It was 20 years ago today…

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kitekrazy

10 Jul 2023

I still have the Reason 4 box where I still have the 4, 5, maybe 6 disks stored. I don't know why common sense leave when it comes to nostalgia with software. I still have my wooden Gigastudio 3 box with versions 2-4. It's not like I'm ever going to install these apps. I still have versions of Sonar 2-7. It's a mindless obsession of the shrink wrap era.

dakta

10 Jul 2023

I got reason 2.0 demo in a pc mag in Autumn-ish 2002.

I wasn't musical up to that point and am not now having never formally studied it, but I was always into dance ejay and the playstation music game and had a reasonable grasp of arranging. Reason made me feel competent because anyone walking past the family computer at the time (I was 14) would stop and ask what all the buttons did on the malstrom then try and feign interest realising there wasn't going to be a quick answer.

So yeah, probably joined the club for all the wrong reasons, but there's something about the fact that what should be a fad (my brother was the music talent of the family and I've never really had my interest acknowledged in any way, I don't think anyone knows I do it) but 20-21 years on I'm still doing it and am now quite invested with the amount of RE's and refills bought over the years, it is safe to say it's a part of my life and who I am now.

I don't regret any of it.

• Information