

Anyway, for those for which it wasn't clear (it wasn't clear for me)
Use one with an authorized pc (offline) and another with internet online verification. And then buy an ignition key and run a 3rd on another computer.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

25 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
25 Mar 2023
And then buy an ignition key and run a 3rd on another computer.
... if it was still possible to buy ignition keys :puf_wink:
-------

raymondh

25 Mar 2023

Sweet! I picked up Bassline Generator and Chord Sequencer.

Both I've been eyeing up for a while, wondering if I would really use them (I've bought a lot of sequencers that get zero use), but I think both of these will be educational for me to learn new ideas.

raymondh

25 Mar 2023

raymondh wrote:
25 Mar 2023
Sweet! I picked up Bassline Generator and Chord Sequencer.

Both I've been eyeing up for a while, wondering if I would really use them (I've bought a lot of sequencers that get zero use), but I think both of these will be educational for me to learn new ideas.

Hey weird bug (I think). (Reason 12.5.1d41 on Win10)

When I put the bassline generator on a subtractor or other synth, it works fine.

But when I put the bassline generator on the midi out device, it goes nuts - each new bar, it automatically increments the root note by an octave (if on pattern 1). If on a different pattern the interval of the 'auto transpose' is different.

I figure that because the player behaviour is affected by the device it's attached to, then it's not an expected behaviour. Anyone else seen this issue in their version (before I report it)?

_andreypetr_

25 Mar 2023

Report it anyway :) you will have at least a month to check and delete your reportbefore RS will see it.

• Information