Spring sale has started bargains galore (March 2023 - no MAY MADNESS this year)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2023

dusan.cani wrote:
22 Mar 2023
MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023

Why wouldn’t there be a May Madness sale?
Someone mentioned it:

Capture.PNG
Hmm. Looks that way.
Attachments
E3411E6E-B5F8-4582-88FA-0077060B40E2.jpeg
E3411E6E-B5F8-4582-88FA-0077060B40E2.jpeg (82.19 KiB) Viewed 4290 times
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

syncanonymous

22 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023
syncanonymous wrote:
22 Mar 2023
Nice! Timely for me, upgrade to RSN12 imminent

what happens to discontinued REs?
I have FXpansion, Softube and U-He stuff I been using for years...do they become unusable?

Where do I find out the ramifications of upgrading?...Reason Studios is not great at full disclosure IME
Maybe I'll just start my own thread on that
The only thing that happens when you upgrade is you get the latest version of Reason and all that comes with it. You can still use all your REs discontinued or not.
Thanks for that
My main reason for upgrading is collab with a lifetime friend who has just started using RSN+ due to my suggestion...He won't gain access to my discontinued REs...I don't think he can purchase them if I use them in a song and then share with him...so I suppose he and I need to arrive at a new workflow

I have both a Reason 10 and 8.3 separate licenses
I've been using RSN10 on my main machine....
I'd been thinking to upgrade the 8.3 and see what I have to port over to collab with my friend rather than possibly hose my RSN10...ugh, I probably just upgrade the RSN10 at this stage...I pretty much only use the one computer
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2023

syncanonymous wrote:
22 Mar 2023
MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023

The only thing that happens when you upgrade is you get the latest version of Reason and all that comes with it. You can still use all your REs discontinued or not.
Thanks for that
My main reason for upgrading is collab with a lifetime friend who has just started using RSN+ due to my suggestion...He won't gain access to my discontinued REs...I don't think he can purchase them if I use them in a song and then share with him...so I suppose he and I need to arrive at a new workflow

I'd been thinking to upgrade the 8.3 and see what I have to port over to collab with my friend rather than possibly hose my RSN10...ugh, I probably just upgrade the RSN10 at this stage...I pretty much only use the one computer
If you have a 10 license and upgrade you can still have 10 installed. Personally I’d upgrade the 8 license. I’d advise writing to RS though to make sure the correct license gets upgraded.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

syncanonymous

22 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023
syncanonymous wrote:
22 Mar 2023

Thanks for that

If you have a 10 license and upgrade you can still have 10 installed. Personally I’d upgrade the 8 license. I’d advise writing to RS though to make sure the correct license gets upgraded.
Are you saying I can have RSN10 and 12 on the same machine at the same time (not running at the same time)? If I update 8 to 10 I'll have to burn my current RSN10....I guess I have to do that anyway...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2023

syncanonymous wrote:
22 Mar 2023
MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023

Are you saying I can have RSN10 and 12 on the same machine at the same time (not running at the same time)? If I update 8 to 10 I'll have to burn my current RSN10....I guess I have to do that anyway...
No. As I understand it you have two separate licenses which aren't tied to each other. That is to say you haven't bought 8 and then upgraded to 10. (in that case you only have one license as they are tied to each other.)
You can buy a Reason 12 upgrade and choose to either upgrade the 8 license or the 10 license. I would upgrade the 8 license. That way you have Reason 12 and Reason 10.
You could then sell the Reason 10 license and keep the Reason 12 license. As long as you have the Reason 12 license you can have all versions of Reason (1-12) installed on your machine at the same time should you wish to....I think. I may be wrong with that last part but someone can probably confirm.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2023

For anyone wanting an upgrade they're cheaper (as always) on JRRShop with code GROUP at checkout. Just saying.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

syncanonymous

22 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023
syncanonymous wrote:
22 Mar 2023

No. As I understand it you have two separate licenses which aren't tied to each other. That is to say you haven't bought 8 and then upgraded to 10. (in that case you only have one license as they are tied to each other.)
You can buy a Reason 12 upgrade and choose to either upgrade the 8 license or the 10 license. I would upgrade the 8 license. That way you have Reason 12 and Reason 10.
You could then sell the Reason 10 license and keep the Reason 12 license. As long as you have the Reason 12 license you can have all versions of Reason (1-12) installed on your machine at the same time should you wish to....I think. I may be wrong with that last part but someone can probably confirm.
Yes I bought another complete license when Reason 10 came out;
so I started with Reason 1 and upgraded that to 8.3
then when 10 came out; I bought a full new license so I could run 8.3 on laptop
and 10 on my desktop....I didn't want an ignition key and could afford it at the time....various other reasons

so, you are saying anyone with RSN whatever can run previous versions? And where would I get those? Old discs and DLs?
I certainly have discs for Reason ...maybe 1, 2.5 and 4

anyway, doesn't really matter

thanks for helping me out :-)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2023

syncanonymous wrote:
22 Mar 2023
MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023

and 10 on my desktop....I didn't want an ignition key and could afford it at the time....various other reasons

so, you are saying anyone with RSN whatever can run previous versions? And where would I get those? Old discs and DLs?

You should find whatever download you're looking for somewhere in these pages:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/search?q=reason+download

As I said though...I'm not sure if it actually is the case that if you have a license for a version of Reason you can use any of the previous versions. May be that you can only use the ones you've actually bought or upgraded.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

22 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023
syncanonymous wrote:
22 Mar 2023

As I said though...I'm not sure if it actually is the case that if you have a license for a version of Reason you can use any of the previous versions. May be that you can only use the ones you've actually bought or upgraded.
you can use all the versions that you own. you just need to make sure to use a custom install location.

syncanonymous

22 Mar 2023

Billy+ wrote:
22 Mar 2023
MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023

you can use all the versions that you own. you just need to make sure to use a custom install location.
awesome, thanks!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2023

Just bought Jig-Poke's Combo X-705 Space Organ. Finally.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

22 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023
For what did you get it? I'm contemplating getting it every time there is a sale, but I can't really see what it will add to my setup. I really like Eminent strings (Jarre :puf_smile: ), but I have those already in Gforce Re-Strings.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

_andreypetr_

22 Mar 2023

Okay! What will you say about Forgotten Waveshaper? Do you use it and in what genres?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
22 Mar 2023
MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023
For what did you get it? I'm contemplating getting it every time there is a sale, but I can't really see what it will add to my setup. I really like Eminent strings (Jarre :puf_smile: ), but I have those already in Gforce Re-Strings.
I got it because I've been looking at it every time there's a sale. About 2 years ago I decided it wasn't for me. Haven't been able to trial it since. I recently (sort of recently) got the organ pictured from a charity shop and love playing it. Not the same thing but probably just as cheesy.
I've got all his other organs except the B12 (I've got the IK one which is great) and the Harpsichord which I'm not sure about. You any opinions on that one? Anyway, I figured it was worth €17 just so I wouldn't have to keep looking at it every sale. And you know what?...It totally is. Really liking it. :)
Attachments
7E8DE2E2-65EB-4B2C-B8B6-88E2FA772110.jpeg
7E8DE2E2-65EB-4B2C-B8B6-88E2FA772110.jpeg (300.31 KiB) Viewed 4126 times
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

22 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023
dusan.cani wrote:
22 Mar 2023

Someone mentioned it:

Capture.PNG
Hmm. Looks that way.
I'm glad I saw this. I would have been disappointed in May. I guess it's March Madness this year. I wonder why RS is shaking things up? ha ha

Not much I'm seeing in this sale that I don't already have. I'm definitely getting Speo Map 64. I might pick up RS Chord Sequencer; it got a lot better with the last major update, and while I've got access to it through R+, I might not always have R+ and it's in a number of my projects, at this point.

I really wish Kuassa had his regular discounts for the amps. If my memory serves, they are usually marked down to $25, but they are $39 for this sale. Gonna have to pass at that price. I had my money all ready to hand over at $25 each; was going to buy 2 or 3 of them. I guess I will have to wait for the next sale.

I'm also hoping/waiting for Eksperimental Sound to discount a few of his devices down to 50%. He seems to rotate through them and offer some flash sales here and there, so I'll keep hoping and waiting. He is offering some nice discounts on some of his REs, just not anything I don't already own (or want).

Anyway, some good deals to be had. I've just got too many REs.

I noticed DeNote Player is available for FREE. Everybody should grab that, it's very useful for anybody using Players!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

strangers
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2023

Interesting that this is replacing May Madness. I wouldn't have expected that but was also surprised to see such a big sale right before the usual extravaganza. There are some decent sales here that have me trialing a few REs. Red Rock's Palette Colorizer is cheaper than I've ever seen. The trial is proving to be underwhelming. It might be too subtle to the point where I'm not hearing much of a difference between some knobs and settings.

Reasonans Physical Modeling synth is also heavily discounted. I really don't need another synth buuut am tempted to try out another sound maker/mangling device.

Steedus
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2023

Maybe they want new instrument to be the full focus in May?

dusan.cani

22 Mar 2023

Steedus wrote:
22 Mar 2023
Maybe they want new instrument to be the full focus in May?
More precisely, they want to focus on sales of this new RE in the May.

So if there are folks who are not interested in Acoustic simulator generating orchestra and afrobeats, this March madness is the right time to get some new cool synths...

Faastwalker

22 Mar 2023

I cancelled my Reason+ subscription, which ends on the 29th of this month. Hoping I can buy again, for another year, with the deal. But, it’s not really clear how this works. And it doesn’t look like you can get the deal if you’re an existing subscriber. Hence why I cancelled my sub.

crimsonwarlock

23 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023
I've been looking at it every time there's a sale. About 2 years ago I decided it wasn't for me. Haven't been able to trial it since.
That sums up my situation exactly.
MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023
I've got all his other organs except the B12 (I've got the IK one which is great)
I only have the two I need, the Combo B3 for that Hammond sound and the Combo Compact for that transistor organ sound (like that Yamaha in your room, which I totally envy by the way :puf_bigsmile: ).
MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023
... and the Harpsichord which I'm not sure about. You any opinions on that one?
My opinion? I don't like harpsichords :lol:
MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023
Anyway, I figured it was worth €17 just so I wouldn't have to keep looking at it every sale.
That would be my only reason to get it atm as well :puf_wink:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Mar 2023
MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023
I've been looking at it every time there's a sale. About 2 years ago I decided it wasn't for me. Haven't been able to trial it since.
That sums up my situation exactly.
MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023
I've got all his other organs except the B12 (I've got the IK one which is great)
I only have the two I need, the Combo B3 for that Hammond sound and the Combo Compact for that transistor organ sound (like that Yamaha in your room, which I totally envy by the way :puf_bigsmile: ).
MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023
... and the Harpsichord which I'm not sure about. You any opinions on that one?
My opinion? I don't like harpsichords :lol:
MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023
Anyway, I figured it was worth €17 just so I wouldn't have to keep looking at it every sale.
That would be my only reason to get it atm as well :puf_wink:
I know!!! That Yamaha is great. It’s like somebody bought it in 1974 and put it in a room as furniture and never played it. Then they died and their family was clearing the house and sent it to the charity shop. Pristine condition. It’s even got a rotary speaker in it. Awesome.

By the way, the Space Organ is great. I’m really glad I went and bought it. Not a single regret.

I don’t like harpsichords either :).

Oh yeah, the compact is great. Love it. You need to get the Continental too though. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

23 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2023
By the way, the Space Organ is great. I’m really glad I went and bought it. Not a single regret.
I knew you were going to say that, so now you've done it :twisted:

I just bought it :puf_bigsmile:
-------

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Mar 2023
MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2023
I knew you were going to say that, so now you've done it :twisted:

I just bought it :puf_bigsmile:
Yeeeah!!!! Now go and get the Continental and that’s you done for this sale.
Damnit. Just checked. It’s not on sale. Definitely pick it up when it is though. It’s a good ‘un. I’m resisting buying the B3 as I already have a couple of pretty awesome VSTs.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

23 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2023
Damnit. Just checked. It’s not on sale. Definitely pick it up when it is though. It’s a good ‘un. I’m resisting buying the B3 as I already have a couple of pretty awesome VSTs.
If Continental gets a sale at this price, I might get it, but besides the Compact it doesn't really bring anything I'm lusting for. The Space organ did tingle my Jarre affinity every time I saw it on sale, so that's at least taken care of now :puf_smile:

As far as organs go for me, it is the Hammond sound because it's a progrock thing, and the Eminent/Elka stuff because of JMJ. I also didn't get Jig's Combo 310, which is his Eminent emulation, because I already have the Eminent strings available in Re-Strings. Because of your say so, I listened to the Space organ demo videos again, and found that the organ sounds differ quite a bit from the obvious transistor sound (like the Compact), so it is a useful addition.

Funny enough, I don't really like that piercing transistor organ sound like the Compact does. I got the Compact Combo because I had a Philips Philicorda back in the days (I had painted it black and gave it a blue front panel, people thought it was some unknown PPG keyboard because of that :lol: ). Having that kind of sound available is pure nostalgia.
-------

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Mar 2023
MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2023
If Continental gets a sale at this price, I might get it, but besides the Compact it doesn't really bring anything I'm lusting for. The Space organ did tingle my Jarre affinity every time I saw it on sale, so that's at least taken care of now :puf_smile:

As far as organs go for me, it is the Hammond sound because it's a progrock thing, and the Eminent/Elka stuff because of JMJ. I also didn't get Jig's Combo 310, which is his Eminent emulation, because I already have the Eminent strings available in Re-Strings. Because of your say so, I listened to the Space organ demo videos again, and found that the organ sounds differ quite a bit from the obvious transistor sound (like the Compact), so it is a useful addition.

Funny enough, I don't really like that piercing transistor organ sound like the Compact does. I got the Compact Combo because I had a Philips Philicorda back in the days (I had painted it black and gave it a blue front panel, people thought it was some unknown PPG keyboard because of that :lol: ). Having that kind of sound available is pure nostalgia.
I’ve got the 310 but don’t really like/use it. I got the compact and Continental to replace the old free Martinic VSTs. I use the IK Multimedia B3 which is very concise. Also the Martinic vibrato which Hammond Europe wanted to license as it’s so exact. I’ve got Re-Strings also which has Eminent but lacks the other voices in the space organ. Arsch. It’s a sickness. It really is :).
Get the Continental hahaha.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information